Midnight Memories

Midnight Memories

Chapter 9

(AN. Since the last chapter was a really short one, i want to make it up to you guys. This Chapter is the longest of all chapters so far, it took me 3 hours to write this keke. And i have added a few characters in the story here, I apologize in advance if the characters i have here are your biases and i have sort of made them the ‘bad guys’. Its not that i dont like them, its just that i think they suited best the characters that i have imagined. Please dont hate me.)

“Where to Ms ?” the taxi driver asked Seohyun, she was still in a daze after her encounter with Luhan.

‘One time he’s kind and caring then the next he’s rude and heartless ’ she shook her head. “What is wrong with him?!” she said loudly, without noticing the driver shooting her fretful looks. “Poor thing, she is pretty though” the driver murmured.

“What was that?” she asked.

“-nothing” the driver replied right away

“Oh, then to YG company please” Seoyhun said to the driver. The driver then immediately the vehicle.

On the way to his uncle’s company, she kept thinking about her encounter with Luhan at the hospital. At first she thought he was just a spoiled rude rich heir - but he had showed her a different side of him that day, he was warm to his brothers too. “I think his bi-polar. Kind and gentle one second then out of a sudden turn into a menacing monster.” she muttered. “Well, that’s not my problem anymore. I wont be seeing him soon” she said, but deep in her thoughts she doubted if that would be the case.

Meanwhile, the driver kept on glancing at her form the sideview mirror. ‘For a beautiful young lady like her, its such a waste. tsk tsk She has gone mad!’ he said to himself.

They were almost there, and the thoughts of Luhan was suddenly replaced by the dreadful memories that she had in the very same company that had once been her second home. She gave the driver the fare and even added a generous tip, the driver smilled brightly at her and even saluted. As she stepped out of the vehicle, she was welcomed by the cold air. She looked up at the towering building and sighed, things have changed now. Her family does not own this company anymore, they’re merely considered as contributors. No one even paid a visit to her father when he was hospitalized, even the people that they have considered their closest friends. They waited, but no one came.

And here she is now, at the steps of the company. About to make the biggest mistake of her life – Asking the very same person who gave them all these misfortune for help. She gulped, she would do anything to save her family even if it means swallowing her pride. She entered the building, everyone’s attention was focused on her. She kept her head high until she reached the elevator, fortunately she was alone inside. She let out a breath and pressed the button for the top floor – where the CEO and the Presidents’ office are located. She wondered how nobody had dared to stop her or even inspect her, usually the buildings’s security is really tight and it was hard even for an employee to get in without presenting an ID. “They know me though” she said to herself. She was feeling awfully nervous, but she pushed the fear away. “You can do this. You can do this” she repeatedly uttered this in her head. The sound of the elevator startled her, the door opened and she was immediately greeted by Victoria – her fathers former secretary.

“Goodmorning Hyun, its nice to see you again” she said with a smile which did not quite reach her eyes. She was faking it she can tell.

“Nice to see you again too Unnie.” she said with a bored tone, she did not even bother to return the smile. Shes not up to faking smiles right now.

SeoHyun was about to go inside her uncles’ room when she heared Victoria laugh.
She looked back at her and wondered what could have possibly made her laugh at this very moment ? She raised her eyebrows at her.

“My my Seoyhun. I know your originally an impolite girl but I never expected it to be at this extent.” she said, while eyeing her from head to toe. Seoyhun met he gaze and shot her a death glare. How dare her ! She was never impolite to anybody in her life – well except for that obnoxious man that she cant get out of her head. This person, whom she treated as her own older sister back then looks entirely like a different person now. How could she say that ? Seoyhun bit her lip, she did not want to say spiteful things to her unnie which she might regret.

 “I was your father’s secretary back then so you treated me badly, with no manners and all. But let me tell you, now its different – Im your ucle’s ‘fiance’ so you should pay some respect !” she ranted.

Seoyhun was enraged. Fiance ? the two of them engaged ? Then it hit her - all those stolen files from her father’s safe, the edited bank accounts and the secret meetings with the opposing companies before. It must have been her ! she must have been helping her uncle then to sabotage her dad.

Victoria must have read her mind, she smiled deviously at her and winked. “That’s right little girl, your uncle and I have been dating for quite a while now. We just wanted to keep it a secret from everyone, and now i guess is the right time to tell people how we both love each other right ? Dont you agree Seo Joo Hyun ? Victoria continued, enjoying her little game with SeoHyun.

Oh how she wanted to slap that smile off of her face ! SeoHyun swallowed back the tears, she will not dare cry infront of this scorned woman. She will not fight back either, she’s going to play fire with fire. She straightened herself up and looked at Victoria with much disdain, then smiled – that same smile that Victoria had given her.

“Congratulations then Unnie. You should definitely invite me to your engagement party” she said. But before Victoria could say anything she added. “But unnie, i wonder how people will react if they knew that the new President of Seo company is engaged to a former - oh how am i supposed to say this ? SeoHyun held her chin, pretending to think hard.

“Ahh! a hooker ? and a woman who’s been already married to a man, who’s  three times her age ? and the sad thing about your marriage was, your husband went bankrupt because of what ? Your addiction to drugs and gambling ! How will people react to that unnie ?” just by looking at Victoria, SeoHyun felt triumphant.

“How did you know all of that?!” Victoria turned pale

“The Seo family is known for having honorable reputations. I wonder how everyone will react to that if they find out ? I guess, well just have to wait and see.” SeoHyun gave her one last look before turning to go to her uncle’s office.

 A tear fell from her eye, even though she had regained her composure and somehow humilliated and at the same time threatened Victoria. She had felt her heart broke for her father, the people that he had trusted and loved the most were the one’s who betrayed him. While she was walking towards her uncle’s office she did not notice that Victoria followed her suit, she heard her call her name. When she turned, Victoria was about to give her a huge slap on the face – “VICTORIA! what is the meaning of this ? “ the voice came from the very office that she was about to enter to. There she saw, the man that she had loved and now hates the most looking at her – with what she think was guilt  and...... lust ?

She must have seen it wrong. She heard Victoria cry, her attention was immediately shifted to her. “This little wench here insulted me ! “ Victoria said sobbing. While SeoHyun just remained standing there, emotionless.

Her uncle stepped out of the office, towards the two of them. It was then that she had a good look at her uncle after a long time. He was tall and handsome and had a bit of this ‘bad boy’ aura. Her father and her uncle were the exact opposite, while her father was calm and soft spoken her uncle was agitated and rough. He was then the family’s black sheep as they say. But he has always been nice to her, he says she was his favorite niece. Well she is his only niece ! That was why she was devastated after knowing that it was him behind all these.

He looked at the two of them, Victoria was sobbing while she was just standing there, avoiding his stare. Finally he spoke “I heard what she said Victoria, and that was all true wasnt it? So why try to hurt her ? “

Victoria looked at him with wide eyes “What ? you’re taking her side ?!” she said.

“Im not taking sides, i just dont want violence inside my domain” he said, trying to stay calm despite being annoyed by his faince’s behaviour. “and she was right, i have never considered what people might say about all those.....i think we should think these through” he said with a blank face. SeoHyun could not tell if he was just playing or was being serious.

‘He’s not going to cancel his engagement,? is he ‘ she thought

“What are you saying then?!” Victoria was on the verge of a breakdown.

“Lets talk about it later, when your.........sober Victoria.” he said then looked at SeoHyun and smiled “Id like to talk to my niece first” he said.

SeoHyun did not return the smile. She was one step from running away from him, she was scared of him. His smile was the same as before but his eyes speaks different. He’s not the same man that she had adored and look up to when she was still a child.

Victoria shrieked “You are going to pay for this !” she pointed towards SeoHyun then walked out.

“Well that was a good show, wasnt it SeoHyun ah?” he said then giggled as if nothing out of the ordinary happened.

She raised her eyebrows at him.

“Come on, lets talk inside. I still have your favorite drink in the mini fridge – Gugoma latte” he said then walked back inside his office.

SeoHyun looked around, no one else was there. Not even his secretary, well it could have been Victoria before her dramatic exit. She follwed him.

When she was inside, he offered her the gugoma latte that he took out of the fridge. She felt so thristy all of a sudden, after all that little conversation with Victoria run dry. She took a sip of the latte, it tastes different than she remembered. But she didnt mind, she consumed it.

“Wow, you must have been thirsty.” he laughed then went to his table and arranged some papers that was scattred.

She needed to say it now, ‘brace yourself SeoHyun ah – you can do it! Its all for your dad’ she said to herself.

“Ucle –her own words were cut off. she was feeling dizzy all of a sudden. Was it because of her skipping meals again ? But she remembred she had eaten lunch with Luhan. She took a seat at the sofa placed infront of her uncle’s table. She held her head and was trying to clear her vision.

“Are you okay, SeoHyun –ah?” he asked

“No, actually i feel a little bit dizzy uncle-

Good, it means the drug i gave you clearly worked.”

She could not believe what she just heard, drugs ? Did he just give her drugs ?! The Gugoma Latte !

He walked towards her, she cant move her legs, she cant even speak to call for help. she felt helpless ‘this is it. this is the end for me’ she thought

He leaned towards her and whispered to her ear. “Dont strain yourself the drug i gave you will paralize you for a couple of hours. You cant talk or move and feel a little dizzy but you will be awake the whole time. So you can hear and see me my SeoHyun-ah”

She was beyond scared. She tried her best to speak “Uncle He-heechul

(AN.this was probably a boring chapter for you eh? keke if it was then please do anticipate the next chapter and the next and then the next becauuuuuse there will be more SeoHan – SeoKai moments (spoiler alert)! YEY !

P.S Dear my beloved reader-nims, if you all like this story then can i ask a tinsy wincey favor from you guys ? Can you help me promote it? kekekeke i would be really happy and inspired to write faster if i have many subscribers J

Kamsahamnida !

PSS. Can i just be selfish and just keep Sehun for myself ? LOL i was planning on not giving him a part in the story, but i cant do that ! EXO wont be complete with one member missing J

PSSS. Dont forget to leave your feedbacks ! comment/message or even better upvote ! )