Midnight Memories

Midnight Memories

It was a long drive, and as she looked through the window the lights from the tall buildings are decreasing and the houses are now  fewer, they were leaving the city. “Uhm, Where exactly are we going ?” she was fidgeting in her seat. Tao looked at her through the rearview mirror but didnt say a word. She was getting worried, it was already 20 minutes since they left the Han river and her mother must be worried about her now. She texted her that she will be staying at a friend’s house for the night, she didnt like to lie to her own mother she never did lie to her about anything. “Were almost there”
she was too occupied by her phone that she did not notice the vehicle entered a private road. It was amazing how the road was lit with lamposts and adored with colorful lights, even at night she could clearly see the beautiful flowers that lined on the side of the road. The moonlight even added an enchanting effect to the whole setting she was mesmerized. “Wow its beautiful” she said without taking her eyes off the garden, she even lowered the car window. “Master, specially prepared the garden and the lights for you. Thought youd like it. He was right” Tao said with a hint of a smile now on his face, but it vanished immediately. “Well actually, i love it !” she grinned. “ I will personally thank him for this when i meet him” she smiled, now a geniune smile. The moonlight hit here face and right there and then Tao saw a beauty, a goddess. His master was right, this woman is no ordinary woman- she possesses an eternal beauty inside and out. He had been watching her for months now, he was tasked to watch her every move. It was his master’s wish to guard the young lady and no matter what happens dont let her get hurt. He personally had witnessed the tragedy that had hit the Seo family a few days back, he felt sorry for her. He had somehow developed  an affection for her. Though his master found it a blessing in disguise, now he has his chance to ask the young lady the favor that he had always had in mind.

 

They were at the entrance of the mansion, Tao alighted the vehicle and then opened the car door for the young lady. Seoyhun stepped out of the car, what she saw on the garden just a moment ago was nothing compared to what she’s seeing now. The mansion or should i say the palace was lit all over ! Its even brighter than Seoul itself and the fountain on the center was magnificent, water flowing at every direction like its dancing. Flowers adorned the place, there were kinds of flowers there that she had never  even seen before, “the owner of this place must love flowers” she thought to herself. The whole place seemed like she was in a 90’s British movie, the whole design of the mansion is classical. Tao saw the amusement on the young lady’s face, but his master awaits. He cleared his throat to get the attention of the young lady, she looked at him and again he saw the pair of sparkling innocent eyes “oh i could just look at them all day- what am i thinking ?! “ he shook his head to clear his thoughts. “Master awaits in the library, he’s very excited to meet you” he said and procceded to climb the steps, Seoyhun followed him without saying a word. Two men dressed in white suits opened the two way door for them, the door was huge. “That door must’ve been heavy” she murmured quitely. She looked at the two guys and smiled. “Goodevening  Ms. Seo JooHyun, weve been expecting your visit” they bowed their heads to her. “we will be your personal butlers for the night, you can ask for our assistance anytime you want” the other one said. Tao cleared his throat “This is Butler Kris” then he pointed at the man who had blonde hair and had a peircing at his right ear. He had a seriuos face just like Tao, “And this is Butler Chanyeol” then he pointed to the other man. Chanyeol had a grin on his face unlike the other two, it made her feel somewhat at ease. Both men are tall ! and they seemed to be of the same heigth. “Its nice to mee the both of you” she held her hand for a handshake, the three men just looked at each other. Tao and Kris sighed, it was Chanyeol who spoke “We dont do handshakes to our guests” he smiled. “Oh” she blushed a little feeling  embarassed. Though she grew up at a mansion all thier servants there was treated as family, she grew close to them.

These three are not like the one’s they have at home though, their very formal. She wondered if everyone in this house is like these three. “I wonder if they got it from thier master” she said to herself. “Lets not keep the master waiting” Tao said. Seoyhun straightened herself up, she’s finally going to meet this person tonight. The three men looked at each other and they looked for a second, worried. About what ? for me ? she pushed all those thoughts aside, she’s doing this for her family and she’ll do just about anything to help them. She followed Tao through the seemingly endless halls in the mansion and finally he stopped infront of a two way door he knocked twice, she heard a low voice - “come in” the voice seemed vaguely familiar to her. Tao pushed the two way door and there on the center of the library seated a man whose face she could never forget, he was smilling at her. Her heart skipped a beat “you ?” she said. “Its nice seeing you again JooHyun”