Midnight Memories

Midnight Memories

“Hey wake up sleeping beauty”

She stirred in her sleep and was finally awoken by a light tap on her face. When she opened her eyes she saw Luhan looking down at her, smiling.

“Foods here” he said then he motioned for someone to bring her the tray.

She sat up in her bed and yawned. She scanned the room and they were not the only ones there. A man who was wearing a Chef’s jacket was busy preparing the tray while another gentleman was busily talking to Luhan. She had never seen these men before but they seemed to be very close to the latter.

Luhan turned his attention to her and introduced the two gentlemen.

“Hyun, id like you to meet my brothers. Chen and Kyungsoo” he said, the two men smiled at her and nodded. She bowed her head slightly in return. She felt self conscious – her face must be swollen and her hair is scruffy from sleeping.

Luhan must have known her predicament at the moment, he laughed.

The two gentlemen looked at Luhan in puzzlement then smiled amongst themselves.

 

The first one to speak was Kyungsoo the one wearing the Chef’s jacket. He brought her the tray filled with mouthwatering dishes, she gulped. Now she remembered how hungry she was.

“Its nice to finally meet you Ms. Seoyhun, ive heard a lot about you from our brothers” he said then looked at Luhan brazenly.

Luhan rolled his eyes at him.

“Nice to meet you too, and thank you for the food it looks delicious” she gave him her heart warming smile.

“Ofcourse those food are delectable, this man right here is well known here in Korea and even in Asia for his cooking. He owns a total of 25 restaurant chains across Asia” Luhan said, interrupting their pleasant conversation. While Luhan was bragging about his brother, Kyungsoo himself looked shy.

“Well arent you going to include me ?” Chen said and made a face.

Seoyhun chuckled at the gesture.

Luhan looked at her and smiled affectionately – but it was gone before she could even react. He patted Chen’s back and laughed. This is the firat time she ever saw him laugh, a genuine one.

“If Kyungsoo is the heart of the restaurants then Chen here is the hand who manages everything. He is the general manager of all the branches – he’s good with people. People seem to like him, clearly they were disceived” Luhan sniggered.

It was Chen’s turn to roll his eyes. “Well, im not that bad. Im good at making acquiantances unlike you” he said. “In fact, i think Ms. Seoyhun and i will be close friends” he smiled at her.

She did the same “I think so too”

“Can we stop this nonsense talk and just let her eat ? The doctors’ orders” Luhan said then placed himself in the seat next to her.

The three of them looked at one another quizically. Seoyhun just shrugged her shoulders and went on eating.

‘This man is clearly bi-polar” she thought.

She forgot all about Luhan when she got a taste of Kyungsoo’s cooking. It was indeed scrumptious.

She finished all the food in the bowl and was so full she could hardly breathe.

“Thank you for the food Mr. Kyungsoo” she smiled, “it was very delicious.”

Kyungsoo smiled “Your welcome, and thank you for appreciating my cooking. Hope you can visit one of my restaurants here, ill give you a good discount”

She laughed “Well, expect me to be there tomorrow then.”

“It was really nice chatting with you Ms. Seoyhun, but im afraid we have to go now. We still have a few errands to attend to. But im very sure this will not be our last meeting and im looking forward to our next” Chen said, he had other meaning to what he said, one that she could not decipher yet.

She felt lonely all of a sudden, these two gentlemen made her forget about her problems even if it was just for a short while but for her it means a lot.

“Thank you so much for accompanying me here, you two must be very busy. I hope we’ll meet soon too” she said wholeheartedly. Luhan was right, it was easy for people to feel comfortable around Chen, he was very kind and entertaining and even Kyungsoo who was the quiet one conveys a gentle aura.

The two left after bidding their goodbyes.

It was back to awkward silence in her room. She tried to break the silence by talking to him.

“Those two seemed very nice and funny, not really like your other brothers who ive met in your house” she said

Luhan at that time was reading the newspaper.

“We have our own different charms” he said shortly

‘Certainly you do have a different one’ she said lowly

Unfortunately for her, he had heard it. He just shot her a glare. She rolled her eyes in return, when can they ever get along ?

After another two hours of silence she decided to leave the room. She has to go see his uncle and ask for help. It was the only choise she’s got, even if it means swallowing her own pride.

She saw that Luhan was sleeping in the couch beside her bed.

“Why did he got me an expensive private room when i really dont have an illness.” she mumbled to herself. Its her chance to ‘escape’ surely this man would not ler her go out alone, it was ‘doctors’ orders’ as he say. She quitely went out of bed and headed to the door. She was about to pull open door open when she was jerked back inside.

“Where do you think your going ?” Luhan said accusingly he was still holding her arm

“Let go, will you?!” she pulled her arm away from him. “I need to go see someone, and its none of your business” she said, annoyed. How dare him treat her like this.

“Your not feeling well, and the doctor said you need to stay in bed for at least 12 hours.” he said in a loud voice. Also pissed.

“Im fine now, ive eatin already remember ? I just fainted because i skipped meals. Im feeling a lot better now. And besides, who are you to order me around? she said, she’s not backing now.

“Dont be a hard headed brat and just stay in bed as i say!” he almost shouted and dragged her back to bed.

She was dragged back to bed. She winced, her arm hurt from the force.

“Your hurting me!” she shouted, it was then that Luhan let go of her. He looked down at her arm and cursed.

He was pacing back and forth inside the room and her eyes hurt from following him.

“I need to see my uncle” she said, he did not say a word so she continued “He’s the only one i could ask for help now. even if i have to swallow my pride, if it means saving my dad i would do it” she said and her eyes were b with tears but she swallowed back her tears. She will not cry infront of him. “So please let me go, im telling you now i feel perfectly fine. Besides his my uncle, even if he had betrayed our family he had always been so kind to me. So you dont have to worry for my safety.”

He stopped pacing and looked at her straight in the eyes. “Your uncle’s not the only one who could help you, if you want to save your Dad then MARRY ME. I’ll help you through all of this. Just say YES, and all of your worries will be over.