Midnight Memories

Midnight Memories

“What are you saying?” she was baffled by the sudden ‘proposal’ – if you could even count it as one.

Luhan stood infront of her, keeping his face blank and void of any emotions.

“You want to save your Dad, right ? Then what im offering to you right now is the easy way for it. Its a win-win situation for the both of us.” he said

Her brows furrowed. “Win – win ?” she said, clearly not getting what his saying right now.

Luhan sighed. “Look, my grandfather wants me to settle down early but i dont plan on doing that just yet. I wanted to enjoy my youth, im still 22 for heavens sake ! So he had planned my marriage for me, even the honor of finding my ‘wife to be’. And that is where you come in” he grinned

“He had always adored you and had set his eyes for you to be his granddaughter in law. I was against it ofcourse, but he had told me that if i wont get married before i turn 23 then he would seize all my inheritance and donate it all to charity.” he sighed. Luhan walked towards the mini bar inside her hospital room and poured a glass of wine.

‘He even had the liberty of bringing a bottle of wine in here’ she thought to herself then rolled her eyes.

He continued. “I dont want all that money go to waste, thats why im asking you this one little favor. Besides im not the only one who will benefit from this ‘marriage’. As ive said, if you agree to marry me then i will take care of everything – your father’s treatment, your family’s debt ,everything.”

She stood up, enraged. “Are you hearing yourself right now ? Your talking about marriage here ! Marriage is something that i consider to be sacred, not some suitable excuse for your selfish ways ! And just so know too – I DONT NEED YOUR MONEY OR YOUR PITY !”

Luhan was dumbfounded after hearing her. “Look, clearly you dont get my point. Im willing to –“ “Leave! “ he was cut of by Seoyhun.

“Im not a ‘thing’ that you can buy off a department store Mr. Lee (AN. Lee is Luhan’s last name) and im not the kind of person that can be bought. You have just belittled yourself to me because of what you did. And let me just say – I can take care of my family, if thats what your most worried about. I’ll find a way. Now leave !” she said with a tone of finality in her voice.

Luhan, without a word headed for the door. But before he walked out he turned to her and said “I know you’ll eventually  agree Ms. Seo Joo Hyun, i will make sure of that.”

For the first time since he had met Luhan, she was frightened of him. It was the look in his eyes that made her shiver.

“I’ll see you soon” he said. And with that he was gone. She was left all alone in an empty room.