Midnight Memories

Midnight Memories

“JooHyun ?” the doctor waved his hand infront of Seoyhun’s face. The young lady seemed to be in  a trance.

“Ne – Neh?” she uttered, shes not her usual self today.

Problems keep coming to her family. His fathers illness had gone worse and he had to undergo surgery as soon as possible, it had to be done in America where the best medications and doctors are. The problem is, they could not afford the surgery. She had no choice but to sell their properties, but unfortunately the money she got is not enough. She still needs loads of cash to pay off their hospital bills and of top of that just this morning she received a letter form the bank saying they need to pay off their debt within one month or else the bank would take their house as collateral. She could not let that happen, that house is very special to her. She was born and raised in that very house and it has a lot of good memories that she and her family shared, before all of this happened.

“Have you decided to bring your dad to the states?” the doctor asked again. He was an elderly doctor, probably in his sixties. He was kind and gentle, he reminded her of her father.

The memories of her dad brought her to tears.

“I still dont have enough money for the operation” she said with a sob.

The kind doctor patted her in the back. “Well then, we’ll just have to keep looking” he said.

“I dont know where else to go” she honestly said. She cried even more.

“Hush now dear, i have some old friends who might be willing to help out. I can contact them today and ask” the doctor said with a reassuring smile on his face.

“You’ve done so much to help us out Doctor, i dont know how to repay you for your kindness” she looked up to him and she saw him smile

“Just be a good girl JooHyun, like you always have. I know you would do the same if someone was in need too.” he said then patted her head gently and walked away, leaving her with her own thoughts.

She went to the rooftop to somehow calm her thoughts, she needs to be strong for both her parents now more than ever. She was crouching to the ground with her eyes closed when she heard footsteps. It must be the patient who she had made friends with who also frequently goes to the rooftop.

“Well look at you,  curled up and helpless in a hospital rooftop”

Two weeks, it has already been two weeks since she left the mansion yet she could still clearly remember that mischievous grin on the mans face. The face that had haunted her in her sleep for days. The very same man who is now infront of her, she did not have to look up to confirm it. The sarcastic tone in his voice were already enough for her to know its –

“Luhan” she said in a low voice. She was not in the mood to play with him now. She stood up but was almost knocked over when she felt dizzy all of a sudden. If it werent for the strong pair of arms that had held her by the waist she might have fell directly to the concrete floor. Then she remembered she had not eatin anything since last night.

 Her eyes were tightly shut, when she opened them she saw a pair of worried brown orbs looking directly at her. Wait – worried ?

She opened to say something but no words came out, she felt weak and being enveloped in the arms of someone she could hardly call a friend seemed to comfort her in a way. “You – “

“Your a one heavy woman. You need to loose some weight – some guys just prefer skinny women you know.” he said, but he did not let go.

And the magic was gone, just like that.

She was too weak to react and she did not care. Without another word he had brought her to the emergency room and asked the doctor to check on her.

He was sitting in the corner of the room while waiting for the doctor to finish checking her vitals.

“What am i going to do with you Joohyun ah” the doctor muttered. “This is not the first time this had happened, i told you – never skip your meals.” he said, he sounded worried.

“Im sorry, ill eat my meals diligently now.” she said and smiled.

But she was not fooling anyone with it.

“You better. Or i might have to confine you here too, you dont want that do you?” the kind doctor threathened. Then he turned his attention to Luhan, who was still in his seat looking intently at them. He stood up and thanked the doctor.

“You, young man. Your job right now is to feed this young lady right here. She doesnt seem to comply with what i tell her to do.” the kind doctor looked at her with a disapproving look then turned again to Luhan. “She might just listen to you.” he said then walked out of the room. She was still looking at the door when she heard him clear his throat.

“You heard what the doctor said. You need to eat, what do you want ? he asked as he handed her his phone. “I dialled a restaurant, you can order anything you want and they will deliver it here.” he gestured for her to take it, but she just stared at it.

‘Why is he doing this?’ she thought to herself

“Well then, ill order what i want. You’ll just have to eat it” he said then dialled the number again. He talked animatedly to the phone but she did not understand a word he said, she was lost in her own world. She fell asleep.

It was the most sound sleep she had after a while. And she even had the most startling dream.

She was walking down the aisle wearing a beatiful off shoulder white gown that showed her slender shoulders and her milky white skin, it fitted her perfectly and showed her voluptious figure. She was carrying a bouquet of red roses and a vail was lightly covering her face, thus making it a little hard for her to see. She could see a man standing at the altar waiting for her. She did not stop walking, instead she quickened her pace excited to see who the man was. She was at the end of the steps to the altar and was looking up to the man whose face still unclear. Slowly she climbed up the steps, he offered her his hand. Her grip on the bouquet tightend, slowly she reached for his hand and –