It's a Deal

Let's Make a Deal

(Same Day: Lunch Time)

Myungsoo's POV

Waaah lunch! I'm starving. So far it's been a good day...minus the whole prank business. Other than that though, I think this is going to be a great year!

"Myungsoo!" I was walking to the cafeteria when I heard Key calling out for me. Yeah! Made my first friend.

"Anneyeong Key!" When he caught up to me, we both headed to get lunch.

"So how's this school?" 

"I'm really liking it. All the teachers here are really nice and the bandroom is just amazing..."

Key laughed at how much I was enjoying school, "Seen anyone that caught your eye yet?" What does he mean?

Not knowing what to reply, I gave it my best shot, "Umm...Well my 2nd period teacher, Mrs. Park, kind of did."

When I said that, Key looked straight at me and gave a weird grin, "Jinja? Was she hot?"

"Well yeah...the room's air conditioner didn't work so it was extremely hot in the room. I couldn't stop staring at her pit stains...She should have changed her shirt or something...I guess you can say she caught my eye..." Key looked at me speechless. Then he fist palmed himself while laughing. What did I do?

"Yah Myungsoo!" He gently punched my shoulder, "That's not what I mean!" Key just stood there laughing.

"Then what are you talking about?" I stood confused.

"Yeoja! Girls! Have you seen anyone you like?" Ohhhh....

"Pssshh what are you talking about?," I felt awkward on this topic, "It's the first day of school! There's no time for that right now." I sounded so lame and I knew it, but I don't know how to react to such a question. Girls have never been my priority so I don't quite pay attention. It's not that I don't like girls, but it's they don't like me so I just focus elsewhere.

"...Are you kidding? Myungsoo c'mon now you are joking right?" No I am not.

"Ani...C'mon let's just get lunch now, I am hungry!" I wanted to stop talking about it.

When we were done, we tried looking for a table. Dang, the place was so crowded. We literally spent 10 minutes of our time searching for a spot. There was one spot that was not completely filled so I started walking towards it...

"Kajima!" Key held me back by the arm, "That's the Kingkas and Queenkas section..." What? They have their own section? Who are they anyways? I didn't even know people like them existed.

"Why do they get their own section? They don't own this school." All I wanted was to find a seat and eat my lunch.

"Actually, their families are big sponsors of this school so..." Ugh wow. -.-

Naeun's POV 

Yes! Done with practice. I am on the school's academic decathalon. May I add, team captain! Haha no big deal...ehem. Ughh but I still have to meet with them again after school because we are welcoming newcomers. Whatever, I just hope we get some great people this year since our smartest members graduated. Then again, hopefully someone who doesn't steal my position...

As I was getting lunch, I heard yelling from the cafeteria. I tried finding where it came from. What I saw was a guy yelling at some girl. So rude. He was embarassing her. I felt so bad. I looked closer and noticed it was Ok Taecyeon and Bae Suzy. Wow of course a 2pm kid. After he was done shouting at her, he forcibly took her away. God he looks like a jerk...

I continued on my way to get lunch.

"Excuse me, but your 1000 won short.." I was at the cashier, when the guy in front of me held up the line because he didn't have enough money.

"Oh jinja? Key, do you have some money I could borrow?" The guy was pretty scrawny looking. He wore glasses and a P.E. shirt which was kind of worn down. I'm guessing he's new here because I have never seen him before.

"Ani. Miahne, Myungsoo." So his name is Myungsoo. "I'm all out of cash." Because I wanted to get out of this situation, I decided to just be nice a give this Myungsoo guy the money.

"Here." I handed over the money to the cashier. Both boys looked at me in shock.

"Kamsahamnida." The cashier accepted the cash and cleared Myungsoo's lunch.

What annoyed me was that the Myungsoo guy didn't move out of the line afterwards. He just stood there silent. C'mon! I want to eat already! "Umm..." Ugh I wanted him to leave.

A few seconds more seconds of silence and he finally said something, "Hi! Um I am Myungsoo. Komawo, I owe you one." He bent foward to bow. In my head I thought, 'You can owe me by moving out of the way.' Then he ran out of the cafeteria. I'm not going to lie, but his actions are quite cute. Too bad he isn't my type.

Myungsoo's POV

Who was that girl? She was so nice and...pretty. Key and I found a table by the library. I couldn't stop thinking about what just happened.

"Yah! Are you even listening to me?" Oops I didn't notice Key was talking.

"Oh mianhe." 

"Waaa. Yah. Are you thinking about that one girl from the cafeteria?" When I didn't answer, he took that as a yes. Key laughed, "I'm not trying to be mean, but don't get your hopes up. That's Son Naeun. Her last boyfriend was 2pm's Wooyoung."

My head shot up at the name, "The guy who pranked us!?!" Key nodded his head. "She's into stupid jerks?"

"I guess. But it's funny because she is number one at our school haha hanging around with the bottom of our class." Wait she's number one? My competition? 

"Seriously?" My hopes started to tumble downhill really fast. "What do 2pm have that I don't?"

"Well other than your brain, everything." Everything? How does one simply attain everything? "Myungsoo, what are you thinking about?" People like 2pm always get it easy. They get out of trouble, they get all the spots, they even get the girls. I want to be like 2pm...I want everything.

Key, after finishing his food, explained he needed to fix something with the office. So basically he left me all alone. I checked my wactch. There was still about 20 minutes left in our lunch. What do I do now? Since I still don't know this school, I guess i'll go explore. I started with the library which was right behind me. I walked in and it was gigantic. It was so nice. There was even a second floor. Aisles and aisles filled with such wonderful books. This school just became even better. 

Though I wasn't planning on checking out anything, I still walked around the aisles and examined the books they had. It was amazing! They had new releases. When I was done checking out the bottom floor, I excitedly ran up to the second floor...All I could say is...Damn. I'm not the one to cuss but this made me. I came up expecting even more aisles of books but I was wrong. The second floor was fantastic! It was where all the tables and study rooms were at. The walls were designed with the greatest stories in history. There were at least 10 study rooms which were undoubtedly amazing. I walked into one and it was sound proof. This will be a great place to do all my work. There was only one table and few chairs. Also, it conveniently contained a white board on the wall, perhaps if there were a study group. It was weird though that no one was up here. Then again, it's the first day and no one would want to be studying. There was about 10 minutes left before the bell rings so I decided i'll just stay up here. I grabbed a chair a sat at a table in the middle of the room. Unfortunately, I found myself lusting over that Naeun girl again. Ahhhh! What the heck! Why can't I ever get a girl like her? Is it morally wrong or something? Do pretty girls always just date cool boys? I may not be buff or cool or rich or hot...dang, I really do have nothing. Wait a minute, what was I talking about again? Oh yeah, so I may not be a Kingka but it doesn't mean that I am no better than those 2pm kids. In fact, I consider myself better than them. Menatlly that is. I'll admit they sure win physically...After a few minutes of thinking, I heard a very soft noise from the distance. Is someone here? I got up from the table and walked around. I noticed the noise was getting louder. There was someone in one of the study rooms. Coming to the sixth room, I was sure I found it. I pushed my ear up against the door. I could hear soft crying. It sounded like a girl. Building up courage, I pushed open the door. What seemed like soft crying appeared to be ear piercing crying. She sounded like she was screaming but in fact was crying. I covered my ears because her cries were starting to give me pain. Remember how I said these walls were sound proof? Apparently, this girl was loud enough to be heard past it. She was turned around so she didn't notice me. I closed the door because if I didn't I am sure she could be heard down stairs. I came closer to where she was sitting. Eotteokhae?

"Umm excuse me miss..." I tapped her shoulder...it was a bad idea. The girl had great reflexes because once I touched her shoulder, I found myself pinned down with my arms behind my back on the table.

"Who are you?" She stopped crying but she still was breathing heavily. I still didn't know what she looked like because she had me facing flat on the table. Man, I am so weak.

"Well, who are you?" My tactic was to play around a little. And no, this is not flirting. This is just because I was a little pissed at what she did.

"Are you some or something?" What!? !?! I just wanted to help. Whoever this girl was, she was starting to get me super angry. I tried freeing myself from her strong grip. Yet sadly I failed. Dang it.

"Yah! I am not a ! Let me go! You're the ert for holding me down!" It was a lame comeback, I know. But this was annoying. I just wanted to be free so I can leave. "Get over yourself! Are you that conceded to think I came here to mess with you?" Because I was extremely annoyed, I accidently slipped out a few rude things. Suprisingly, she had let go. Had my words affected her? Getting up from the table, I fixed myself. 

"Am I really selfish?" The girl's voice became weak again. Although I wanted to just leave a be done with her, I owed her an apology. I turned around. She was sitting on the floor with tears running down her eyes. Did I do that? Guilt started running through my blood. I hated guilt. I never knew how to deal with it.

"Yah." I bent down onto the floor and held out my hand. "Mianhe. Gwaenchana?" She looked up and stared at me for awhile. I won't lie, she was beautiful but it didn't necessarily make me go wow. Rudely, she pushed away my hand and got up herself. "Hey! I was offering my help." Who is this girl? She's so rude. It's hard trying to feel sorry for her.

"Well I don't want it." The girl started wiping her tears and grabbed her bag before heading out the door. I was left dumbfounded.

(After School) 

Suzy's POV

So today was a bust. I got rejected by the guy I love and humiliated by some nerd. Today was the first time I felt so inferior and small. By the way, who was that nerd at lunch? I can't believe he witnessed me crying. Aishh so humiliating! Whatever, at least school's over. As I was walking, Taec's words ran through my head. 'Someone smart'. I know I am not smart but I didn't think he would be shallow enought to reject me for such a thing. So I'm not smart, who cares? I'm still pretty, right? Also I am rich, that counts. I could even work on being nicer. It's just the smart part. How can I change that? Then an idea came to me. Tutoring! If smart is what Taec wants, then smart is what i'll be. I will do anything for a chance.

I went to go check the office bulletin board and started scanning for some tutoring flyer. Ha! Found it! Room 210? Hmm never been there. I began walking to the two hundred buliding. Once I found the classroom, I looked through the window. There was a bunch of kids in there. I looked again, nevermind. there was a bunch of nerds in there. They didn't look like they were tutoring though. It seemed to be some kind of meeting. Being a coward, I ended up staying outside the door.

"Are you here for the meeting too?" A few minutes later, someone was behind me. Why was the voice so familiar?

When I turned around, I was shocked to see the erted nerd from lunch. "Yah, it's you...the ert." I gave him a silent glare. He looked at me and laughed. Who is he to laugh? Instead of answering back he brushed passed me and entered the classroom. It made me furious. Angry, I walked after him. "Yah! Answer me!" It was a stupid move. The whole class was staring at me.

"Suzy?" It seemed Naeun was leading this meeting. "Are you hear to join the academic decathalon?

"Academic Deacathalon? Oh I thought this was a tutoring class.." I tried smiling my way out to make things less awkward. Luckily, Naeun was nice.

"Oh yeah you're right! I just borrowed this classroom for a short meeting. Tutoring will be held afterwards. If you want, you can stay. It'll only be a few minutes." Naeun seemed like a really nice girl. She's also very popular too. Well not like Queenka popular but popular because she's known to be the school's sweetheart with her charm. Maybe she's the type Taec is looking for.

"Jinja? Ah arasso." After thanking her, I went to go look for a seat. Sadly, the only open seat was next to that library kid. Ugh. Why am I doing this?

When I went to sit down, the kid just stared at me. I too, stared and examined him. Yup, he looked like a loser. What is he wearing?...No....Wait, hold up! Why does that shirt look familiar? It was the school's old P.E. uniform but we have new ones this year. Isn't he new? And that's not even it. This shirt seriously looks familiar. Unless....I knew it! He's wearing my old P.E. shirt I lost 2 years ago! I remember because it had an S stitched on the shoulder.  

"Yah! So you are a ert!" The kid looked at me with anger mixed with confusion.

"Could you stop calling me that?!" I grabbed him by the shirt.

"This is my shirt!" The other students started laughing really hard. The nerd looked embarassed and smacked my hand off.

"Hajima!" Naeun yelled from the front of the class. "Suzy you are disrupting my meeting. Could you please sit and be quiet?" It was true. I was being rather rude. I pulled a chair and sat down. "Myungsoo, gwaenchana?" She looked at the guy that sat next to me. So the 's name is Myungsoo?

The guy smiled and nodded his head, "Mmm kamsahamnida." Yup, that's his name.

During the meeting, they did a few one versus one challenges to test their ability. It was entertaining watching these nerds get excited over math and science. These games lasted for about 10 minutes.

"Okay you guys thanking you for trying out." That's what you call trying out? "But unfortunately, we only have 4 open spots." Aww that's really sad. There was at least 25 people in this room. That means, if I do my math correct, 50% of these people will get rejected...right? "So first, Jung Eunji." Everyone applauded. I found myself applauding as well. She was a fast math solver. "Second, Lee Howon. Third, Wang Fei." I clapped for them too. They did great. I could feel the tension build because there was only one spot left. "And last, but certainly not the least...Kim Myungsoo! You scored the highest in our tryouts!" I did notice he won almost all the challenges but I didn't want to admit it. Happily, Myungsoo cheered. The class also cheered for him while some students were sad they weren't chosen. I guess I should congratulate him.

"Good Job......" Because he was too happy, he put the thing aside for now.

"Komawo."

Finally, the meeting was done. Everyone started packing up their bags and left the classroom. I walked to the front of the class to talk with Naeun. "Suzy-ah. Stiil need a tutor?" She was fixing all her papers.

"Mm deh. Is there anyone who can help me?" Naeun stopped shuffling with the papers and looked at me.

"See the kid over there?" Naeun pointed at the only guy left because he was so slow in packing up.

"Myungsoo?" She nodded her head. No...I can't work with this guy. "Is there anyone else?"

"Look, he may not look appealing but he is seriously smart." I know that, but still. We already have bad impressions of each other. "You could ask him, he seems nice." In my head, I would rather just give up. But this was more than me. This was for Taec. I promised myself I would do anything to win his heart. So if it means that I have to work with this kid, then I will.

"Okay, thank you." I left Naeun and approached Myungsoo.

"Anneyeong." He looked suprised to see me. Ugh...he looked so weird. His surpised face turned into an angry expression.

"Are you here to call me a again?" He turned his gaze back to his bag. After he said that, a part of me actually felt guilty for it. Strange.

"Ani, mianhe." For a start, I apologized. It felt weird.

Myungsoo's head shot up. "Wow so you do have feelings." Ooo I wanted to smack him so hard but I held myself back.

"Look, Myungsoo. I need a tutor, will you be it?" Annoyed, I just went straight up to the point.

He laughed, "Shiro!" What??? He is so...UGH!!!

"Yah, why not!?" He finally finished packing and grabbed his bag, walking out of the classroom. "Hey! I am talking to you!" Myungsoo suddenly stopped walking and I accidently bumped into him. "Aisshh."

"I thought you didn't want my help?" When he stated that, it came to me. At lunch when he offered his hand, I remember rejecting it and stating that I didn't want his help. Truth is, I don't want his help, I need it.

"That's different!" I can't believe I am still talking to this guy. "C'moooooon. I can help you too!" Myungsoo shook his head and smiled at my ridiculous suggestion.

"Yeah? And what can you possibly do for me?" His stare dug deep into my eyes. 

"You can take a picture with me and show all your nerdy liitle friends?" He laughed, turned around, and started walking away again. I examined his outlook. Myungsoo was very skinny. His hair needed a good trim. The glasses didn't help at all. Those shoes were obviously worn to its death with holes on the sides. He should buy new ones. The pants were alright but it was faded. Don't even get me started on the shirt, which is still a question to me. How did he get my shirt? "I could make you look like a kingka!!!" Myungsoo, who was at the end of the hallway, stopped. He didn't turn around immediately but at least he wasn't walking away. "Yah! Did you hear me?" I started walking towards him. When I reached him, he turned around.

"Could you really?" At first I was confused on what he was talking about. Then I remembered.

"Yes, I could make you look attractive...even if it may be hard." The last part I kind of whispered to myself. It's not that Myungsoo was ugly, he was just weird...

I could tell he thought real hard about this trade. I was growing impatient. "So you need a tutor?" Yes, I nodded my head. "And you'll make me look cooler?" Again yes, I nodded my head.

Myungsoo's POV

Should I do it? My mind was so conflicted. I mean I wouldn't mind tutoring anyone without anything for exchange. It was just this girl. I didn't want to help her because of the library incident. But then she offered something I couldn't refuse. Change. By looking at her, I could tell she's one of the Queenkas of this school. She can help me. Ahh but that would mean I would be giving up to the likes of her. Whatever Myungsoo (talking to myself) you got to do what you got to do. I want this.

"So is it a deal?" The girl looked at me while holding her hands together up to her face.

"It's a deal."  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Second chapter finished! Yes, a little late than I hoped but at least it's a longer update. How was it? Good? Bad? Well I got the introduction parts out of the way. Now it's time to start this story haha Hope you guys enjoyed this, the story is going to pick up soon! Stayed tuned for the next update. Please leave comments about you feel, thanks. Have a good day everyone! :D