Day 1 Part 2

Let's Make a Deal

Suzy's POV

We were driving in Myungsoo's car on the way to the mall. Who knew this kid could drive? I should try getting my own license too. I don't like having to depend on a driver. "So...umm what's it like?" Myungsoo broke the silence.

"What?" What the heck is he asking? Such a weird question.

"Uh...the mall." Huh!?! How does he not know?

"What do you mean? Haven't you been to one?" I looked at Myungsoo as he shook his head. 

"...Ani...I have never been to one." His voice was very meek.

"Jinja! You're saying you have never been to the mall...ever?" How has he never been to the mall? I would assume everyone has gone at least once. Well if you're like me, then more like a million times...

"Well I am not really a shopper...Is it like what you see on TV?" His voice sounded excited. It was cute and funny at the same time. I almost feel bad that he never goes. Aww I get to share his first time at the mall moment lol. Now it's my duty to show him a good time.

"Oh well that's okay. Haha and I guess? I mean all malls are pretty much the same. The only differences may be the stores in them." I watched as Myungsoo smiled.

"We're here!!" Myungsoo parked near the entrance. Geez so eager haha. He acts like a little kid at the toy store. "Yah! Hurry up!" Myungsoo was already out of the car and was knocking on my window telling me to get out. Man, can't he wait. I need to fix my hair first.

"Yah! Slow down. I'm getting ready."

Myungsoo's POV

OH MY GOSH!!! WE ARE AT THE MALL!!!! HAHAHA Oh god, what should I expect? I have never been to one but I imagine it to be great. I've only experienced them through TV and they look so cool! Ugh Suzy is so slow right now. Can't she hurry up?!?!

"Yah! Hurry up!" I kept banging on her window. She didn't get out of the car yet and it was making me impatient.

"Yah! Slow down. I'm getting ready." I literally watched as she went through her bag and pulled out a brush. Suzy started to brush her beautiful, long black hair.

"Seriously?!?! C'mon! You don't need to fix yourself! You already look amazing!" Whoa that didn't come out as I intended. Normally, I would never say that. I was just eager to go inside. Plus, even if it was true, I would never admit it. Suzy stopped combing her hair for a second. Oh no, she didn't take it weirdly, did she? She turned her head to my direction and looked at me with an expressionless face.

There, we stared at each other. It didn't last very long though when Suzy jerked her head back foward and began combing again. "Pssshhh of course! I always look amazing! Duh. But it wouldn't kill me to look even more gorgeous." Of course...So full of herself, I swear. A few minutes later, Suzy was finally done and got out of my car. "Here, hold this." Suzy rudely handed me her purse and walked on. This girl has got to be kidding me. As I was coming up with something to yell back at her, I didn't notice she was already at the entrance.

"Yah! Wait for me!!!" I started running after her.

Suzy's POV

Alright, Suzy...Keep hold of yourself. Myungsoo is just being nice...Still, no guy has ever said anything like that to me. Well they have but his sounded so sincere...

"Are you even listening to me?" Crap, Myungsoo caught me lost in thought.

"Oooo? Deh?" Myungsoo handed me my bag.

"I'm not going to hold this. What did I tell you about respect?" Oh yeah, I forgot I have to be "nicer".

"Yah! I'm not being rude, it's called you being a gentlemen." With that, Myungsoo laughed and left me with my heavy bag. Damn it, why do I have so much stuff?

"Yah! Aren't you coming?" It took me awhile to realize that he already entered the first store. Nevermind, Myungsoo is just like any other guy.

The first store we entered was rather crowded. The clothes though, they were y haha. The next the thing I knew was Myungsoo was walking towards the exit. "Where you going?" We just got here.

"Umm...lets not go here." What's wrong? Hmmm must not be his style.

"Ayee. C'mon. I know you may be used to your little nerdy style but this is totally in right now. Trust me, I am your stylist, right?"  I could tell a part of him still wanted to leave for reasons I don't know why but in the end he gave and followed me back into the store. "Okay, where should we start? Oooo!" I immediately saw these cute pairs of shoes. Wait....wait...wait...This is Myungsoo's day. "Umm, so Myungsoo, anything you like?" I found him looking at the clearance section. ugh why is he looking there? The clothes aren't that great there. "Ayeeee! Follow me. I'll show you the good clothes." I pulled his arm towards the jacket section. "You like jackets?" He was a little bit hesitant at first, then he slightly nodded his head. I instantly grabbed a random black long-sleeve, "Here try this." Myungsoo shyly grabbed the jacket and went inside the dressing room...

myungsoo.jpg

Woah. Not only did Myungsoo come out with the jacket I gave him but he even took off his glasses. Not bad. "Do you not like it?" His faced showed dissapprovement.

"Uhh...well it's not really my style." I checked him out from head to toe. He needs to put on some glasses cause this style is hot.

"Maybe if you had on your glasses you'd see yourself better...." He didn't bother with my comment and continued to look oddly into the mirror. "Okay, then how about you pick something that is your style and i'll see if it looks good or not." Myungsoo went back into the dressing room to change and started to look around on his own. This gave me some free time to look at the shoes haha.

"...How does it look?" Myungsoo called me as I was walking around. Woah...

73522_415245871894358_299103186_n.jpg

I mean I have seen better, but Myungsoo...He's not bad. Then again, this is just the beginning haha. He'll be just like a Kingka in no time. "Hmmm not bad. I guess you do have some what of a fashion sense..." I didn't admit that he actually look pretty hot because that'd be gross. Instead, I acted normal.

"Pshhh better than whatever you would have picked." He moved to check himself out in the mirror. Pffft! This Kid...Ughh so full of himself.

"Whatever...So are you going to get that?" His smile faded and then he turned around to face me. 

He exhaled, "...No." What? Why not?

"Wae?" Myungsoo just shrugged his shoulders and went back into the changing room. When he came out back in his normal nerdy clothes, I grabbed him by the arm. "Yah, you don't like it?" He shook off my hand and returned the clothes.

"I do...I just...I can't afford them..." After putting them back, he exited the store. That's it? No money? I watched as he walked out. I stood there thinking, "Yah! Are you coming?!?" Myungsoo called from outside the store. I ended up following after him. "Where to next?" His smile was back. An odd feeling of relief came over.

"Mmmm. (Stomach Growls)." I immediately held my stomach. Dang it, did he hear? I haven't eaten since this morning. I looked to see Myungsoo's reaction. At first it was calm, then....

"HAHAHAHAHA!!!" Crap...I started to feel embarassed and looked down at the ground. A few seconds later, Myungsoo stopped laughing, stared at me, then stopped walking. Uhh keep walking!!! This is so humiliating. I continued to walk on until I felt a hand pull me back. It caught me off gaurd as I lost my balance and fell backwards. Luckily, Myungsoo caught me... "Yah, how about we eat?" What an awkward position. -_- Still holding onto me, Myungsoo looked around to see where the food court was. He helped me regain my balance, "Kaja. I think there's a food court down there." He held out his hand...Um what does he think he's doing? I literally stared at his little puny, weak hand for a moment before smacking it away.

"Ha! Nice try , but I don't exactly know where those hands have been..." I gave a disgusting look and brushed passed him.

Myungsoo's POV

The mall is pretty cool. I mean it's not as fascinating as on TV but it's still awesome. Ahh if only I had enough money to afford these clothes. I was in the middle of changing when I realized how expensive these clothes were...Dang it. Might as well just try it on for fun. When I walked out of the fitting room, I searched for Suzy. Do I look stupid? I think I looked stupid. I was prepared to be laughed at by Suzy. Surprisingly, she didn't react the way I expected. I even think she might have liked it. Of course she didn't praise me or anything. She'd never do that but she didn't say she didn't like it either. I just put two and two together. As she was checking it out, I turned to look into the mirror. I couldn't see very well considering I wasn't wearing my glasses but I think I looked okay. Suzy then asked if I was going to buy it. Ha! No! I ain't got money :( I'm not going to tell her that though. Instead, I just shrugged my shoulders and walked back into the fitting room to change. When I was done, I returned the clothes to racks and nonchalantly walked out. Suzy seemed confused...it was funny.

"Yah! Are you coming?!?" Finally, she moved from her place and joined me outside. I wonder where to next. I'm quite enjoying this. Then suddenly Suzy's stomach growled rather loud. Ha, she must be hungry. At first I found it really funny...maybe even a little cute...so I started laughing real hard. I could see that it bothered her as she kept staring at the floor. I stopped laughing and checked to see if she was okay. We should probably eat...Unexpectedly, I pulled her back from behind by the arm....I swear if I was a bit good-looking, girls would totally fall for this romantic act. I felt like I was in a drama lol. It was a complete fail though. She ended up losing her balance and fell backwards onto me. I'll admit, I am pretty weak. I'm just glad I didn't fall back as well. There we stood. As I helped her back onto her feet, I explained that the food court was nearby. I kindly held out my hand, not in that way but because she still looked a little out of it. She was silent as she stared at my open hand. 

"Ha! Nice try , but I don't exactly know where those hands have been..." She rudely declined my friendly offer and brushed passed my shoulder...Oooo I really hate this girl...

We finally arrived at the food court. Hmmm what to eat? Well I am not really hungry, I'll just ask Suzy. When I turned to ask, I realized Suzy had left my side and went to go take a seat. What the? I walked over to her table, "Suzy! I thought you were hungry." She was playing with her phone and didn't even look up as she spoke.

"Mmm deh." 

"Then why aren't you ordering?" This time she put down her phone and looked at me.

"Pfff. Why don't you be a gentlemen and order for me..." She went to her phone.....AISHHHH What is wrong with her??? I decided to let it go. It's not like I can do anything about it. This was just her personality....A really bad one.

"Unbelievable...Arasso. What do you want?" I can't believe I am doing this.

"Mmm....I just want a drink. I'll eat later at home." 

"You sure?" I was just making sure because earlier she sounded quite hungry.

"Deh." With that, I went to grab us some coffee at Starbucks.

As I got to the counter, I realized I forgot to get money from Suzy. Dang it. Do I have enough? I reached into my back pocket for my wallet and opened it...$3...great. I can't even buy one coffee with that. Oetteokhae? It may be embarassing but what choice do I have? I'll go back and ask Suzy for some money....THUMP....

I blanked out for a second...I think I bumped into someone....Then I heard, "Gwaenchana?" Oww my head ached. My vision was blurry. My glasses fell out. I tried searching for until I felt them being handed to me. It must be the person I bumped into. Finally, I got clear vision as I put them on. I couldn't believe my eyes when I found out who the person was. "Myungsoo? Hey, nice meeting you here." Naeun stuck out her hand to help me off the floor. She looked amazing today with her cute red turtle neck.

"Oooo Naeun! Hehe..." I'm so awkward. "Anneyeong. What are you doing here?" I found myself mumbling in a fast pace.

"Uhh well I am here to buy some coffee..." She held out her hand to emphasize that we were in a coffee shop....I am such an idiot...Once I realized, I facepalmed myself. Luckily, it made her laugh a bit. "Oh I think you were next in line." 

"Ani. I don't have enough money. I was just about to leave..." As I was about to say goodbye, Naeun once again did me the favor.

"Well how much do you need?" She reached for her bag and pulled out her wallet. I immediately halted her. Naeun looked up in surprise.

"Ani!! I'm okay. Plus you already saved that one time at lunch. I'm the one who owes you." She smiled at my words but continued to reach in her wallet. This is humiliating...

"It's fine. You don't owe me anything. As team captain of the academic decathalon, think of it as a welcome gift to my newcomers." Naeun smiled brightly than ever as she handed me 5 dollars. "Is that enough?" I looked at the money and smiled.

"It's more than enough. Kamsahamnida." I walked up to counter and order a medium caramel macchiato. After retrieving my order, I bid Naeun goodbye. Today is a good day...

Happy, I skid back to the table. Oh god, can't stop smiling :))) As I reached the table, I gladly sang out, "Heeeeerrreeeee yoouuu gooooo!!!!!" Haha, I was out of tune but I didn't care. I was happy. My smile soon faded when I notice Suzy didn't react. She sat staring out in the distance. When I looked closer, I noticed she was on the verge of tears. What happened? "Suzy-ah...What's wrong?" She didn't answer. She just held her gaze. I tried looking at where she was staring at...As I looked, I saw that President guy, what was his name again? Taecyeon? Yeah I think so. Well what I saw was him sitting down at a table making out with some other girl. She wasn't that great looking though but I could tell she puts out a lot. Is this what was making Suzy so down? Does she know them? Or is she just wanting a boyfriend? Nah it's probably something personal. I looked back to Suzy. Now she was crying...Even through all the crap she has given to me, I never fail to feel sorry for her. I don't know what it is but behind the whole self-centered facade, I have to remember she's just as vulnerable as everyone else...Sigh...I guess I have to be the one to comfort her once again. No matter how much she dislikes it. I know the cause of her sadness is those two so I have to get her out of here. Don't be mad, Suzy. I swear my hands are clean. Without hesitation, I grabbed Suzy's hand and pulled her out of her seat. She seemed so dead, following me without putting up a fight. With my other hand I held her coffee. There, we walked out of the food court. I'm stunned that Suzy didn't try fighting against me or yelling at me that I touched her. She must be really sad :( Her sadness totally made me forget how happy I was a few minutes ago...but that's okay she needs someone. We exited the mall and I led us to a bench outside. Here, I realeased her hand. I had to help her take a seat for she didn't move at all. She still wore that blank expression...I grew worried about her...One by one, tears flowed from her eyes. I couldn't stand to see it anymore. Slowly, with both of my hands, I gently caressed her cheeks, wiping away her tears. Her eyes widened as they moved to stare into mine. Trust me. This was no romantic korean drama scene, okay? At least that wasn't what I intended. I just don't like it when girls cry, you know? Once her tears were dried, she calmed down a bit. We sat there on the bench for at least 10 minutes before someone made a move.

"Komawo..." What....did I hear that right? Did this little brat actually say a thank you?

"Excuse me? I don't think I heard you correctly." Suzy lightly pushed me.

"Yah! I'm not going to say it again. So you lost your chance." I guess I was right.

"Pssshhh Araso. No problem. I'm just glad you're okay." Not only did Suzy apologize, but now she even smiled. What is going on??? Haha. Is this really her? I closely examined her, she truly is beautiful....*cough cough*....ehem....I mean aight. Nah who am I kidding? "You know you should do that more often. It makes you look less like a jerk..."

"What?" 

"Smile." Suzy looked away.

"Pffft I will if there's a reason to." That's a good point. "Sorry for that little dramatic scene I had, stuff like that usually wouldn't bother me..." 

"Stuff like what?" There was moment of silence before she explained.

"Well...You know who I was staring at right?" Taecyeon, right?

"Uhh I think so. Was it Taecyeon?" She nodded her head.

"Yup and he was with some girl." So she does know them. "Anyways...wait do you even want to hear this? I'm sure you probably don't care.." I wouldn't say I care for the situation but I wouldn't say that I don't want to help either so I was willing to listen.

"Ani, I want to help. I can listen. It's not like I have some party to go to to haha." I successfully got her to laugh too.

"Okay. So Taec and I have been great friends since we were kids becuase our parents were best friends. We always played together everyday. He treated me so kindly back then. As time passed and we got older, I started to grow feelings for him as well. At first, I believed that he did too because he wouldn't mind when our parents would tease by saying that we would one day get married. He even played along calling me his wife and all. But the thing is he was only 9. It was just a childish game. When we entered junior high, we became distant. I think it was because of puberty. He didn't come over as much anymore and he didn't talk to me everyday. Taec is such a smart guy. He has a lot going for him. I remember when we were younger and he told me about his dreams of being successful. From then, I promised to support him all the way. The problem was I wanted to be part of his successful future. So in the 8th grade I wrote Taec this love letter. It was all of my memories and deepest feelings onto paper. I gave it to him, hoping he would enjoy and respect it. Days passed and he hadn't even said a word about it yet. I knew he read it but he didn't even have the manners to come and talk to me about it. I was left angry and curious. I wasn't all sad though because at least he didn't say no. Years went by, I my feelings grew more and more day by day. Yesterday, I finally had the courage to confront him about it. 4 years later. Man was that a mistake ha. I guess I am too stupid for him. He basically said that I would be in the way of his success. But apparently, that stupid he was making out with won't!!!..." I found myself hating this guy.

"Wait...he called you stupid and said that was the reason?" Suzy nodded in agreement. Wow....Taec is a . Sorry for my language. "What a retard! I don't how great this Taec guy may be but he has no right to insult you." I felt rage. It's wrong to judge a person by their academics. I mean it's not like I like those people but I believe Suzy is actually a pretty bright girl. She just might need to work more hard than others but it's all the same in the end. I quickly stood up and headed towards the mall entrance...Taecyeon...you're about to get it.

Suddenly, I felt someone hold me back, "Odigayo?" Suzy held my arm with both hands. 

"I'm going to see this Taec guy." I tried shaking Suzy's hands off but she held a tight grip.

"Ani. Don't. Just leave it alone. Someone will just end up getting hurt." 

"Don't worry. I'll go easy on him..." Suzy looked with confusion then let out a tiny laugh.

"Ani. I'm afraid he's going to hurt you...He's a blackbelt." Wow...no faith I see. 

"Okay fine. I won't go to him." She released her grip. I walked back to sit down. "Can I ask you something though? Are you doing this whole tutoring thing for him?" It was a serious question. Suzy slowly nodded her head. "Well...then I don't want to be your tutor." I got up.

"Mwoh?!?!?" She too stood up and joined me.

"I don't want to tutor you if you are only doing this for him. It's not worth it. I'd rather you doing it for your own self and you personally wanting to succeed. So when you figure out why you really want tutoring, tell me and I will gladly accept or reject the offer." Then, I walked away to my car. Look, I am not trying to be the bad guy but I am trying to help her. I'm glad she wants to do better in school but I don't want her doing it for the wrong reasons. Do I make any sense? I hope she does truly want to do better though...I felt as if a strong bond could have formed. I personally want to help her out. It's not even about the Kingka thing anymore, though it is a bonus haha. That night I decided to hang out at the park for awhile before going home. I laid on the grass and looked at the stars. It was an amazing scenery. Man, why can't life be as peaceful as this? Without worries and stress? I didn't notice that an hour has already passed. I should get home before my parents begin to worry. 

I got home at around 9. Luckily, my parents had left so they don't even know I was gone. I rushed to the front door when I accidently kicked a box that was laying on the welcome mat. What is it? I bent doen to pick it up...Oh it's from Suzy. A letter was attached onto it.

Yah! How could you leave me alone at the mall you jerk?!?! Anyways, I thought about it and you are right. I should do this for myself and not waste my time trying to please someone else. I need to worry about my own success and not him. I appreciate your little speech, it made think a lot. But school isn't my thing. I would love to do great in my studies but I just don't think it's possible or neccessary. I think i'll just take over my parents' business There's no real motive anyways to continue this little deal we made. So I guess it's over. You don't have to put up with my annoyances any longer :)By the way, you are probably wondering what's in the box....It's just a little part of my side of the deal...enjoy 

Is this girl serious? I guess she doesn't want to improve. She just did it for him. At least she is honest. I still think she can do great though...This can't be the end of it.

I gently opened the box...aisshhh this girl is so dramatic. The box contained the clothes I tried on earlier. Specifically the ones I chose. I couldn't afford them so I didn't get them. I guess this girl does have a heart afterall....

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Finally!!! Done with this chapter haha. Sorry for such a late update you guys. I promise once all my finals in school are over and summer break starts updates will come faster...So how did you guys like it? Was it good/bad/aight? Please comment your thoughts. I highly appreciate them :D Well hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. Please stayed tuned for the next one. Have a Great Day! FIGHTING!!!