Okay Now it's a Deal

Let's Make a Deal

Myungsoo's POV

"Hi! You're home! So how was your first day? Here eat, I just cooked." When I first stepped into the house, Mom startled me. She was setting up the dining table and I went to help her.

As I was grabbing the dishes, I answered her question,  "Mmm it was...good," I got bullied, but I didn't tell her that, "...I signed up for the academic decathalon." Mom smiled at my comment.

"Waaaa that's great! Did you make any new friends?" Key automatically came to my mind. I nodded my head.

"Deh. His name is Ki-bum but they call him Key." She smiled again. Mom always likes it when I have friends because at my other school I was a complete loner.

"Nice! Soon you'll even have a girlfriend! Aha." Ugh I hate it when she teases me about that. The closest thing I had to a girlfriend was my imaginary celebrity daydreams. Something that will never in a life-time happen, but you imagine it anyways. I just recently broke up with Sistar's Bora. Yup we've been dating for about 2 months?...in my dreams that is. I am currently chasing after Girls Generation's Yoona. Actually you know what? I think I am going to date her...Now we are dating. Yes, I am one sad individual. But what can you do?

"Omma...I am fine without a girlfriend," because I already have an imaginary one, but no one got to know, "I am focusing on my studies right now." Mom patted my head and the table was set.

"Good boy, it's okay I was just teasing you. I am glad you are focusing on school." My dad came home from work and we all sat down and ate dinner together.

Suzy's POV

Yay!!! I have a tutor!! I am one step closer to being more smartest! That's the right grammar, right? Ah whatever, I got myself a tutor. As I was walking home, I saw a white Cadillac parked in the front of my house. Ooo!!! The Ok family's car! Taec must be here. I know I should be mad for the rude things he said earlier, but I didn't care. I'm willing to change for him. I ran to my door and pushed it open. "Taec!?!" I shouted for him, but was soon embarrassed when I realized he wasn't there.

My parents and Taec's parents were having a conversation in the living room and I noticed I rudely interrupted. Mom and Dad looked at me angrily. Eotteokhae? Luckily, Mr. Ok broke the awkwardness. "Ohh Suzy-ah. Taec is busy right now, miahne. I'll tell him you said hi though." Mr. Ok was a nice guy. He accepted how much I liked his son and he too liked the idea. I bowed as an apology and thanked him before going up to my room.

Now what do I do? I laid my binder on my desk and sat on my bed. I'm sad again...who knew six words, "Taec is busy right now, miahne.", could make someone so sad? Also, I am pretty sure he isn't busy. He probably just doesn't want to see me...I stared at my binder on the desk. It was filled with today's homework. I guess I'll start now. I walked over to my binder and opened it, something I haven't done in awhile. The first thing I saw was my Algebra 1 homework. Yes, I am a senior in Algebra, laugh all you want. Math isn't my strongest subject. And many other subjects too. That's just me. Today we learned about inequalities and stuff. Yeah I don't know what an inequality is. Hey, it's not my fault. I came at the last 10 minutes of class. What? There were these shoes that I had to have. The store wasn't that far from the school and I was pretty sly when I ditched class. Alright, focus Suzy. I have literally been staring at the same problem for an hour. Aishhh! What if I break it down to what I know? Okay so apparently an inequality is a sign? No, symbol? An alligator? Ughhhh!!! This isn't working. I slammed my face onto my desk and closed my eyes. I hate this. I really am stupid. When opened my eyes and the first thing I saw was a piece of paper with an address on it. It was Myungsoo's contact information. I started thinking, should I?  

Myungsoo's POV

Mmm dinner was good. I'm stuffed. I checked the clock, 5:50. Oo it's getting late! I should start doing homework. Yeah my bedtime is at 8. You need lots of sleep for the brain. Am I right? Good thing it's the first day because there's not much homework. After washing the dishes, I went to my bedrrom. What should I do first? Math? Engilsh? Korean? Science? Ughh so hard to choose...They are all so fun! :D Hmm let's see, i'll do my least favorite and work itself up. Science it is. Thirty minutes in and I finished my Chem work. Yay! Time for English! As I was having fun annotating Catcher in the Rye, I heard knocking on my door.

*Knock Knock*

It was my mom. Aww c'mon I was getting to a good part. I got up and opened the door. My mom was smiling super hard. She looked very happy and excited. What's her problem? "Yah yah yah, Myungsoo. There's someone waiting for you in the living room. She said she's a friend of yours. Is she your girlfriend?" What? Who would come to visit me? And a girl, how is that possible?

"Maa! I already said I don't have a girlfriend and I am not planning on having one yet. Plus, school just started. How is that even slighly possible?" I walked passed my mom and entered the living room. There she was. My "friend". Suzy. Let me make that clear. She isn't my friend. We're just two people who made a deal. That basically sums up our relationship. What the heck is she doing here? It's already late.

"Anneyeong." Suzy smiled and waved.

"Hi!" Suprisingly, that wasn't me who answered. it was my mom. God, she can be embarrassing. She stood right behind me. I knew what was running through her head. She so pretty! Good choice, Myungsoo. How did someone like you get her? You guys are so cute together! All I can say is, no no NO! Not a chance. "Are you really a friend of my son?" Mom was so excited and shocked. 

"Mmm deh, omma." Suzy was being polite. She even called my mom, omma. No one has ever done that. Then again, I don't necessarily have friends to do so. I guess Suzy isn't all that bad. Or is this just an act?

"Yah! Wae? I am capable of having friends ma." Mom playfully smacked my shoulder. I heard Suzy quietly laugh.

"You know that's not what I mean. It's just that she's so pretty and you don't ever bring friends over." Can she be anymore humiliating? 

"Hajima. Arasso I get it." I wanted her to stop talking.

"Good boy." She pinched my cheeks. No! Not in front of a guests! I struggled trying to pull her hands off my face.

"Ma, not in front of a girl." I whispered but I knew Suzy heard because I heard her laugh again.

"This kid. Arasso." She turned her eyes to Suzy who was still sitting on the couch. "I'll leave you guys to talk, do you guys want anything? Drinks? Snacks?" Thank god she's leaving.

Suzy looked at me for an answer, I just shrugged. "Gwaenchana, omma. I already ate at home. Kamsahamnida." She sure knows how to act around adults. It's hard to accept this well-mannered beast in front of me.

Mom smiled, I think she starting to like her. Please, don't. "Okay, well i'll be in my room. If you need anything, Myungsoo will take care of it." She walked away to her room. Yes, finally she's gone.

"Your mom is so nice. Why are you so embarrassed by her?" Could she tell? 

"Yah! What are you doing here?" I didn't bother with the small talk. I wanted to get straight to the point.

Suzy smiled but it wasn't the kind ones she gave while speaking with my mom earlier. This one was a devious smile. She opened the bag she had brought with her and took out a bunch of papers. Suzy rudely threw the papers down on my coffee table. "Teach me, tutor." I can't believe this girl. This is what she came for? Can't she wait another day? It's almost my bedtime and I am tired. I looked at her furiously but she didn't care. She continued to look at me as if she were superior. 

"Are you kidding me? How hard can your homework be? It's the firast day! And you don't even warn me that you're coming over. I still have to finish my homework too!" I was angry. I was nearly shouting.

"Yah! We made a deal!" She started to look worried. Ugh!!! What do I do? I didn't even want this in the first place. I am completely fine the way I am...right?

"Well deal's off! I can't handle rude students that don't respect me. So if you would please leave my house." I pointed my hand to the door. I was suprised she didn't fight back. Suzy collected her homework and shoved it into her bag.

"Fine. Deal's off. Continue to stay like that, nerd." She walked towards the door but stopped once she reached the knob. "By the way, Naeun likes guys like 2pm so don't get your hopes up." Then she was gone. 

Suzy's POV 

AHH! Stupid Myungsoo!!! We made a deal and he broke it! Now what do I do? This is so frustrating!!! After I was rudely kicked out of Myungsoo's house, I immediately went home and worked on my homework. Alright, let's try something else. How about Korean? I could do that, I think...no, I can't. 

Myungsoo's POV

Was that too harsh? I've never been so mean before. Stupid guilt. Maybe I should go after her and apologize. Wait. What if she doesn't feel sorry herself? I mean half of it is her fault too. She should have been nicer and not be such a jerk. I can't apologize first. I'll look weak. Ugh so complicated. I went back to my bedroom and laid down on my bed. When I turned my head to my bedside table, my clock read 7:30. Dang it! It's almost 8 and I haven't even finished half of my homework yet. This day just gets worse by the second...

I got up and sat at my desk. Alright, time for some Korean. Minutes passed by and I haven't even made a mark yet. I found myself being distracted. Distracted by something Suzy said...Naeun likes guys like 2pm so don't get your hopes up...Is she lying? Pshhh no. Naeun looks like a very nice and smart girl. She wouldn't waste her time on idiots. But what if she isn't lying? Wooyoung was Naeun's last boyfriend. So there's no doubt she wouldn't consider them. Ahhh! Stupid Myungsoo! So stupid! You had a chance to change but you let your pride take over. What pride do I even have to start with anyways?  I am an idiot.

Suzy's POV

I decided to take a little break. You know, to free my mind...I started watching Youtube videos. Oh my god! BTS's new music video came out!!! Haha. Waaaa so amazing! I guess I was sidetracked for awhile because the next thing I knew was that it was already 9. An hour passed and I thought it was only ten minutes. Luckily, the sound of my doorbell broke my Youtube distractions.

I ran downstairs. My parents and Taec's parents went out so I was home alone. You'd think I would be creeped out by this but nah horror movies are way overexaggerated. I looked through the peephole. It was too dark outside, I couldn't quite figure out who it was. I guess i'll just have to open it.

I opened the door, "Hey Suzy miahne about..." I closed the door. It was Myungsoo. Are you kidding me? He is the last person I want to see right now. He began knocking on the door again. Who exactly does he think he is?

"Suzy-ah open the door!" I could hear him shouting on the other side.

Because I am such a nice, caring person, I gave it a chance, "What?" I used a very irritated tone. 

"Look I am sorry for kicking you out. I was just a little frustrated that you don't show me respect. I'll be your tutor. It's completely fine. I just want you to be a bit nicer. You don't have to like me, I get it. But if you want this deal to work out, because I know I do, all I ask is for more respect." My irritation level started to drop slowly. I even felt sorry for the little nerd. I am quite difficult to work with being hard-headed and all. How hard can showing some respect be? I've got nothing to lose so hey, why not?

"You really want that Naeun chick huh?" That was my way of apologizing, believe it or not. See I don't like the whole "Miahne" stuff. It feels awkward when I say it. So I use small talk.

Myungsoo smiled, "...ha yeah."

"Arasso. Come in. My bedroom is upstairs. I kind of need help on my analysis thing." His smile faded and turned into a sorry face. 

"Ohh sorry Suzy but can we start tomorrow? I promise i'll help you then. It's just that I need to finish my own work and it's past my bedtime..." Past his bedtime? It's only 9. Whatever, I didn't question him. It's okay anyways. I wasn't feeling up to it. I just offered because that's why I thought he came over.

"Then why are you here?" I wasn't being rude, I was curious.

"To apologize." What? He walked all the way here to do that?

"You could have just messaged me, you know." He shrugged his shoulders. It had to be at least 40 something degrees outside. How can someone be so stupid to walk out at night in that weather?

"No. I have to tell you in person. I was being mean and not myself. I shouldn't have yelled at you." He began to frown and stared and the ground as if he were ashamed of himself. To be honest, I wasn't affected much by his actions earlier. I am used to being yelled at for my mistakes because of Taec. No one has ever apologized to me so sincerely before. It felt nice. 

"Yah! Gwaenchana I forgive you. Kamsahamnida for coming all the way here to apologize." I was found myself smiling. It was very brief though. But it was there.

"Ehem..." Myungsoo faked cleared his throat as if he tried to hint something.

"What?" 

"Are you joking?" He looked straight at me. I was confused.

"What? Is there something on my face." My hands quickly came up to face to cover anything I needed to.

"Ani! Aren't you going to apologize?" He looked mad that I didn't know.

"For what?" Okay, I know I should but I am not going to.

"Forget it. I'll see you tomorrow." Myungsoo turned around and walked down my front steps. I laughed inside. Maybe one day I will actually say sorry. But for now, this is me.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hey :) I know I am like super late on this update. Please forgive me you guys :( Anyways here is the next chapter! Did you guys like it? I hope you guys enjoyed it. Who is ready for Day 1 of the deal? Look out for the next chapter, Day 1, i'm currently working on it. Finally, the change process begins! What will it be like for the two? Stay tuned and have a good day! :D