Day 2 (Secrets)

Let's Make a Deal

Taecyeon's POV

Sigh...I seriously don't know what to do anymore...Why does life got to be so stressful? People are literally killing themselves, trying to get into top notch schools. I mean don't us kids get enough pressure just going through high school itself? We don't need more stress from our own parents forcing us to do give up our lives trying to live their ideal of perfect grades. It's my ing life not yours! God, why can't they just leave me alone?!?! I can handle myself, you know? They screwed up their lives already, it's too late. I aint giving up mine to fix their mistakes. Ughh. I need a distraction. Lately, that's all I have been doing. Trust me, I am not proud but recently I have been feeling a bit rebellious. Girls. Yes. That is the answer. You find a girl. Take her out. Use her for your own desires. Then dump her by the end of the day. Yup, I am not proud but what can you do? I don't even know what to do. I'm not into anything serious right now. I just need a little excitement to help this school year not . If I do get into something serious, I fear it'll up all I have worked up to. So if being a jerk is what it takes then being a jerk is what it is...The want for success...it truly does screw up a person. The question is though, do I want the success or did my parents brainwash me to thinking I do? By the way, I HATE my parents...for reasons I will soon explain later, or soon...

I was walking to my 1st period when someone shoved me against the wall,...hold up let me rephrase that...when someone TRIED to shove me...they were too weak to even move me an inch, "YAH!" The guy yelled at me. Who the is this? I turned around and noticed it was scrawny looking dork who by the way was much shorter than me...ha, looks like he messed with the wrong guy.

I so wanted to beat his but that wouldn't look to good on my part, "Yah! Why did you do that?" The guy looked furious. What did I do? Hmmm why does he look familiar?

"You have no right to treat Suzy that way! Don't you have the decency to kindly reject her? Not smash her heart into a million pieces! On top of that, have a good reason too! Don't be a fake retard who says things that aren't true! I saw you yesterday with that dumb chick. What makes her any different?!?!" Alright, that's it...

As he contiued his little speech, I swiftly moved, pinning him up agaisnt the wall. Everyone in the hallways was staring, but I didn't care, "THAT'S ENOUGH!!!" I couldn't control my anger. It took over my body. "Who are you anyways?!?! Huh?? Some stalking loser? Some weird, lonely nerd? What do you know about anything?"

The kid struggled to speak because of the tight grip I held on his collar, "I-I Know everything. You're nothing but a lying jerk!" Then I did something that wasn't me. I punched him in the face with all my might. With all my anger. Something about his words triggered my feelings.

"SHUT UP! You don't know everything! You don't know ME!!!" Just as I was about to land another throw, I heard shouting.

"TAEC!" A cadence of footsteps grew louder. She stood right behind me, grabbing my shoulder. Her voice calmed down before speaking again. It was Suzy, "Hajima...Don't cause anymore trouble. It'll look bad on your record. Just let it go." She spoke with a soft tone. It calmed me realizing that she warned me for my own good...I hate how she still cares about me. Without showing any emotion, I roughly released the little turd and walked away...

Damn it! Why?!?! Why am I always the bad guy? And why is it that she can never see me as the bad guy? Life would be so much easier that way. Alright, honestly, there are reasons why I do what I do, Okay?

Flashback...

I was in my bedroom doing some last minute summer work. Yeah, that's right. I'm trying to get ahead this year. It was late at night and I wanted to go grab a snack in the kitchen. When I reached the kitchen door I overheard my father shouting in the phone on the other side. I pushed my ear against the door trying to hear their conversation.

"This is not good! What do you mean Park Co. does not want to sign with us? Didn't they already agree? What! Don't trust us? What happened a few years ago was just a little slip up, it won't happen again. NO! You don't understand. We NEED this contract. Without it, Ok Org. will go down the ING TOILET! We'll go bankrupt! There are not other candidates to partner up with. This is are only hope, unless..."

"Appa! Gwaenchana?"  I walked into the kitchen acting as if I didn't here the conversation. Are we really going bankrupt?

"Ooo Taec..." My dad wore a sad face. I walked to the fridge to grab a drink. "Son. I need to ask you for a favor." I froze at the refridgerator. I have never heard my father so serious. I didn't like where this was going.

"What."

"What do you think about Bae Suzy? You guys are good friends right?" Suzy? Well of course we're good friends. We have been since we were kids.

"Yeah. What about her?" At this time I was just in middle school. 8th grade to be specific. 

"Do you like her?" Why is he asking me these questions? Honestly, I have never thought about it. Suzy was my best friend. We were stuck together like glue. We went everywhere together. Spent long hours messaging each other. Pulled all nighters for days in a row. I never thought if I ever had feelings for her in that way.

"Molla. Wae?" This time my dad gestured me to join him at the table. As I sat down, my dad explained, "Son, you understand that our business is not doing so great nowadays right?" I nodded my head. Lately, we've been losing money trying to save some business that isn't going anywhere. If it were me, I just shut it down. But to my father, it wasn't just a business. It was his long life dream. I mean it wasn't that bad. We were actually pretty affluent from the whole thing. It's just that ever since a huge scandal that occured a few years ago, we've been losing customers. "Well, something happened where another business bailed on us and because of that, there is a great chance we will be losing everything." He was so dramatic with it. We wouldn't be losing "everything". There's still the family, right?

"So what does that have to do with Suzy?" I still didn't get over the fact he mentioned her earlier. What did she have to do with this.

"Bae Multinational Foundation are at the peak right now. They have been at the top for years straight. And do you know who the heir to that company is? Your friend Suzy." I still don't get it? What does that have to do with me?

"Okay...."

"Do you not understand? She seems like a nice girl. And you guys are close friends. One day, I am sure you will end up together...then you can take over BMF. We'll be rich!!! I-I-I mean you...That's why I need you to like her. Marry her in the future. Live a happy, wealthy life! Maybe perhaps you can give your good old father some of your earnings. Then Ok Org. will rise from there." WHAT! SHIRRO! He wants me to be with Suzy just so I can steal her family's company. Is he CRAZY?!?!

"YAH! APPA!" His eyes widened by my screams. "The Bae's are your bestfriends! Why do you want to steal from them?"

"It's not stealing! If you married her, it would be your money too! And yes they are my best friends. Her father and I have been since elementary school. That's why it's okay! He agrees to your guys' marriage as well." He shouted back. I wasn't afraid. I was aggrivated.

"Andwae! Mr. Bae is a nice man, who genuinely cares about us. Remember when he took us in before Ok Org. was founded? We were poor and homeless but he was a kind-hearted man who treated us as family. He was a great father who trusted me with his only daughter. Whereas you only wish to use her. Use her for the money! I am not going to let you anywhere near her. Don't you dare touch her nor ever think about this again!" My father's face became dark but I didn't regret any word I said.

"YES! You are right! Mr. Bae is perfect isn't he? The best of the best. The definition of success. When he took us in, that was no sign of generousity. It was all SUPERIORITY! Who is he to pity us? Spend money on us? Make us feel inferior? He may be my best friend but I am not afraid to use him for my own desires. This isn't just for me Taec. It's for our family. You remember how hard life was back then. How we struggled to find jobs and feed our stomachs. It's a place where I wish to never return. And I am sure you don't either. So if using that little spoiled brat saves our family, are you not going to do it?" This is insane..

"How many times do I have to say it! NO! Suzy is special to me. I wouldn't dare to hurt her. By the way, she is not a spoiled brat! She is one of the most caring, sweetest people I have ever met! Miahne appa but I can't do this. Can't you just hold on til I graduate and become a doctor? I can help our family out. We don't have to be so rich. Just enough to be happy." I tried to see my father's reaction. I was pissed when he scoffed.

"Ha! You really think you can be a doctor? I didn't raise a genius. You have no future. Your only future was this business which is now at its endpoint. Sorry, but I am being honest. Happiness? You want happiness? You won't feel true happiness until you find success." After that, my father stood up from his seat and began walking to the living room. "You you really want to make me proud. Show me you will do anything it takes to win...other than that, I am no father of someone who chooses his friend over his own family." Once he left, I silently cried in my chair. I was disowned. Not physically but mentally. No longer did my father see in any hope in me. I was a failed creation. How can he say that I had no chance? Was he just angry at my decision? Or does he really believe that I can't do it? Whatever it is, I still don't regret my decision. Never will I allow him to get his hands on Suzy's family's wealth. Even if it means I can't have a future with her...Something that has crossed my mind a few times. Andwae Taec!!! Don't think these things anymore! I can't like her! I can't be with her! I need to protect her no matter what.

End of Flashback...

From then my life has changed. Everytime I see her, I can never forget my monster of a father who awaits to get his hands on the company. Never will I let that happen. I don't know if you know already but in that same year, Suzy wrote me a love letter...God, how I regret my decision. Let me tell you, it was the most beautiful thing I have ever read. She explained how her feelings grew as our friendship did too. How she missed the times we hung out 24/7. By then, I was distant because of my father. I knew back then that I too returned the same feelings but I wanted to throw them away. I wanted to forget them. Forget her. I cared too much about her to hurt her but in the end I hurt her anyways. I never had the courage to confront her about the letter. It pained me too much that I would have broke down in the process of rejecting her. So instead, I just ignored it. It drove her crazy I know, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. I couldn't reject her, knowing that I gave her permission to move on. I wanted her to still like me. Because I still like her...! Ughhhh. Damn feelings...When I yelled at her on the first day of school. I didn't mean that. It was just stress and anger that I have surpressed for a very long time which I released onto her. However, I admit that she needs to try harder in school and that she may be self-centered but she still didn't deserve that. She deserved the truth. The truth is, I have never lost those feelings for her which is why I can't be with her. I want to protect her. That is why I need to get rid of her. She has become a burdensome to me. A regret. So technically I didn't lie. Suzy is in my way if I keep worrying about her. I need to stop...

Suzy's POV

"Yah! Are you crazy!" I was in the locker rooms wiping Myungsoo's bloody face. I can't believe he tried fighting Taec...Is he stupid!...However, it was a sweet thing to do. Still, I don't want him getting hurt because of me. 

"Woooooow no thank you?" He was irritated by my yelling. 

"Who do you think I am?" Myungsoo moved my hand from his face to stare straight into my eyes. His face wasn't that beat up but it had a giant gash under his eye. It made it hard for him to open his eye and it looked like it was starting to form a bump. Aisshh..."Arasso!!!...Komawo..." I whispered it but he heard me.

With a gigantic smile on his he raised his right arm and hooked it over my neck bringing my head down to his chest while his other arm nudge my head, "Haha No problem little brat!" Although I appreciated the cute action, he was ruining my hair.

"OKAY!!!! Stop! You are messing up my hair!" He quickly let go and I started combing my hair with my fingers. I knew Myungsoo was laughing at me but my hair is precious to me. I need to fix it. "Anyways, why did you have to do that? I told you not to mess with him." Myungsoo reached across me to reach the wash cloth to wipe his face.

Myungsoo's POV

"Just because you tell me to do something doesn't mean I will always follow. I can stand up for myself too. Let alone someone else." Suzy sighed and took the cloth from my hands, continuing to clean my blood.

"I know you can and I am proud of you because of that but I don't want you getting hurt because of me." Her words were kind and caring. I couldn't believe this was her.

"I know but this isn't just for you. It's for all the Kingkas and Queenkas who think they are actual Kings and Queens. They only think about themselves and don't care about others. They live highschool through popularity but once that's over, what are they now? Nothing but wannabes." She then stopped wiping my face for a second. Was it something I said? Oh yeah! I forgot those were Suzy and her friends. Silently, Suzy lowered her hand from my face but before it was completely down, I managed to reach it and pull it back up. This action startled her. I could tell by her shocked expression. There, I decided to elaborate more, "But not you, Suzy. You're different. You have a heart. Even if it is hidden deep down. I know it's there. Anyone else would have been caught dead being seen with someone like me. At first, I thought you were embarrased about hanging out with me but after today when you stood up for me, I knew you weren't like the others." I looked at Suzy, hoping she would reply and break the silence. I was relieved when I saw a smile on her face.

"Thanks." 

"No problem." Suzy went back to tending my wound.

There was still that question that lingered my mind, "Do you still like him?" 

"What is this? Interrogate Suzy day?" I felt bad. I think she was feeling uncomfortable. However, she answered anyways, "Well...molla, you know? I mean it's still there but...I don't know."

"Ha, okay...Yeah I understand. Feelings are difficult. That's the way it is. Look, the only reason why I asked is that I honestly think you should continue with the tutoring. You have potential to be a bright girl and I want to help you. I know I said that I wouldn't help you if you were only doing for him but as I think about it, it's okay. Use it as a motivation to be better! Show him what he's missing! Understand? Soon he'll realize what he lost and will regret everyday of life." Suzy began laughing and I joined her. It's true. Remember guys, if anyone rejects you, make them regret. 

"I love the idea but c'mon. It's the last year of school. What difference will it make? I can just take over my family's company."

"It'll make you into an independent woman. Think about it. You'll learn how to do things by yourself without having to depend on anything." She thought hard about it. Her thinking face was rather cute.

"That does sound nice...but...."

"No! No buts! It's yes or no." I just wanted to hurry up and end this topic.

"I'll think about it okay?"

"Yah! How could you be so selfish? What about me? You promised me something too!" I used her part of the deal as an excuse to make her feel guilty. Luckily, it worked.

"Okay fine, you know what? I'll give it this first month. By the way, Day 1 started yesterday. If it doesn't work out and I don't wish to continue promise me that you won't bother me about it again, arasso?" A week? Only? I nodded my head. It was better than nothing.

"Fine but promise me that during that time span you won't try backing out of it AGAIN!" Suzy held out her pinky to me.

"Promise."

I stuck out mine and we interlocked pinkies, "Promise." With that, our conversation ended and we retrieved our bags. "So i'll see you tonight?"

"What why?" I pulled out this sheet of paper from my backpack.

"Well from this little handy-dandy calender someone made, it shows that tonight is your night. I'll be around by 7. See you later." She smiled at the paper I was holding. Suzy made them to record what days were whose. I wonder if she still has hers. 

"Ughh okay. Bye." From there we separated and didn't see each other again til 7.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

What up? Chapter 6 is up :) Hope you guy like it. How was it? So far, Taec has some secrets and the deal between Myungsoo and Suzy is still alive. Please comment your thoughts and tell me how the story seems so far. I would highly appreciate it. Thanks to those who do they sure do make my day and push me to write :D Anyways, stay tuned for the next chapter! I'll try to get it in soon. Subscribe/Comment/Upvote (It's all Gooooood lol) Have a great day!

By the way look at this cute pic of Taec lol :)))

taecyeon.png

Enjoy Taec fans haha...