Day 3 (I'm Sorry)

Let's Make a Deal

Suzy's POV

Alright so I guess tutoring wasn't all that bad. Last night Myungsoo came over and tried helping me with my Algebra 1 homework. At first, I could tell he was getting frustrated because it was hard for me to understand. Math isn't my best subject, okay!...That and probably all the rest of my subjects. Although, after many hours of screaming and hair-pulling struggles, Myungsoo learned to be patient. I really like that about him. He isn't the one to judge you but instead he helps. Our study session lasted until midnight. At that point, the impatient Myungsoo got a bit irritated because it was way passed his bedtime haha. He's super sweet though because when I told him he could leave he wanted to make sure I understood my homework first. Trust me, it took me a very long time...I felt bad. 

*Ringggg*

Oh someone's calling me! It's probably Myungsoo reminding me that we are going to hang out today. It's his day and we are going to try a find some new hairstyles. He also said that there was this one restaurant he is dying to go to. I can't wait! Don't take this the wrong way, but I enjoy spending time with him. He isn't awkward and is just overall a nice guy...I scrambled through my bag for my phone as I was laying on my bed. When I found it and checked the caller I.D., I was mistakenly wrong.

"Yoboseyo?" My voice was shaking a bit from nervousness. Damn it, why does he still have that affect on me?

"...Suzy-ah..." The sound of his voice made me shudder, it was so deep and smooth. How I miss the days we would talk day and night, keeping each other company because we didn't need anyone else. Does he still remember?

"Ooo...Taec why did you call?" I no longer call him oppa. I bet he didn't even like it anyways and found it annoying...

"You busy today? Let's hang out. I need to talk to you..." What is this? Am I dreaming? Since when did Taec ever want to hang out? What does he want to talk about?

"Wae? What do you want to talk about?" He didn't answer right away and exhaled deeply in the phone.

"I'm coming over right now. Get ready, i'll be there in 10 minutes." After that, he hung up. Wow! Way to totally ignore my question. I almost didn't want to go just because of how rude he was. For some reason though, my body subconsciously got up from my bed and got ready. I hate myself. Ughhh I know I should be moving on, but is it bad to still feel no different? Is it wrong to say I don't want to move on? As I was thinking to myself, I was in the bathroom fixing up until I heard the doorbell ring. Crap, I am not done. Then Taec began knocking. OH MY GOD! Just waaaaaiiit....Unfortunately, he wouldn't quit ringing and knocking so I had to make do with what I look like. I rushed downstairs to open the door. 

"YAH!" Taec stood on the other side startled by my sudden outburst. "Could you stop knocking! I heard you the first time!"

"Well maybe if you weren't so slow..." Taec looked at me with an obnoxious face. This is going to be a long day...

"Whatever...So where are we going?" I walked outside and locked the door. Taec and I then both walked to his car.

"You hungry? We could go eat somewhere. Actually, I think I know a place." We were inside his car as he started the engine. Who is this guy? I don't remember Taec being this nice ever since middle school. This can't be him...

"Yah, who are you? Where's Taec? The real Taec is never this nice to me. He only shouts at all my mistkes and ignores me everytime I want to greet him. Aren't I too dumb to even be this near you?" All my anger started pouring out. I didn't think twice before I said anything. Whatever thought that came to mind first, immediately was said. I went to see Taec's reaction. I was shocked to see that he was rather upset. Did I say something that mean to actually break the no emotion Taec? I'm pretty sure what I said wasn't that bad.

Taecyeon's POV

After what happened yesterday, it made me think. It's time I need to explain to Suzy. She doesn't deserve the way I treat her. I need her to know my reasons. I need her to forgive me. I need her. Especially with all the stress right now, I don't need another regret to add on to the pile. However, I am not sure if it's such a great idea to tell her how I truly feel. Trust me, I do like her but I wasn't lying when I said she'd only be in my way. Then again, if I tell her my reasons, wouldn't that give her a motive to pursue her feelings for me, knowing that I didn't reject her because I didn't return the same feelings? That is exactly what I want to stray away from. It's not that I don't want her to keep liking me but I can't. What do I do?

I was driving back from the school to drop of a few things for the Welcome Back Dance. I was supposed to stay and help out but I didn't feel like spending my saturday decorating the gym....I have an idea...As I was driving, I reached for my phone and dialed Suzy's number. It's been a awhile since us two have ever hung out together. Mainly because I am the one that ignores her. I put the phone on speaker and waited for an answer. You think she's mad? I haven't really spoken to her ever since a few days ago. Finally, she answered! Her voice was the same, so soft and sweet...It reminded me of the nights we would call each other just for the hell of it and not hang up til the next day. I told her that I would be coming over soon and she should get ready. She tried asking me questions but I didn't answer and hung up after I told her to get ready. Did that seem too rude? Ughhhh. I arrived at her house and parked in the front. When I got to the door I continuously rang and knocked the doorbell. I know Suzy, she takes a VERY long time to get ready. Ain't nobody got time for that. 5 minutes passed and I am still outside waiting. What the heck? Open the door! A few minutes later she finally opened the door...wow...all natural Suzy looks beautiful. I don't know how long I was staring but I knew I couldn't take my eyes off. She even complained that I didn't give her enough time to get ready but I am glad I didn't. Once I snapped out of it, we walked to my car.

"So where are we going?" Hmm where are we going? I didn't even plan anything. I just wanted to spend some time. I looked at the clock and it read 11:43. Lunch time. We should go out and eat. I heard there was this new restaurant that just opened. 

"You hungry? We could eat somewhere. Actually I think I know a place." As I waited, I was shocked by her next reply.

"Yah, who are you? Where's Taec? The real Taec is never this nice to me. He only shouts at all my mistakes and ignores me everytime I want to greet him. Aren't I too dumb to even be this near you?" Her words broke my heart. So that's how she feels. I'm so sorry Suzy. Please forgive me. I'll explain everything to you if you wait. I didn't know what to say back so the whole car ride was silent. 

Myungsoo's POV

Yeahhhhh!!! Today Suzy and I are to go shopping again. This time I have money though so Suzy doesn't have to spend some on me again. She's going to try and pick out a new hairstyle for me too. I mean I kind of like my hair right now but I agree it could use some fixing. Since it's saturday, I decided we don't have to spend the whole day shopping and we could just hang out...You know...as friends...I told her about this new restaurant that just opened a few days ago. My uncle is actually the owner of it. It is a pretty sophisticated place that I can never afford but with a lot of begging to my uncle I was able to get two reservations today as long as I become a dishwasher for a month. So excited! We're supposed to meet up at the restaurant at 1. Right now it's almost 12. I tried calling her earlier but her phone was busy. She didn't forget did she? Nahh she would never. I'll just text her the address. Crap! What do I wear??? Oh pssshhh why am I worrying? I know what to wear. I went into the closet and pulled out a small box. The box Suzy gave me. I'm going to have to wear these sometime. Why not a special day like today?

12:15

Still no answer from Suzy. Did she fall asleep? I mean we we're up all last night. I tried calling again...no answer...Maybe she'll just meet me there. I left the house and headed towards the restaurant.

Suzy's POV

Damn it. I forgot my phone at home. What do I do now? I can't play my freaking Candy Crush. Level 260...just sayin. I'm so....Boredddd! Where is Taec taking me? We've been driving for 30 minutes already and I can't stand the silence. He didn't even turn on the radio and I am too shy to try. 

"Relax...We're almost there." I think Taec could tell I was becoming irritated. A few minutes later Taec parked the car, "We're here." I looked around and saw this beautiful looking building. It looked brand new. "Kaja."

When we entered the restaurant, I was stunned by the decorations. It looked wonderful. Wahhh! I wish someone would take me here. It's so romantic. Taec doesn't count because I know he didn't bring me here on a date. Sigh. This place looks like you had to make reservations but because of money Taec was able to get us in right away. The waiter showed us to our seats and left as we sat down.

"What are you hungry for?" Taec grabbed a menu and began examining its contents. Okay, that's enough.

"Yah! Why did you take me here? What did you want to talk about?" Taec tensed up behind the menu but said nothing. "Don't ignore me."

"Look, there's no reason, okay? I just wanted to apologize." He was lying. I always knew when he was since we were kids.

"Apologize for what?" When he was about to respond, the waiter came back with our drinks. After she took our order and left again, I was determined to get something out of Taec. "Speak now."

"You are taking tutoring, right?" I swear to God, he is starting to piss me off.

"What about it?" 

"With that Myungsoo guy right?" 

"Where are you going with this?"

"Is it helping you? Like you actually want to do better?" I thought about it and remembered about how at first I did it so Taec can like me but now I am doing it so Taec can regret. Yet, a part of me also wants to do it for myself. For independence.

"I guess. I mean it makes me realize that I can do stuff on my own. That I don't have to rely on anyone anymore. That maybe there is something more than just taking over my parents' company." With that, Taec's face expression changed. It changed back to the jerk.

"Ha, please. You think you can actually do it? Don't get me wrong Suzy, but it's going to be hard succeeding considering all the the years you had already screwed up. If I were you, I just give up and take over the company. Don't try and reach for something that you can't." What is going on? I started feeling tears rolling down. Then I heard Taec stand up, "I guess that concludes all I wanted to say." He left me at the table and exited the restaurant. I hate him so much. He's wrong! I can do it! I'll show him that I am not some idiot girl!

Taecyeon's POV

! I rushed outside the restaurant and ran to the side of the building. I pushed my back against the wall and slowly slid to the ground. What am I doing?!?! I began crying knowing that I had once again hurt Suzy. . This was not what I planned for today. I wanted today to be fun and happy. I wanted to explain everything to Suzy. To apologize and tell her how I feel. But how can I? She told me how she was starting to become more independent. She even cleary stated that she doesn't want to take over the company. Isn't that the main goal? I don't want her take over so I won't have to worry about it. So I can finally be with her. But I know Suzy. If I tell her now how I truly feel, she'll give up everything. Especially the desire to be better. I can't let that happen. Partly because I don't want her taking over the company, the other part because I want to see her succeed. I want her to be happy. If there's anything else I know about Suzy, it is that she's stubborn. She uses negativity as a motive. The only reason I became rude again is because I know now she'll work even harder just to prove me wrong. It's one of better flaws. I just hope that there is going to be that one day where I don't have to lie anymore. A day I can call her mine.

*Ringgggg*

I grabbed my phone from my pocket. It was my father. Damn it, I don't want to talk to him right now. Once it stopped ringing, he called again. Might as well answer it, "What?" I was annoyed.

"Son. Can you come over to the office? I need to tell you something." He sounded urgent. Even though, I still didn't want to. Being an obedient son, I walked over to my car and drove to Ok Org. leaving Suzy at the restaurant.

Myungsoo's POV

Alright, made it to the restaurant. I started to lose hope that Suzy was here but I was surprised when I saw her sitting at a table alone. Yay! She did remember! Maybe she just didn't feel like texting me back because she's lazy. When the waiter led me to my table, I realized Suzy must have been here with someone else. That's okay though. At least she's here with me now. I went over to approach her table after ordering my drink. 

"Suzy-ah." She didn't look up. Her eyes were puffy as if she was just done crying. What happened? I was worried again but I didn't want to make things worse by asking. "Yah Kaja." I held out my hand. Suzy turned her head and looked up at me. "I swear my hands are clean." She laughed and accepted the offer. I pulled her up from her seat and led her to my table. "Are you hungry? Or did you eat already?" She shook her head.

"But I am not that hungry for this right now, miahne." Her voice was very meak. Of course if she didn't want to eat here I wouldn't make her. I didn't necessarily pay for it. I just have to wash dishes for a month. That's totally fine though. I wanted to cheer her up. 

"Okay, then where do you want to go? We'll go anywhere you want." Suzy face lit up. 

"Anywhere?" She acted like a little child, it made me smile.

"Yes, anywhere. Just name it." She thought long about it until she finally figured it out.

"The zoo!" The zoo? When she said that I laughed. I haven't been to the zoo since I was a child. I found it cute. "Wae? You don't want to go?" She frowned.

"Ani, it's just that I didn't expect it." I got up from my chair, "C'mon. TO THE ZOO!" Suzy wore a fat smile and joined me to the car.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A bit of a short update :/ It's a two part chapter though so please stay tuned for the next one! I hope you guys liked it. I'll try and make the next one better. Please comment your thoughts and how you felt.  Thank you guys for reading, til next time!! :D FIGHTING!!!