First Day

Let's Make a Deal

Myungsoo's POV

Hi! I'm Kim Myungsoo, pleasure to meet you. Let me tell you more about myself. I just moved recently to a new school for my mother's job. So basically I have to finish my last year of high school in a completely different school after attending my whole life at my former school. It's okay though, I didn't have much friends over there to miss anyways. I'm just sad that the whole moving schools would affect my education. That's right, you are speaking to Mr. Number One of the school. My old school that is. Hopefully, I can keep my title at this new one. Also, I was team captain of the chess club. It's pretty legit, I even have a varsity leather with pawns stitched on it. Don't even get me started on the academic decathalon. Last year, I totally led my team to victory using my amazing calculus skills. Ooo I hope this new school has a great performing arts department. For two years straight, I was section leader of the trumpets. First chair baby! Ahh so excited for today!!! It's the first day of school! Oh and before I forget...I never had a girlfriend before...but aye school is way much better.

"Omma! I'm going to head out now! I'll see you after school." I headed towards the front door, gripping my bag.

"Arasso! Have a good day!" I was already halfway to the bus stop. 

The bus came about 5 minutes later. Oooo so ready for today! I rushed up the bus stairs. "Whoooaa there slow down haha. Excited for the first day, aren't you?" The bus driver joked around with me. I was rather eager to get to school but it was quite embarassing for another person to point it out.

"...oohh mianhe.." I silently walked down the aisle to search for a seat. Dang it, since I was the last stop, most of the seats were filled. I kept walking almost towards the end. Still, no seats were available. Even if there were, no one showed signs that they didn't mind me sitting with them. 

"Yah! Loser!" As I was walking some jerk stuck his foot out causing me to trip and land face planted on the floor.

"HAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHA!!!" Everyone in the bus began laughing. I would feel hurt by this but it has happened so much in the past, I have become used to it. 

"Get up geek!" The same jerk grabbed me from my collar and lifted my head.

"Hajima!" Someone interrupted the bullying. Thank God. "Yah stop it, Wooyoung!" I turned to see who seemed to be my saviour, he too was a bit on the nerdy side but he sure did have confidence. "Just because you are in some cool gang, 2pm, doesn't mean you can do whatever you wish. You are just a bunch of jerks who fail every semester..." That was the last sentence I remembered. The next thing I knew was my saviour and I were tied to the school's flagpole, stripped except for our underwear.

"By the way, the name's Ki-Bum but you can call me Key." My saviour decided to have small talk to distract us from this embarassment.

"Oh komawo for earlier. I'm Kim Myungsoo." I didn't have much to say. All I wanted was to get off this flagpole and find some clothes.

"No problem. 2pm can be extreme jerks. This isn't exactly the first time being harassed by them." Key seemed like an okay guy.

"Jinja? Well you have some balls standing up to them. Will I see them a lot at school?" I really wish I don't. It's a new school, I don't want too much trouble.

"Yeah Thanks. And unfortunately, yes. They are the kingkas of this school. However, their leader, Ok Taecyeon, is rather different. He is a lot nicer and is president."

"Ahh arasso...So how do we get down?"  Because it was still too early, not many students have arrived yet. Although, time is running out and I fear students would witness and I would be known as the kid who got pranked the first day of school.

"That, I do not know...." AHHHHHH!!!

Meanwhile...

Suzy's POV

Ugh school starts today. Hmm I don't even understand why we need it, you know? Or at least why we spend so much time of our day for it. All we do is work day and night hoping to pass so we can do it again the following year at an even harder level. Which then we apparently use all the skills we learned so we can find a job to work even more for the rest of our lives. It's meaningless. I want to punch whoever created the system. What does it matter anyways? It's not like I even bother trying at school. The only reason why I still show up is because I am the Queenka, that's right. Everybody loves me. Also I show up for the only person that matters...Ok Taecyeon, ahhhh such a perfection!!! I have been in love with him ever since the 1st grade. Our families are pretty close so we bascially grew up with each other. Although he is one grade above me, he is one of the greatest, smartest, nicest, and cutest people I have ever met. First off, he is the class president. Second, he plays almost every sport. Third, he got accepted to many top universities. Isn't he just amazing? The thing is, Taec already knows about my feelings for him but he never gave me a clear answer and it bothers me ever since I told him in middle school...but I plan to change that this year. I am going to make sure I get a clear answer and it is going to be a yes! 

I was on my way to Taec's house. Before you start thinking I am a creep who just stalks up on his house and all, let me explain. Luckily, our parents ship us a lot. They even started planning out our marriage and stuff. Therefore, they make us spend time with each other every chance we get. Thus, Taec has to give me rides to school in the mornings. So don't think I am obssessed...though I might be.

*Knock Knock*

I checked my watch as I stood in front of Taec's house. There's 20 minutes before school starts. Oh wait, I forgot! I don't care...

"Anneyeong." Taec opened the door and stepped out, turning back around to lock it.

"Anneyeong Taec-shi!!!!! Oppa! Have you had breakfast yet?" When he was done and turned around, I held out a cute Rilakkuma shaped container that held the breakfast I made this morning. Shhhh don't tell him, but I woke up at 4 just to prepare it. I'm not that great of a chef.

"Oo gwaenchana, I'll eat something at school..." He walked passed me and headed towards his car. What? Eat something at school? That's your excuse?! You could have at least said 'Oh I am not that hungry.' or lie and say 'I already ate.' Ughhhh bad way to start my day. I wasn't going to let it go though. I jogged up to him and reached him before he opened his car door. 

"OPPAAAA!!!" I used aeygo. "Pleaaaseeee. I worked hard making this for you." I showed my puppy dog face. Taec just looked at me for awhile and sighed.

"Arasso...here give it to me." I handed him the container and watched as he opened it. He held the little fork I provided and took a mouthful...I waited for his reaction...He stopped chewing...Looked straight at me...and..."(Spits out the food.) Suzy-ah!!!"

"What? Is it bad?" He handed the food back to me.

"I forgot you didn't know how to cook." He continued trying to get the taste out of his mouth. Taec patted my head, "C'mon, just get in the car."

"Mianhe, oppa." Ashamed, I just listened and bowed my head the whole ride to school.

The car ride was pretty awkward. None of us spoke to each other and Taec didn't play any music. It was silent...Alright Suzy, it's now or never...We were almost at the school.

"Oppa?" With my head still bowed down, I spoke very softly.

"Mmm?" Apparently, he heard. Aww man...The car suddenly stopped. I just noticed we reached the school.

Okay I have to end this, "Saranghaeyo...oppa." I was speaking even quiter.

"HAHAHAAHAHA!!!!!" Hearing him laugh my heart broke a little. I didn't know he could have heard me. This angered me, I turned me head 90 degrees and was about to yell.

"Yah! How can you la...." I stopped. Taec seemed to be staring at something in front of him. Then I noticed he wasn't laughing at me, but he was laughing at something else. I moved to see what he was pointing at....Oh my god...Haha Some losers got the short end and got pranked on the first day. Wow and they were even stripped down to their underwears. Poor kids but funny joke. I looked closer to see who they were...oh it's just Key, of course he would get pranked. I tried figuring the other one out but he didn't look familiar. Must be a new student.

"Oh Suzy, what were you saying." After calming himself down, Taec looked at me. His stare left me speechless. 

"Ummm, ani. Have a good day oppa!" I immediately open the car door and ran out. As he drove away to park, I waved him a goodbye. Dang, I am such a coward... 

Principal's Office...

Taecyoen's POV

Damn kids. Of course 2pm would get in trouble on the first freaking day of school. After reading a text message from Wooyoung to help him get out of the principal's office, I rushed down the hallways. God, what did they do this time?

I pushed the door open, "Taec!!!" The other guys were excited to see me come to their rescue. The room was silent and I felt awkward being there. I looked around and I saw Wooyoung, Chansung, and Junho sitting near the front desk. When I turned, I saw two guys that had little clothing on, they looked familiar...No way. My guys are idiots. Good joke though. I can't believe they did something like this on the first day back. Geez...

"Ehem...Mr. Ok?" Mr. Jung, our principal, waited for a reason as to why I was there.

"Oh...Anneyeonhaseyo Mr. Jung." I was so embarrased. As the class president, I am supposed to set good examples. Not hang around with these troublemakers...But aye, what can I do? They are my bestfriends no matter how bad they could be.

"I suppose you are here to pick up your...friends. Am I right, Mr. President?" Damn it. This doesn't look so good.

"Oh mianhe, Mr. Jung for whatever they did..." I was caught off.

"They decided to strip these poor boys..." He held out his hand to the two that were sitting on the other side of the room. "...and tie them to the school's flagpole. This kind of behaviour is unacceptable at this school."

"Yes sir. Look, I promise this won't happen again." I looked at my friends. "I'll talk talk to them."

Mr. Jung took in a deep breath, "...Mr. Ok, If you really trust in these delinquents, I trust in you. You are the class president and these are your friends. But looking at their records, they have been very disrespectful and are failing many of their classes. They are going to have to change because this is the last time I am going to let them off the hook. Or else the next thing will be expulsion." Wow he is serious. Wooyoung, Chansung, and Junho all looked scared by Mr. Jung's words. It's true though, my friends are the worst of the school, both behaviour wise and educationally. Mr. Jung waved his hands signaling my friends and I to leave his office. 

After 2pm left, Mr. Jung called back before I reached the door, "Mr. Ok..." I paused but I didn't turn around, "You got a lot going for you, why still hang with those friends of yours? Even if you individually didn't do anything wrong, being affliated with such people could look really bad on your part, President. Just saying. Maybe you should just focus on yourself, you don't need any roadblocks..." I know he had good intentions, but I hated how he talked about 2pm. 

"Thank you sir, but they are my friends. I won't leave them." I walked out the office saying no more.

Myungsoo's POV

Wow. That Taec guy is sure a good friend. I'm even rooting for the bullies now. Key and I were still in the principal's office. After 2pm left, Mr. Jung sent us to the nurse's to get some clothes.

"Ughh so not my style..." Key was rummaging through the bin that had clothes from the lost and found.

"Well it's all we got." The nurse came by holding some more clothes.

"Kamsahamnida." I thanked the nurse.

"See at least he's thankful." The nurse glared at Key.

"Such a good boy..." Key was being sarcastic and looked angry. What did I do?

After finding some decent clothing, Key and I left the nurse's office. "So where's your class?"

I shrugged my shoulders. I'm so pissed. I missed my first class on the first day. So much for perfect attendance... "Molla. My first year here so I don't know where the classes are located.."

"Jinja? Oh yeah. Well do you have your schedule?" I reached inside my bag and found the paper that held my schedule. I handed it over to Key. "Room 612? Ooo! That's right next to mine. Here, follow me." Key gave back my schedule and led me around the school.

(3 hours later: Lunch Time)

Suzy's POV

Yes. Lunch. No more learning. Also, you know what that means???....I get to see Taec!!!!!! Uhhh I miss him already. I'm kind of nervous though. I really have to tell him or else I'll never get a straight answer. 

I walked around the lunch area in search for Taec. "Hi, Suzy-ah." "Suzy-ah, want to get lunch?" "Suzy!" "Hey, do you still remember me?" As I was walking, I heard all of these comments from random guys. It's so annoying. I mean I am flattered but I already have someone in mind...

"Taec oppa!" Taec was walking towards the cafeteria. He turned around but frowned when he realized it was me. Then he continued to walk away. "Yah! Wait!" I ran up to where he was. When I finally reached him, I called out for him, "Yah Oppa! I have something to tell you." I tapped on his shoulder. Taec twitched at first then did something, I never expected...

"YAH! HAJIMA! Stop following me, arasso? I don't like you! You are nothing but an annoyance I have to live with because our parents are close. I get that you like me. But can't you see I don't feel the same way?" Taec was literally yelling at me in front of all the students getting lunch. Everyone kept staring and I felt tears forming.

"Taec-shi..." My voice was very weak.

"Mianhe Suzy. But this has to stop. Please. I don't want to hurt you but I don't want you to think I am leading you on." Taec calmed down a little.

"Wae? Is it because I am not a good cook?" This made him laugh a bit but his smile faded quickly.

"Ani." I started bawling. My heart felt like it was being shot by a never-ending amount of bullets.

"Then why?" I couldn't let this go.

Taec scratched his head. The next thing I knew was he was pulling me by the arm. He led us into a more private area. "Suzy-ah. You are one of the sweetest girls I have ever met, and any guy would like you. Like right now, all the boys at the school are head over heels for you.."

"But you aren't..." My breaths became heavy due to crying

"..." Taec didn't say anything at first. "I have so much going on for me. You know that I have been accepted to the best universities. I can finally be the successful person I have always dreamed about."

"I don't understand what that has to do with me..." Where is he going with this?

Taec exhaled deeply. "I can't have someone like you hold me back...Suzy you are just not my type..." Not his type? I am everyone's type!

"Pretty is not your type? Popular is not your type? Then what is?!"

"...Someone who is caring, someone that doesn't constantly talk about themselves....someone smart." I couldn't take it anymore. My heart was about to fail on me. Smart? Is that what this is about? "No offense, but I can't be with someone who doesn't take school seriously and fails every class. I want someone that I can relate with intellectually. Someone who understands me. I can't like someone who is...an idiot." He left and I just continued crying my eyes out. I couldn't blame him. Who would like a stupid girl like me. I have trouble understanding no matter how hard I try. That's just me. It's not like I choose to fail. Taec's words kept repeating in my head. Then it came to me. I have to change my ways. Taec, just wait and see. I'll be your ideal girl and I will finally have your heart.  

Taecyeon's POV

As I walked away from Suzy, I felt immensely guilty. I wasn't lying, everything I said was true but I shouldn't have been so harsh. Recently, I have been so stressed with everything. My parents, teachers, and family have been pushing me now that this is my last year before I graduate. So many things have been running through my mind. Especially with the 2pm incident and Mr. Jung talking to me, I don't know what to do anymore. What I know for sure is, however, I don't need a stupid girl like Suzy to make things worse...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

First chapter!!! Thanks to you guys for subscribing, it means a lot :D I have high hopes for this fanfic so please stay with me. Leave comments, they always help. How did you guys like this chapter, was it good/bad? Anyways, hopefully this gave some background on some of the main characters so you can a feel of their personalities. So i'll try to update as soon as possible, have a good morning/ day/ night! Byee :)