Birthday Flowers

Dreaming of Darkness

This chapter is far from edited. I'm sorry its been forever since I've updated. I managed to get really busy and eventually just forgot about this site in general, I noticed the tab a few days ago and felt really bad that I'd left you guys hanging for so long. I really don't remember exactly where I as going with this story but it'll be interesting to see where it ends up. Ahh whatever, I hope you enoy it. Please review if you don't mind. 


The two of them talked over a simple breakfast of eggs and bacon. There were still plenty of unknown things between them, and that strange bond they had was drawing them closer. Yongguk couldn’t help but chan who would turn a bright red most of the time.

“You’re acting like my parents and you barely know me.”

“I think the actual issue here is though is you. I barely know you, and you’re turning beet red with my taunts. I think someone needs to get out a little more.”

Himchan quieted down and looked at his coffee mug. He wasn’t sure if he was ready to go out yet, not like they are tonight, but just go out ready to face a world that had every potential to break his heart again.

“I don’t know if I’m ready for that. I can go out with my parents just fine I’m pretty sure. But the outside still wears me out, I’m still afraid of something that I cannot control, it’s stupid. I’ve almost reverted back to a child in these six months.”

“Woah woah woah. It’s been six months since you broke up with him?”

“Yeah… I thought I told you that.”

“Nope, you just told me the circumstances. The way you’re acting it seems like you broke up a week ago.”

“Can you really blame me though? With all intents are purposes I did ing propose to him. If it took a short amount of time to get over him then it would have been my fault he left because I didn’t love him enough.”

Yongguk quieted down, nodding.

“Yeah I suppose you’re right. Sorry for saying that. It’s just kind of hard for me to relate when I’ve never actually been in a relationship before.”

“If you don’t mind me asking, why is that? I’m sure there have been plenty of girls trying to go after you. You’re damn hot enough…. I mean, you’re attractive enough to be a chick magnet.”

Himchan looked down, blushing, leaving Yongguk to let loose a small chuckle.

“I take that compliment with high regard, thank you Himchan. You’re right though, I’ve had plenty of people come after me but I’ve never wanted any of them in a relationship. There was always something wrong with them. Most of the time they just wanted to be in a relationship with me just to have all the time with out it seeming weird or some .  I rejected most of them but some I did take into my bed. I mean hell, I still am a twenty year old male, I have needs of my own that I can’t always fulfill by myself.”

Himchan stood up and grabbed the dishes, heading to the sink to wash them.

“There wasn’t a single beautiful girl that didn’t just want your body?”

“Not a single one I wanted anyways.”

Yongguk smiled to himself as he watched Himchan wash the dishes. Himchan really did think he was straight. Boy did he have another thing coming, especially if they get drunk together sometime. Yongguk was really good at holding his liquor, but he didn’t want to spill that he was gay, he wanted to see if Himchan would really fall for him or if he was like a rebound to him. The best way to see that is to keep the façade that he is straight, hopefully he won’t hurt Himchan with the truth if he has to hide if for long amount of time.

“You’re a strange one Yongguk, though I suppose I don’t mind so much, it makes you who you are, and I really enjoy it.”

“Where are we going anyways? How fancy should I dress and when are your parents going to be here again?”

“Ugh I’m not terrible sure. Don’t do like black tie formal but something kinda dressy. My parents can be a bit unpredictable so it’s always better to be prepared. They said they would be here around four, which they are always on time.”

“Oh alright. I’m gonna go throw some clothes on and go out. I’ll be back by four I promise.”

Yongguk smiled and Himchan before running to his room and throwing some clothes on, he’d worry about changing clothes forthe actual dinner or where ever they were going for later.

------

An hour before four Yongguk raced back into the apartment, making sure that the present he bought was hidden from Himchan.

“Sorry I meant to get back a little earlier but I got a wee bit distracted.  I’m gonna jump in the shower. I’ll be out in a few.”

Himchan just nodded at Yongguk and watched him rush into his room. He chuckled gently and sat down on the couch, he really needed to get changed but he was far too lazy at the moment. He’d been working on some schoolwork that was due on Monday. Looking around he sighed, being alone was the worst, he hated it. Shaking his head he tried to ignore the pain that was starting to redevelop in his heart. It was supposed to be a happy day, his birthday.

An hour later and an hour of dissatisfaction with his clothing choice the doorbell rung, his parents. Deciding the black pair of jeans and light blue turtle neck would do well enough he went to answer the door.

“Hello mother, father.”

Himchans mother hugged him tightly, kissing him on the forehead.

“You don’t know how worried you’ve had us. I’m so glad you’re alive, oh and Happy birthday baby!”

“Mom don’t call be baby, I’m not a child anymore.”

“You’ll always be our child. But never mind that, where’s this Yongguk fellow you’re in love with?”

 “I’m not in love with him. Come in and sit, I’ll grab him real quick.”

Himchan ignored his parents for a little while he went to go get Yongguk.

“Hey Yongguk, my parents are here.”

“Yeah give me a moment. I need to do something and I’ll be out in a minute. Go spend some time with your parents.
“Yeah okay. Don’t take too long. I’m not sure when we’re leaving.”

“I won’t, now go. I’m sure your parents want to spend some alone time with you.”

“Yeah that’s what I’m worried about.”

Himchan heard some rustling and a chuckle but no reply. He turned around and went back out into the living room to entertain his parents until his roommate decided to surface. After a few minutes Yongguk finally came out and it was time for them to leave. That night was full of interesting things. Of course Himchan’s mother embarrassed the crap out of him. Yongguk took it kindly though, laughing gently but not hard enough to embarrass Himchan even more. It was an interesting mix of satisfaction on both sides. By the nights end Himchan really just wanted to get back to his apartment to go to sleep.

It had been far too long since he had spent that much time outside with more people around than he actually wanted. But he enjoyed it at least. Yongguk made things a little better, and of course he always enjoyed hanging out with his parents. Despite their age they were genuinely funny, Himchan could rarely stay upset at them for any amount of time. His parents were just so laid back all the time; he really did seem to live a dream.

By the time they had gotten dropped off at their apartment it was well past midnight, both of them just wanted to strip and go to sleep. Standing in the hallway between their rooms they looked at each other, Yongguk breaking the silence first.

“I really had a great time tonight. Thank you for inviting me.”

“I’m really glad my mother suggested it. I really had a fun time tonight too. I’m really glad that you became my roommate. You’ve helped me through a lot already in just a few days. I really appreciate you. Thank you for being here.”

Yongguk shook his head and smiled.

“It’s no problem Himchan. Now get some sleep I’ll see you tomorrow.”

Himchan nodded and went into his room wishing Yongguk a good night. Closing the door he was surprised by a vase of coral colored lilies sitting on his nightstand. Walking over he saw a note on the table.

Today on your birthday I promise that I’m going to make you the happiest man once again. I don’t know how you were like before this all happened, but I can imagine that you were the beauty of the world. I’m going to help fix you. Happy birthday Himchan. I want to see you smile more genuinely than you do now.

-Yongguk

 Himchan bent down and smelled the roses, a smile spreading across his face. He wasn’t sure how this man who he only met days ago could make his heart feel so light, but somehow he managed too. He wasn’t sure if he would ever get over Zelo completely, but maybe with Yongguk’s help he could. After all it had been six months since the break up, but they had only just met. All he could do was wait to see what these next months brought.