Prologue

Dreaming of Darkness

Things used to be so different between us. We used to be happy together, we used to be the only thing in each others lives. Now look at what has happened to us, we barely speak. I see you walking down the sidewalk with someone else, someone else that you love, and yet here I am. Going through my day just trying to ignore the pain that’s inside of me. I guess the only good part about this is that my grades have greatly improved. Without you I just sit in my room and study all day, I used to be one of the most social people at the university, and now, now I don’t even look at people anymore. I’ve always got headphones in, my music far too loud to be healthy, it blocks out everything. I’ve lost what friends I used to have, I lost contact with my family, the only thing in my world anymore is me. I just really wish you were here, I need you more than air, more than water, but I know that that’s not going to happen. I’ve lost you, and you are never going to come back.

Himchan was sitting at his desk in his apartment; he currently lived alone. After Zelo left him and moved out Himchan took no effort it trying to find a new roommate. He knew he couldn’t pay the rent by himself so he went to the manager and told him that he could find a roommate for him. He needed one soon, so it didn’t matter. For the past couple of weeks though he had been alone, and it started to its toll. Closing his Music Theory book Himchan stood up and stretch. The clock to the left of him read 6:23 PM. It was time to stop studying to find something to eat. He walked out of the room and down the hallway that led to the kitchen and the living room.

“Godammit, I really need to go food shopping. There is nothing to eat.”

Slamming the fridge shut he walked over to the makeshift liquor cabinet in the living room and grabbed a bottle of vodka. When he didn’t eat he would drink. It got rid of the pain for a few days. Every couple of days he would get like this. Zelo was on the forefront of his mind and the only way to fix it was to get completely trashed. Normally he would only get trashed with his friends, but since he doesn’t have any anymore, he just does it at home. It’s more convenient that way. No worry about walking home or finding a cabbie to drive him back.

Popping the cap he sat down on the couch and turned the TV to some Korean movie that he would pay no attention too. Closing his eyes he took the first swig, Vodka started to taste like water to him a while back, it was nothing anymore, nothing but a way to kill the pain.

I watched as you smiled at me, your smile could lift the spirits of a hundred dying soldiers. You were mine and we had no worries of anyone anymore. Our nights spent together were beautiful, skin against skin, nothing could separate us as we made love to each other. You were my first and my only at the time. You were the end of my world; you were the one I was supposed to spend the rest of my life with. Then you met him, you met someone that made you happier than me, and you dropped me like a rock. You apologized, you cried, but something inside me felt like you didn’t care at all. I know that’s not true though. Though it was completely wrong of him Jongup would e-mail me telling me just how hard of a time you were having getting over me. I still never got an explanation as to why you left me. If you weren’t over me then why did you leave me? I haven’t spoken to you in months, I’m too scared to, too afraid you won’t know who I am. I’m afraid you’ve moved on.

Tears ran down Himchan’s face as he continued to think about Zelo, about how he left him, and the times they had together. It really made no sense to him anymore. How could he just up and leave, it didn’t make any sense. By that time the bottle of Vodka was done and he was looking for something else to drink. He tried to stumble to the liquor cabinet but he was too inebriated, too emotional. In the end he just collapsed on the floor behind the couch.

Tears started to pool around him. He curled up into a ball trying to escape from the emotions spilling out of him. Nothing worked, nothing would ever work. Looking at his hands he saw the silver band that adorned his left ring finger. They had promised to be together forever, Zelo had promised. He broke that promise and broke Himchan along the way. Pulling off the ring he threw it at the front door and screamed.

“You lied to me, you lied to me. You promised you would stay, you promised.”

Himchan gradually got quieter as he spoke, the tears still rushing out. There was a sound at the front door, a voice? Himchan ignored it, nothing mattered right now, nothing would ever matter. A few seconds later he felt a hand on his forehead, he tried to bat it away but was too weak to succeed.

“Can you hear me?”

Himchan didn’t bother to answer the man, he didn’t care about that right now.

“Forgive me.”

Forgive him for what?

Himchan felt himself rise in the air, into someone’s arms. Again he tried to bat the other person away, and again failed to succeed. Then again It was probably best right now, he was kind of in the air. A few moments later he was placed gently onto his bed. The lights dimmed, and the bathroom light came on. He heard water turn on and off, the lights went off, something wet was placed on his forehead. It felt good, calming him down a little. He heard the person leave for a few minutes. Steps quietly fading away and then back. Something was placed on his bedside table, his tears were gently wiped away. The bed lowered and the springs creaked as the man sat down next to Himchan.

The rag was lifted up, turned around, and placed back down on his forehead. The cold side again calmed him down.

He heard him take a break and he started to sing. Something completely unexpected, but he enjoyed it.

“Tonight we gonna party like we’re out of time
Tonight we’ll live it up under the city lights
Tonight as if the night sky is splitting
Tonight Tonight Oh Running out of time
If you are ready to take responsibility in your heart, tonight”

How ironic. Himchan wanted to chuckle but the voice was lulling him to sleep. His voice was beautiful, deep, velvety. Right before Himchan fell asleep he prayed to the gods that when he died, that would be the voice to bring him there happily. 


So if you listen to U-Kiss you'll recognized the song that the man sings. It has a special connection to me and that is why I'm going to also use this one throughout the story, but the story line will be based off of Angel. And if you are wondering what the hell is going on with Revolutionaries, I'ma tell you... I don't even wanna talk about it. It might get deleted, I'm not sure. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed the Prologue and I hope you subscribed and comment. Thanks guys!