Final Chapter: Let's Go Back Home

Forgotten

   In a room full of Marked Ones was intimidating. You were threatened to keep still and quiet until their leader comes back. A few minutes passed and Kwangmin finally stepped inside the room. He ordered his group to leave the room. As they left, Kwangmin walked up to you slowly, took your hand and kissed it. “My princess..” You felt his uncomfortable presence and anxiety filled you. “Come back to Cancri, Ruth. I promise you that you’ll be safe. You’ll be back home. Back home with me and we will rule Cancri together. Remember that I’m from royalty? That means that you’ll be my princess and soon my queen.” Anger build up inside of you and you exploded with rage. “I will never be with an infected man! I am here to eliminate all of the Marked Ones and that includes you, that’s my duty.” you said. “That means you’ll be committing suicide, won’t it?” he said. He smirked at you, you were confused what his statement meant until you saw that your chest was glowing a light green colour. You became extremely scared, you were infected. Your temper bursted as you ran towards Kwangmin and knocked him out cold with the swift of your hand. You ran out of the room but the other Marked Ones who was guarded the area didn’t attack you because you were one of them, you ran around the house to find where Youngmin was located. You finally found him in the basement still tied up, his head down. “Youngmin! Oh, Youngmin. What has he done to you? Please stay with me…” you said in a panicked quiet voice. You ripped off the tape that was sticking on his mouth, Youngmin spoke in a voice that sounded like his dying breath, “He’s done things to you… Leave me… R-Run… I’ll come back to you… I promise.” You cried as you tried desperately to untie the rope knots. Kwangmin stumbled into the basement, he pulled you away from Youngmin. His strength was too strong for you to break free. You screamed Youngmin for help as Kwangmin dragged you away from him, but Youngmin did nothing, he just sat there, teary-eyed and mouthed the words I love you.

 

 


 

[Present]

    Cancri. It’s been 3 years since the last time you made any contact with Earth. You were standing beside your window, your heart pounded so hard that it felt like it could jump out any second. It was one of those nights where you couldn’t take your mind off of it. That memory. The memory where you found love again in Youngmin but lost your one and only love. You shut your eyes tightly while you clutched onto your shirt as your chest started to ache. The green glow that radiated off your chest shined brighter than ever. Love hurts. You inhaled deeply and your heart calmed down. You looked out of the window and stared at the stars, “I’m sorry for loving you. Loving you made our lives more difficult than ever. But I don’t regret loving you. I’ll love you forever, Youngmin. I know that we’ll be together again, I’ll be waiting.” you whispered. You heard a knock on your door and Kwangmin’s head popped in, “Get ready for bed, love. Tomorrow’s the big day.” he said. You turned to face him and forced a simple smile, “Of course, how could I forget my own wedding day? Goodnight Kwangmin.” “Goodnight Ruth.” he said. When the door closed, you turned around and limped back to bed.