Silent Escape

Forgotten

 

    That night you ran to Youngmin’s door and knocked wildly until he opened. You told everything that happened that afternoon with Kwangmin. Youngmin became extremely worried. He started to lock all his windows and doors and shut all his curtains closed. “Listen very carefully, Ruth. My brother said only half of what really happened. He knows where we are now, he found us. This place isn’t safe anymore, we have to move now before he does it again.” Youngmin said in a panicked voice. “Again? Do what again? Youngmin, what the heck are you talking about?” you asked. Youngmin told you to stay at his place for the night, it’s not safe for you to go out alone anymore. He asked you to call your workplace to immediately quit your job in the morning, after the call he told you to pack up your things and be ready. “I’ll tell you the real story later…”

 

 

Thursday. You called the office and quit your job, your boss asked for the reason for the sudden notice but all you could say was that you’re moving out of the country for a problem that needed to be solved and hung up on him. That morning, Youngmin came to your house and helped you pack up all your stuff and took your baggage to his car, you climbed into the passenger seat and eventually you two drove off out of the city. On the way, Youngmin told the story of what really happened.

 

 

   Youngmin confirmed that some parts of what he said was true and the rest was made up. It wasn’t Kwangmin who you were suppose to marry, it was Youngmin all along. Kwangmin was angry at his brother because you were his first love but you rejected his proposal and accepted Youngmin’s. He spent his entire life trying to get you to love him back. After the Marked Ones invaded Cancri, you had to flee. Kwangmin being infected was true, he became a Marked One during the battle. But he was able to control his body to his surprise. Youngmin kept you safe and hidden in America until Kwangmin tracked you two down. Unfortunately, you were taken by hostage by him. Youngmin tried to protect you but Kwangmin refused him to touch you again. Youngmin tried to fight his brother off and as they fought Kwangmin laid a spell on you, causing you to lose your memory. Youngmin quickly took you away to Korea where he thought you would be the safest.

 

 

    “He found us now. How the did he find us? He knows I’m alive, and he’s going to do something more deadly to you than just losing your memory. I can’t lose you again. Not now, not ever.” Youngmin said. A sudden guilt came over you, making you think that this is all your fault, this stupid love triangle. Youngmin place his hand and your lap. “Everything’s going to be okay, I promise… I love you..” That was the first time you’ve ever heard Youngmin said that. You could hear the sincerity of of voice that he really meant it. “I love you too.” you responded. You really did love him and you meant what you said. A slight smile had spread across his face.