Back to the Past

Forgotten

 

    Sunday. Arranged by Youngmin, you were invited into his home. He had “something to tell you”. You took advantage of the moment because it’s your only chance to get back at Donghyun. You sat on the couch in his living room, shocked by how stunning his house is. You sat obediently and waited until Youngmin came out with tea. You admire his tall figure, you never really paid attention to his appearance but when you did, you thought he was amazingly good-looking and looks similar to Jo Kwangmin. He sat down across from you and poured hot tea into your cup. The aroma of the tea filled your nose with a heavenly scent. Youngmin’s eyes were locked on you as if he was admiring you, he kept staring at you until you felt uncomfortable. “Okay, I have a lot of questions to ask you so can we get started please?” you asked. “Ask me.” his eyes were still on you. You started off by asking who he was. “Who do you think I am?” he said. “According from the neighbourhood, you’re an undercover criminal or a mad scientist.” He chuckled lightly at your response. “Is that so? Is that what people thought of me? A mad scientist? No. Undercover criminal? Sort of.” “Sort of? O-Okay.. Anyways, let’s just move on to the next question, let’s go from the basics. What’s your--” Youngmin interrupted, “You really don’t remember, do you?” You blinked wildly, not knowing how to reply to him. “N-No?” you blurted out without thinking. He sighed heavily. “A-Am I suppose to remember something?” you asked the frustrated looking man. “I’m sorry I let this happen to you, I promise that I will protect you again. I’m sorry.”  His voice cracked harshly as he walked over to you and hugged you tightly. You were so shocked by his immediate skinship. “Please let go. I don’t know who you are and I don’t know what’s happening. Tell me what’s happening.”  you said with your voice quivering more than usual.

 

 

    Friday. You’ve been invited into Youngmin’s home quite often during the past week. Youngmin tried to regain back your memory. It turns out you were his girlfriend, his partner in crime for about 6 years now. You two were suppose to eliminate all of the “Marked Ones”. The Marked Ones were aliens from other galaxies who took over your home planet. Youngmin told you that you have a special power where you can sense who are the Marked Ones and who aren’t. He also told you that you lost your memory because you were once abducted by them, you tried to escape but they did something to you which caused brain damage. “I’ve been keeping an eye out for you ever since.”  said Youngmin softly. He also told you about the love you two shared. He told you that you used to love to travel and send him letters and postcards from all over the world, he also said that you two were suppose to be engaged 2 years ago but life you two were living was too risky for a marriage. He offered you to have a 6 hour training session with him everyday to learn self-defence, sword fighting, martial arts and other fighting skills that would be necessary for future use. You were uncertain at first if you wanted to take the offer but you felt like you can trust him. “Okay, let’s start on Monday.” you accepted.

 

 


 

 

 

    Monday. Your first 6-hour training session with Youngmin began. Youngmin told you to wear shorts and a t-shirt and meet him down at the basement. You waited in the basement. The place was extremely spacious, it was more spacious than your whole house you thought. Youngmin came down the stairs wearing a black tank top, shorts, gloves and 2 water bottles. “Get on the mat.” he demanded. You obeyed and innocently walked to the mat. “This is technically your first training session, since you’ve been training on this mat for the past 6 years. We’ll start easy and gradually go into the advanced levels throughout the weeks.” he said. Youngmin was being very patient with you, he constantly reminds you the moves, carefully and calmly corrects you if you’re doing something wrong, he never yells or lectures you when you made a mistake. He was probably the best teacher ever.

 

 

    8 Months Later. Youngmin had taught you everything he knew. You were stronger, healthier and more happier. Youngmin came down with a couple of water bottles and found you in the basement practicing with the bow and arrows. You aimed carefully at your target but miss the bullseye but a bit, You felt Youngmin’s soft fingers adjusting your elbow, he moved behind you and held the bow and your hand tightly. He came close to your head, closing one eye, focusing on the bullseye and whispered quietly, “Try aiming a little lower, focus on the target a little longer and--” swoosh. Bullseye. You turned to face him and smiled. He leaned in and gave you a soft kiss on your lips. “Keep practicing.” he said. Youngmin left you alone again. You’ve been trying to take this relationship with Youngmin very slowly. So far, he’s been the nicest guy you’ve ever met and surely you knew the reason why you fell in love with him 6 years ago. Your focus was shot back to the target. Aim a little lower… Focus… Swoosh. Bullseye.