Woken from Disaster

Forgotten

 

    The sun was starting to set and the sky got darker every passing minute. Trees started to appear in the surroundings and a wave of nervousness came over you. Then, the car came to an instant halt with a loud booming sound that came from behind. “Flat tire. I’ll check it out, stay here Ruth.” Youngmin shut the door behind him and checked out the flat tire. In a split second, Youngmin was already back in the driver’s seat, cursing his head off. “, he found us already and he’s not alone.”  Youngmin said. You looked the window and saw glowing green lights behind the trees, the Marked Ones. “You can see them, Ruth. Tell me where they are and we’ll drive away.” “They’re behind the trees on your left.” Youngmin hit the gas pedals and sped off. Suddenly, a Marked One had jumped on the windshield and cause Youngmin to spin out of control and blackness was the last thing that you saw.

 

 

    You woke up in a small lit room. Youngmin was by the end of the bed, bandaging up your bleeding leg. “You’re awake.” he said in a relieved tone. “What happened? Where are we?” you asked in such a hushed tone that you thought that Youngmin didn’t catch what you said. “The Marked Ones, they attacked the car. And we crashed. I was certain that you were hurt when you were out cold. I fought them off and carried you to here. My cottage.” Youngmin explained. You saw that Youngmin was bleeding through his shirt, his lip cut and hands bloodied. You quickly sat up but a harsh pain made you let out a little cry. “Don’t get up, you’re too hurt. Your leg is broken.” he said. You noticed that you also had massive cuts all over your arms and legs. “I’m cleaning you up, don’t worry about me, I’m fine. Nothing too bad.” he said. “Nothing too bad? You’re all covered in blood!” you cried. “Keep your voice down. I’m okay. I promise.”  he said. Youngmin took a wet towel and started to clean up the cuts on your arms. The look in his eyes were filled with worry, he was too busy taking care of you that he probably didn’t even notice that his shirt was soaked with blood stains. Once you were all taken care of, Youngmin held your hand and whispered, “You’ll be okay. Everything is going to be okay.” He started to break out in tears in front of you, he felt remorse for getting you into this situation but you forgave Youngmin and told him that it wasn’t his fault for everything. He kissed you so passionately that you felt so safe around him. He retreated away from your lips but kissed you again like it’s been forever since the last time he kissed you. His kisses felt magical to you, you could feel the love connection between you and him, it was nothing you felt before. It felt like paradise.

 


 

    Last night, Youngmin took care of you. You felt like you wanted to give back, you tried to get out of bed and limp to the washroom to grab a fresh wet towelette. Tonight, you decided to clean up Youngmin. He almost collapsed to the ground by blood loss but you were able to let him rest on the bed and tightly bandaged up his injuries. Youngmin had his eyes on you the whole time, admiring how you were willing to take care of him even though you were hurt yourself. You knew Youngmin would be hungry so you went to the kitchen and started to think what meal to make for him. The kitchen has a foul smell that roamed the air, your head started to ache and your vision became blurry. You felt lightheaded and collapsed to the ground.

 

 

     You woke up to a room more luxurious than the cottage. Kwangmin was sitting beside you, holding your hand. The green glow was dimmer than you remembered. “Are you okay, Ruth? How are you feeling?” Kwangmin said softly. You sat up quickly, with a panicked face you tried to find a way to escape. Kwangmin still interlocking fingers with you, held your face in his other hand and gave you an unexpected kiss on the lips. A grunting sound came from behind and as you whipped your head around and saw Youngmin tied up on a chair, mouth taped and bleeding from head to toe. You automatically bursted into tears as you hugged him tightly, his eyes teary from seeing you okay again. “What have you done to him?!” you screamed at Kwangmin. Kwangmin pulled you away from Youngmin’s presence and into his. He embraced you tightly but you struggled to get free, no use. He was obviously stronger than you thought. “Shhh, I know you’re going through a lot. But you’ll be happier with me now.” Kwangmin said. You sobbed into his glowing chest, you didn’t want this. Kwangmin loosen his grasp on you and it was your time to use those months of training to good use. You pushed Kwangmin away from you until you were free, you did spiral kick at Kwangmin and it knocked him down to the ground. He stood up, swiping off the blood from his lip. He smirked at you and said, “Feisty, aren’t you? Don’t be like this now, babe. C’mon, I don’t mean any trouble to you.” “You’ve already caused enough trouble!” you screamed. You thought about knocking him out cold so that you can free Youngmin and get out. You tried punching him, kicking him, but he dodged all of your moves swiftly and as you went in for your last punch he grabbed your hand and pushed you hard to the ground. “I love you too much to even hurt you.” he said. “Take her away.” Marked Ones started to appear in the room and dragged you out. Once you were out of sight, Kwangmin crouched down to Youngmin’s eye-level. “You did this to her. She was innocent back then and you changed her. She’s more reckless now than ever. Stupid brother. You’re stupid enough to try to get away from me? I know you made Ruth think that she loves you, but you’re wrong… I finally found her and I won’t lose her to you again. Goodbye Youngmin.”