Questions

Forgotten

Tuesday. You decided to use Donghyun’s trick of sneaking through his window. You saw Youngmin earlier but he already left his house. It was your chance to strike. You carefully climbed into his windows. They were unlocked, just like Donghyun said. Instead of landing safely, you tumbled your way in and landed head first onto the floor, making a loud thud. All his papers flew everywhere. Damn. You got up and looked around. You snapped pictures everywhere. It looked like his study room, it had pieces of paper everywhere, books stacked all over the place. You looked around and saw pictures of various men and women with large red ‘X’ marks on them. You recognized one of the men, No Minwoo, Jo Kwangmin’s best friend. You did an article about No Minwoo’s death but there was no clear evidence of who did it so... You covered your mouth in terror. Did he kill him? All of them? You were about to take pictures but you heard footsteps coming, you panicked trying to find a place to hide. The man came in. A dark-haired, tall being. He searched around his house, taking notice that all his paperwork were scattered on the floor. “Who’s here?”. You tried to cover your mouth, keeping yourself from whimpering. Slow footsteps became louder and louder as you hid behind his bookshelf. A hand grabbed you and pulled you as you flew out, hitting the ground. “Please. I’m so sorry. Please don’t hurt me. I’ll leave right now.” you pleaded. Youngmin didn’t say anything. He took your camera and broke it with his hands. You gasped loudly as he threw the broken pieces of your expensive camera out of the window. “Get out.”

 

 

    Wednesday. You ran to Donghyun’s office and panted uncontrollably before you could speak. “Donghyun, you wouldn’t believe what I just saw at Youngmin’s place.” you cried. “You used my technique, huh?” asked Donghyun. “I was stupid enough to use it. He broke my camera! That bastard.”. “Couldn’t you be more careful? What did you find anyways?” he asked. “Jo Youngmin killed No Minwoo.” , you looked Donghyun dead in the eye. “You didn’t think I know that already? He also killed Shim Hyunseong.” You gave Donghyun a dissatisfied look. “What? Did I miss someone?”. he said. You slid a photo to Donghyun that you took from Youngmin’s study room. Donghyun got up from his seat and cursed out loud. “His next target is Jo Kwangmin.” you said.

 

 

    Friday. You decided to climb back into Youngmin’s study room to find out more about him. You were sure that he left his house. This time you didn’t have your camera so you had to rely on your memory. You went into his more private stuff. You read his journals, you searched his drawers, glanced at pictures. There was this one journal that made you confused and scared. You flipped through the pages and saw pictures of yourself or at least someone who looks exactly like you. You read everything that was written inside, secrets unfolded, personal things that you couldn’t understand, love letters sent from different parts of the world. You read until the last page. Ruth. Amnesia. The girl next door. “Are you finished yet?” you got startled by a voice behind you which made you drop the journal to the ground. You stared at him intensely. “Who are you?”