Chapter 4: Tonight

Suicide Love Note

'Where's dad?' I ask my mother when I come home and notice my father's nowhere to be found. She seems irritated. She takes a sip of her tea and looks at me. 'He's not here, you ! You're probably looking for him right now to have with him. I raised you well, but look at you now.' I'm so used to hearing these kind of things that I ignore it. 'Is he home?' Irritated she put her tea down. 'No.' she says while leaving the room. Hearing he wasn't in made me feel so relieved. It's safe to go to the Bangtan Boys' dorm. Wait, what am I saying? I shouldn't be going there. I'm lying to them. And going to their dorm sounds so unreal. Am I dreaming? I shouldn't meet with them. What if they find out I've been lying to them and even worse, what my father does to me. They'd think I'm a , just like my mom already thinks. Jimin. He means too much to me. If he'd hate me, I'd deserve even worse than death. 

'We found her!' Jimin yells right after entering their dorm. 'That girl from the letter?' Namjoon asks shocked, who was watching TV together with Jungkook and Taehyung. 'You went to look for her?' Taehyung joins the conversation. 'How did you find her?' Jungkook turns the TV off and left Taehyung looking dissapointed after his favourite show turned into a black screen. 'We tracked down every Song Hyeri under the age of 18 living in Korea and visited them in our freetime.' Jin answers. 'So that's why you two left the house so much this past week.' Hoseok who heard the story came out of his room. 'You sure you got the right one?' Jungkook asks. 'Yes. I think it's time for some serious talk.' Jimin looks at the ground, 'she has an illness and she doesn't have much time to live anymore.'  It's quiet for a few seconds. 'Yoongi hyung!' Namjoon calls for their other member who's the only one not present. Yoongi comes out of his room half asleep. 'What is this fuss all about? I did the laundry, right?' 'They found the girl.' Namjoon goes on. 'Girl?' 'Song Hyeri.' 'Oh, that one! Cool!' 'She's going to die of an illness soon.' Yoongi finally wakes up. 'What?' He looks at Jimin. 'You're not joking, aren't you? How much time is left?' he asks carefully. 'She didn't tell me.' Jimin looks like he's about to cry, but he holds it in, 'she's my fan, you know. I feel like I should do something to make this more bearable for her.'  Namjoon walks towards Jimin and put his hand of his head and pats him, 'Let's try our best.' 'Hyung.' Jimin starts tearing up, 'thank you.'  

I let myself fall on my bed. Today was the weirdest day of my life, but also the best. Jimin cares about someone like me. I don't have any friends, my parents hate me and I don't have any appeal at all. Yet, he cares for me. I look at my phone and sigh. Again, tears come out. I think I got the solution. I'd experience one day with them. Just one day. And tonight, I'll leave everything behind me and die. I could die happy. 'Oppa. Thank you.' I close my eyes and suddenly feel really tired. About an hour later I wake up at the sound of my phone vibrating. I panick. It's been a while since I've been called by somebody. And this time it's not just somebody. How should I react? 'Hello?' my voice shakes. 'Hyeri-ah.' I get startled at the sound of Jimin's voice saying my name like that. 'We've discussed it and we are glad to invite you to our dorm today.' Just one day. I repeat it in my head over and over. Just one day and then it's over. Let's make the best of it. 'I'd be glad to. Where is your dorm exactly?' He happily gives me the adres. I suddenly feel so glad about living in Seoul. Seoul is where everything happens. Seoul is where probably most idols live their lifes. After hanging up I let myself fall on my bed again. 'This.' I whisper, 'this is madness. God, Buddha, Zeus, whoever's behind this, thank you.' What should I wear? I suddenly feel embarresed about my appearance earlier that day. I wasn't wearing anything special. I wasn't even wearing make-up. I get up and walk towards my closet to find anything decent. 

I'm almost there. Up until now I didn't think about my suicide, but it suddenly hit me again. Am I being selfish right now. Before this happened, nobody cared for me. Nobody would miss me. But now, I feel as if I'd hurt people when I killed myself. Jimin cares. Jin too. I brush these stressing thoughts off, when I'm almost at their front door. Put on a smile and go. 


Omo, this story is so depressing. But don't worry, there will be a lot of fun and romantic moments soon ^^

'Hyeri-ah.'  Hmmn, y and serious Jimin :3

Thank you so much for reading btw~