Chapter 9: Hot

Suicide Love Note

It's a really hot day and of course am I the only one wearing thick clothing. I usually don't wear revealing clothes. Mainly because I'm not confident enough to show skin, but also because my father leaves all kinds of marks and scars on my body. At the moment I have scratch marks all over my arms, so wearing something with short sleeves was out of the question. I must be cautious. Especially when I have this guy around me. I look at Baro from the corner of my eyes. If he finds out, he'd probably call the police or something and my secret will be exposed to so many people including my school and neighborhood. And just think about it, my father would probably go to jail. Nice and all, but what if he wants revenge when he's out. And after they find out what kind of mother I'm living with, they'll put me in a foster home. No, it's ok. I'm already 17. I'll just move after I save enough money. I'll leave that damned house as fast as possible. But the place I worked at gone bankrupt recently and I really need to search for a new job. Being away from home is good and saving money is the best thing to do right now. Heck, it would've been better if I just died. 'So, where do you want to go?' Baro asks me to break the silence. I look at him with a clueless expression. 'Why are you here anyway, don't you need to work or anything?' I feel like I'm almost begging him to leave. 'No, it's ok. I didn't really have plans for today. And I must keep an eye on you, so you won't do anything stupid.' he smiles. I sigh. 'I promised, didn't I?' I suddenly feel like it's his fault that I'm having these scars now. If he didn't interupt me, my father would've never done this to me. I would've been in a better place. I hold on to my elbow. 'Hey, I could take you somewhere if you'd like to.' Baro stops walking and looks at me. I don't know. It's not like I have anywhere else to go. Normally, I'd go to the shopping centre to just look at clothes I can't afford and are way to revealing for my likes. I wish I was confident enough to wear clothing like that. 'Where do you want to go?' I ask him. 'It's a secret.' 'Is it in the neighborhood?' He nods. 'Do you even know this neigborhood?' 'I lived here when I was little and moved away with my parents. Can I take you?' 'Sure.' I don't know why I'm giving in to him so easily. This guy is so annoying, yet I do not mind his presence. He does look like a nice person. Is it ok to trust him? 'Let's go then!' he grabs my arm. It hurts. But I guess I'll just have to endure it. 'First, let's go to a restaurant or something. I'll pay.' he looks back at me and smiles. I keep quiet and let him lead me, while hiding a painful expression whenever he turns his head towards me.   

'Do you know this place?' he asks me when we stand in front of a coffee shop, which seems to be full of couples. I shake my head. 'Then you're missing out on something really good!' He goes in and I follow. As I thought, most of the guests are couples. 'Let's sit here.' Baro points towards a table by the window. He pulls the chair backwards for me and I sit down. 'Thanks.' I say. I'm not hungry and I don't like to be treated to food either. It's not something that usually happens. I don't really know how to react to these kind of things. Baro sits down in front of me. 'You look nice today.' he says with a sweet smile. 'You're joking, right?' He must be. I look awful. 'Aren't you really hot?' he ignores me. 'Not really.' I lied. I was sweating like crazy. Luckily, my sweat doesn't really have a strong smell. I look at his clothing. He's looks really good, just like yesterday. He really reminds me of a celebirity. He isn't afraid to expose his arms at all. He's wearing a tank top, which reminded me of Jimin when I kissed him in the rain. His arm muscles are big. Does Baro have abs like Jimin has? Wait, why am I thinking of this? Get yourself together, Hyeri-ah. He notices me looking at his clothes. 'You must be warm.' he laughs. 'I'm hot too, even if I'm wearing this.' 

'Now, where are we going?' I ask as we walk out of the restaurant. When I told him I didn't want anything he was really dissapointed, so I ate and drank a little bit. 'Let's go to a few shops.' Wow, inside it was less hot because of the airconditioning, but outside is so much worse. I suddenly don't feel so good. I'll just hide it and take a cold shower when I get home. No big deal.

'You think it's cute?' Baro asks me when he notices how intensely I'm staring at a cute necklace. 'Yeah.' I say nonchalantely, while walking away from it to look at other stuff. 'It does feel like we're on a date, doesn't it?' I stop walking for a second and decide to pretend I didn't hear him say that. He's kind of bold, blunt and straightfoward. I don't know anyone like him. Well, maybe except for my father, but he's bold, blunt and straightforward in a negative way. This guy is the only person I know to have these traits in a positive way.

'Are we finally going to that place you wanted to show me?' I ask him, when I get tired of shopping without buying. He nods. 'Follow me.' he says with an eyesmile. We walk a few minutes and stop at a playground. He walks to a swing and sits down, while asking me to sit on the swing next to his. He points at a house that's right next to the playground. 'That was where I lived when I was little.' It was a pretty small house, but it did feel like it was cosy and nice to live there. 'Why did you move away?' 'I don't know actually. I never asked my parents.' 'Why did you bring me here?' 'I just wanted to tell you that you're not the only one.' 'Huh?' 'There was a time when I also didn't want to live anymore.' 

 


Ok, I admit it.. I do like Baro x Hyeri ._.

BUT I LIKE JIMIN x HYERI TOO :c

Let's just say that Hyeri is going to go through a rollerocoaster of emotions in this story, kekeke ^^

Poor Hyeri, what am I doing to her? :c Getting by her father almost everyday, wanting to die and being stuck between two guys.

Let's hope she'll have a happy ending :o

Admit it, the title of the chapter did tease you a bit :p