Chapter 10: Rotten

Suicide Love Note

'You?' I ask in disbelieve. I can't imagine such a person would want to die. He's so happy and outgoing. 'Yeah.' he looks at me with a sad smile and my heart starts beating. 'There was a time when I was really happy. I met the love of my life.' I look up. I don't even know how I should react to this. I could already guess something bad happened between them, but somewhere down in my stomach I did feel a little jealous. 'She was the prettiest, most beautiful person ever and I loved her with all my heart. And she loved me. She was my first girlfriend. We even talked about marriage and such things.' It was quiet for a few seconds. 'What happened?' I ask carefully, but curious. 'She's dead.' Again, it was quiet. The feeling in my stomach turned from jealousy into guilt and sadness. 'I'm so sorry.' I say to break the silence. 'It was my fault.' he clenches his teeth and looks at the floor, while tightly holding on to the swing. I'm sure it wasn't. And if it was, then it wouldn't have been on purpose. 'I was the one driving.' I was right, it isn't his fault. 'It's not your fault. It's-' 'No, it is. I was the one driving drunk.' A slight shock went through my body. He didn't seem like the person who would do something like that. It was quiet again. 'I was an awful person back then. I didn't got arrested for it, because I didn't exceed the alcohol limit for driving. We got hit by another car, but I have to admit I shouldn't have driven with her in the car, no matter how much alcohol I drank. She even warned me that day, but I told her it would be okay. If I had just listened to her. ' he explains. 'But that does mean it wasn't your fault. It was the other car.' 'But if I'd listened to her, she wouldn't be gone now.' I was quiet again. I guess we were both right. 'After that, my whole world collapsed. I didn't want to do anything anymore. I couldn't. I never even touched a car ever since and haven't had any alcohol since. I didn't want to go to school anymore. I was a pretty good student, you know. Even if I did all kinds of crazy things outside of school, like using drugs or doing illegal stuff with friends. She was always there to tell me that what I was doing was wrong. She wanted me on the right path. After her death, I decided to do what she wanted me to do. I stopped hanging out with those friends. I'm not using drugs anymore.' I stayed quiet. 'I'm sorry for telling you all this all of the sudden.' 'No problem, really. I'm really sorry to hear this, though.' 'You know, you remind me a lot of her.' 'I do?' 'Yes. You look like her and I'm getting the same feeling when I look at you.' My heart starts beating faster. 'What kind of feeling?' I ask carefully. 'She was also a person who'd wear thick clothes in the summer, because she wasn't confident in herself. Even if she was gorgeous. She was also a person who didn't talk much and wanted to be left alone as much as possible. I liked that about her, because she was different from the rest. Maybe that's why I want to be there for you. You have the exact same hairstyle she had when I first met her.' he smiles at me, but I can see him holding back his tears. 'Isn't being with me painful?' I ask. 'Not really. It's kind of comforting. I do miss her a lot. I feel like taking care of you, like I took care of her. I know I just met you, but I do like you.' I start blushing. 'Y-you're so blunt.' I say. 'I know.' he smiles at me again and I see his eyes are less watery. This guy. There is much more about him, than I would've ever guessed. He did drugs, drank alcohol and experienced things nobody should experience. 'I wanted to die. I even tried it once, but I failed. I ended up in the hospital. There I realised that if I were to die..' He stopped for a second. '.. well, I don't think she would appreciate that. I'm sure she's happy that I'm still alive and that I've changed into a better person. I'm sure she's watching over me and helping me to find someone who could replace her.' He looked at me with sincere eyes. 'It could even be you.' He's so blunt! My heart's beating faster and I feel even hotter than I did before. 

I'm getting dizzy. We've been together all day and it's only getting hotter and hotter. At least we're on our way home. We've talked for over an hour again at the playground. I feel like fainting to be honest. We're almost home. 'Let's go to the roof. I don't want to go home yet.' he says when we're standing in front of his door. Too weak to protest, I follow him up the stairs. It's too much. Feeling the sunrays piercing me again I stumble. 'Wow, Hyeri-ah, are you ok?' he tries to hold me up out of shock as I almost fall to my knees. 'I'm ok.' I pant. 'You're not. What's wrong? It's too hot isn't it? I knew it! I'll take you home.' 'No!' I yell with all the power I still have in me. 'Why don't you want me near to your house?' he asks raising his voice. 'Just don't. I'm fine.' Everything around me becomes a blur. He puts my arm around his neck and walks towards the stairs again. Inside, at the place where we first talked, he puts me down, grabs my hoodie and takes it off. 'Baro-oppa..' I say shocked, but too weak to protest. The first thing I worried about was him looking at me while I was sitting on the floor with only a simple black bra on and pants. I pant heavily, and close my eyes out of embaressment. Sweat was dripping down my body. But then I realised he wasn't looking at my s, but at my arms, which were covered with bruises and scratch marks. 'Hyeri-ah.. what are th-' The heat that left my body and the shock of him seeing the things I wanted to hide, I try to stand up. 'Those scratches.. whe-' 'Don't come near my house. Ever.' I say. I feel tears welling up. With all the strength that I still have, I grab my hoodie out of his hands and run down the stairs. 'Hyeri-ah!' Baro stands up at tries to follow me. But I run as hard as I can, open my door and close it faster than ever. Panicked and confused I look around to see if my parents were home, but their shoes weren't there. 'Hyeri-ah!' I hear knocking on the door. 'Hyeri! Please, open the door!' 'Go away!' I yell. I lean against the door and let myself fall on the floor. Tears finally come out. All strength has left my body. 'Don't! Don't ever come near me! It's dangerous!' 'Just tell me what's going on!' 'You're only going to ruin me even more if he finds out about you!' It was quiet. 'Leave! Please.' I beg him, while tears flow over my face. 'Please.' 20 seconds later I hear his footsteps. He has given up. I cry. I don't want him to leave me alone. I want him to take care of me. My father has ruined me. I don't have friends, I block everyone out of my life. I hide things. It's all because of him. This man. I don't want Baro to go. I don't want to block Jimin out of my life. This man has ruined me and I'm rotten to the core.


Wahh :c So sad.. At least Baro knows something is wrong now! 

This started out as a Jimin story, but now it feels more like a Baro story.

No worries! Jimin will come back in the next chapter~

Maybe it does seem heartless for Baro to leave at that moment, but I think it's because he gets that being there could cause her problems.

What is he supposed to do when she doesn't open the door? 

How will Baro handle this situation? 

:O