Chapter 3: Unreal

Suicide Love Note

I can't do anything or say anything. I just stare at the handsome boy who runs at me to prevent me from jumping off the roof, which I wasn't even planning to do. 'Yah, Song Hyeri.' He pulls me away from the railings, places both hands on both my shoulders and starts shaking me around. 'You were the one who wrote me that letter, right? It must be you. Did you mean suicide? Your life is so precious, why would you throw it away like that! You had me worried!' I still can't believe what was happening. 'How did you find me?' is the only thing I can say. My body loses strength. Jimin notices my strength fading and holds me even tighter to prevent me from falling. I feel another pair of arms around my body. I panick at their touch. 'Let me go!' I yell with all the strength I have left in me. Shocked at my sudden outburst Jimin and Jin let go, but when my legs stopped allowing me to stand, they hold me again. 'Should we call the ambulance? Someone?' Jimin shouts at Jin. 'No! No, please don't. It's okay.' I regain my strength while calming myself down. 'It's not ok! We have to bring you to the hospit-' I smile at him. 'Oppa, it's okay. Thank you. Thank you so much for caring about someone like me.' Tears run down my cheeks, but I feel like the happiest girl in the world. I haven't smiled this bright in ages. Seeing the tears rolling down, Jimin almost starts crying too. 'Yah.' he says with a shaky voice 'don't scare me like that.'

'Are you okay?' Jin asks, after we've all calmed down and they've put me on a bench. 'Just now I wasn't trying to jump off the rooftop.' I smile lightly. 'You weren't?' Jimin suddenly gets embarresed recalling what just went down.. 'I'm glad to hear that. But what was the letter for? Please explain.' Jin wants answers. Oh no. Should I tell them I was planning to commit suicide tomorrow? That's too embarresing. Especially after what happened just now. Should I tell them it's nothing? No, they'd hate me if they knew their efforts were just a waste of time. I have to come up with something. Fast. 'Oh, well. You see.' I mumble, while still thinking about what I should say. 'I have an illness.' I blurt out the first excuse that came on my mind, 'a deadly one. The doctors say I don't have much time to live anymore.' 'That's-' Jimin couldn't finish his sentence. 'I'm sorry to hear that.' Jin looks at the floor. 'It's fine, I'm prepared.' I look at their sad faces. 'Don't worry about me, guys. Thank you so much for caring. But I think it's best if you guys forget about me. It will only cause you pain.' 'Forgetting you?' Jimin looks at me with big eyes, 'I'm not that heartless.' He looks at Jin. 'Hyung, can't we do anything? You know, before her time's up.' Jin nods, 'we're nog leaving you like this, I agree, but let's have a talk with the other members first.' Jin looks towards me. 'If you want you can visit our dorm today, but first we'll talk to the rest of the members. We really want to do everything we can to make sure you have a great life until your time's up.' Jimin takes his phone out of his pocket. 'Give me your phonenumber. I'll call you after we discuss what we should do.'  Bad idea. With me lying like this, I can't possibly hang out with them like that. If they find out about it, they'll hate me. But refusing giving my phonenumber to them? I'd probably hurt them. I try to look as calm as possible. I take Jimin's phone out of his hand and start typing in my phonenumber. 'We're going to head back now. Are you sure you're fine?' Jin looks worried. 'Yes! I mean, things like this happen all the time. You know, illness.' I smile, but I feel bad. I'm a horrible person for lying to them like that. Jin bowes his head politely. I followed him and turned my body towards Jimin to do the same, but he hugs me instead. I feel happier than ever. But I've never felt as guilty as this before. Someone, please kill me.