Chapter 9 - The Journey Begins

What Happened to Us?

 

"Unnieeeeeeee,"
 
Jessica felt someone tap her head. She shoved the person away and took the magazine off her face before sitting up. She gave a cold stare at her dongsaeng, who rolled her eyes; obviously unfazed.
 
"I said, where's the top you bought in LA last year?" Krystal asked impatiently
 
"I don't know, in the closet? Find it yourself!" Jessica clicked her tongue and lay down on the bed once more.
 
She stared at the ceiling as she listened to her dongsaeng rummaging through her closet. She had already finished packing, somehow. Perhaps she had packed quickly so she could sleep more. She yawned tiredly and stretched her arms.
 
"Uhm, Jess? Where'd you get this? It doesn't look like it belongs in your closet," Krystal snickered as she held up a red pullover that had a reindeer on it.
 
Where did she get it? Ah she remembered now. Jessica jerked visibly. No, she didn't want to remember it. What she once cherished, what could have once
been an amazing relationship. But no, she couldn't stop it. She remembered that day, as clear as ice.
 
 
 
The snow was cold and Jessica had just finished practising for the upcoming monthly progress check for trainees. Jessica shivered and looked down at her paling hands. She took out her handphone and checked the time, 11:58 pm. Gosh it was really late. She opened up the message again to check if she had gotten it right.
 
From: Fishy Hae
Sica~! Meet me outside the SM building at 12 am, it's important!
-Hae oppa
 
Jessica pouted, there was no sign of her boyfriend anywhere. She checked the time again, 11:59 pm. Where the hell was he?
 
12AM
 
The trees were illuminated as the lights around them came to life. Jessica said a small 'wow' as she looked up, amazed at the beautiful sight.
 
"Merry Christmas, Sica" She turned around hearing the voice, his voice
 
She smiled and ran to hug him.
 
"This isn't much, but I got you this," Donghae presented a red pullover, obviously much too big for her to wear
 
"Oppa, it's too big!" She pouted cutely
 
"It's okay. Then you can wear it till we get older, wear it every christmas so you can remember us!" Donghae said excitedly
 
"Alright then, but I don't see why I should; I'm always thinking about us," She smiled
 
 
 
Jessica would have slapped her pretty younger self for not going home that night. She shouldn't have waited, she should have just rested. She didn't know what happened to her and Donghae, one day they were together and the next, they were done. Maybe they weren't meant for each other, maybe they were too busy, or maybe they were just tired of each other. Whatever it was, she knew that 'Haesica' was a thing of the past. It took them about a year of not talking to become best friends again. But Jessica had always secretly wanted to know, what more they could have been if they were still together. She sighed before realizing her sister was still expecting an answer.
 
"Hmm, must have been from one of those SMTown winter specials. I think Sunday unnie gave it to me," Sica said nonchalantly
 
Krystal eyed her suspiciously before deciding to drop the subject. Sica leaned onto the head of her bed and hugged her legs, lost in her own world.
 
"Omo unnie! Is this cashsmere? Omo, it's really pretty! Where'd you get this?" Krystal exclaimed
 
Jessica looked up again and stared at the scarf in her sister's arms. She smiled a small smile and chuckled.
 
She had always been amazingly touched by Heechul's little deeds for her. He had bothered to buy her the scarf for her birthday, by himself, despite Super Junior's promotional activities and his hectic schedules. It was always Heechul that had somehow made her happier inside. He helped Donghae and her get together, he comforted both parties when they broke up and held on to her when she told him Donghae was dating Yoona. He was never afraid to show his affection for her; even on camera. Many would think that Heechul was rude and only loved himself. He did love himself, but Jessica knew he loved those close to him even more dearly. She would never consider him rude, just daring and straight to the point. Jessica did adore her best friend, but she wondered whether the feeling she had for him actually meant something else.
 
'It's a gift. I got it for my birthday," Jessica replied
 
Krystal stared at the two objects in her hand, then proceeded to toss the sweater away and rub the scarf against her cheek.
 
"I like this gift better," Krystal mumbled, feeling the softness of the cashsmere clothing.
 
Smiling slightly, Jessica nodded and lay down once again, staring at the ceiling.
 
Me too Krystal; me too.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Tiffany checked her watch. It was 11.30 and there still was no sign of the boys' and their ride to the beach. Tiffany wondered how many cars would be needed to take them to their destination. 10? 14? She had no idea. Sighing, she turned around to face the girls. Lately, she'd been feeling like SNSD's manager; and that day was no exception. Well with the addition of f(x) as well. She did a quick headcount and soon realised two girls were missing. She scrunched her eyebrows together and counted again to see who the missing girls were.
 
"JUNG JESHIKAAAAA, JUNG KRYSHTALLLL!"
 
 
"Calm down Stephanie, we're right here jeesh," Jessica walked coolly from Tiffany's right, rolling her eyes
 
"Sorry we worried you, Fany unnie," Krystal smilingly apologized and bowed before following her unnie's lead.
 
 
Tiffany sighed. At least one of the Jung sisters was polite.
 
 
You have a messageeeeee (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧~!
 
 
Tiffany blushed as everyone looked her way. She smiled apologetically before turning around and taking out her phone.
 
 
From: Shisus Horsie
 
Fany! Sorry we're kinda late :< the boys took a long time to get ready T__T
Anyway, we're on the way already! We'll be reaching in around 2 minutes ^^~! I bet you missed me kekeke ;)
 
-Siwon-the-oppa-you-miss-so-much
 
 
 
Tiffany giggled. He was such an egoistic man at times.
 
"Whose that Fany?"
 
Tiffany pulled her phone away; but not fast enough to be unseen by the girls.
 
"OOH, YOU MISS SIWON OPPA?!" Sunny cried and they burst out laughing and saying 'aww' and 'that's so sweet'.
 
They teased and poked the quickly redenning Tiffany until they saw a large vehicle appear on their street. As it crawled to a stop, Shindong got off the bus and bowed.
 
"Ladies, your ride has arrived. This way, if you may," he said as he pointed his arms towards the bus door.
 
"Are you trying to be an air steward Dongie oppa?" Yuri asked
 
He nodded smugly and winked at the girls, who burst out in laughter.
 
"AISH! Lose some of those extra things on your belly first!" Hyoyeon giggled and patted his tummy before entering the bus; along with everyone else.
 
Smiling, Shindong bowed gracefully...
 
 
 
 
then smartly hit his head on the side of the bus.
 
 
 
As per usual, Taeyeon was observing things around her. This time, it was a pigeon that captured her interest. She spent a good 10 minutes following it around before realising everyone was missing. She got up abruptly and panicked as she looked for everyone.
 
"Taeng, you coming?"
 
Taeyeon looked up, relieved to see someone. And especially if that someone was Leeteuk himself. Smiling to herself, Taeyeon nodded her head quickly and skipped towards the bus door. Leeteuk nodded his head in return and entered the vehicle, Taeyeon tailing after him.
 
 
Right, left, right, left, up one step, and the other, and the other and the other, and-
 
 
oh crap, oh , screwed it up right here.
 
 
 
Taeyeon felt herself fall as she tripped on the last step. She felt everything move in slow motion as her life flashed before her eyes (A/N: HOW DRAMATIC, TAENGOO) . THAT'S IT, I'M GUNNA DIE
 
And just as she thought she was going to die, a pair of arms grabbed hers and pulled her up. Taeyeon looked up to find Leeteuk's face inches away from hers. Somebody coughed and a few giggles erupted before Leeteuk pulled away and cleared his throat. He pulled her up and, holding her hand, led her all the way to the back of the bus, where the nearest people were about five seats away from them.
 
As Taemin watched them, he turned to face Heechul who was three seats behind him, and gave him two thumbs up. Heechul merely wiggled his eyebrows and smirked. Their plan was falling into place.
 
FLASHBACK TO BEFORE THE BOYS LEFT THE DORM
 
"YAH SUPER JUNIOR! YOU GUYS ARE LAST... IN YOUR OWN DORM! PALI PALI HURRY HURRY!" Leeteuk rushed his dongsaengs.
 
It didn't feel right for him to have SHINee, DBSK and Kangta ,all packed and ready to go, sit in front of him, playing to escape boredem while waiting for Super Junior. He felt like a terrible leader.
 
"LEETEUKKKKKKKKKKK, I NEED YOUUUUUUU!" a shout from the bathroom was heard.
 
"YAH, AM I YOUR POKEMON? AISH JINJA," Leeteuk swore under his breath as he rushed to where Heechul was.
 
He tried to knock on the door, but before he could even hit it, it opened and Heechul pulled him inside.
 
 
"YAH! DID YOU HAVE TO DO THAT? I MEAN, YOU'RE... doing business," Leeteuk ended quietly as he covered his eyes.
 
"Aish, I just needed to talk to you so you can uncover your eyes now," Heechul said, pulling off his hyung's hands.
 
"Of all places, he chooses a bathroom. Wise guy," The older man muttered and rolled his eyes.
 
"Anyway, we don't know what's going on with you and our Taeyeonnie, but whatever it is, please try to fix it today. We wouldn't even mind it if you guys got back together!"
 
Leeteuk eyed his dongsaeng suspiciously. "Who told you that we were together?"
 
"Young Woon of course! But that's not the point. Anyway, try to be nice to her. We'll all give you guys some space so please get together. Who knows, we might get a free show watching you two kissing," Heechul gave the infamous greasy smile
 
Leeteuk slammed his arms on the toilet wall, cornering Heechul; their faces inches apart.
 
"YAH AISH YOU FUC-"
 
The door opened and the 83' line turned to look at it, surprised.
 
"Umm, what are you two doing?" Ryeowook asked innocently
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Heechul smiled and turned to look at his hyung. It was so unbelievably awkward, you would've been contaminated and become an awkward turtle (like Kyuhyun). Whenever one of them wanted to say something, the other would also begin to talk. This cycle repeated; unfortunately. So basically:
 
L: Are you-
T: Thanks for-
 
*Silence as they fiddle with their hands*
 
one minute later,
 
T: Do you-
L: I wanted to-
 
*Silence AGAIN. Cue the random bird to fly across the screen*
 
Heechul faced the front and leaned on Jessica's head. Yep, it was gonna be a long ride.
 
__________________________________________________
 
HELLO GUISEYS, HEHEHE THANKS FOR STAYING WITH MEHHH. I made Taeyeon so dramatic I wanted to punch myself XD so sorry if you don't like any of the pairings. Fishy and Ice Princess used to be together FYI. Sorry Ice Fishies(?) So yeah in here there's Taeteuk, Yoonhae, SiFany AND I WONT TELL YOU THE REST HOHOHO. And i'm making a yoonhae oneshot (or more) soon! and please do check out my other story, though it completely does not relate to SuJu or SNSD; it's my essay ^^
I wrote it for my end of year exams AHAHAH.
 
 
SAY HELLO TO AWKWARD TURTLE