Chapter 8 - The Next Day

What Happened to Us?

 

The merciless rays of the sun shone against Leeteuk's face and he flailed helpessly, covering his eyes. With growing irritation, he let out a grunt and rolled to his side; only to feel a sudden drop and a pain on his side. Groaning, Leeteuk got up, rubbed his eyes and yawned. He looked at his watch and almost screamed out loud. 8.30 AM? Aish, I was supposed to wake up 2 hours ago! He got up quickly but immediately regretted it as he leaned onto the sofa for support. I really shouldn't have drank so much last night.
 
Leeteuk froze.
 
last night...
 
taeyeon...
 
He smacked his head and cussed himself endlessly. How could he do that to her? How dare, him of all people, touch her without her permission? He was just adding to the amount of hurt she had been feeling, wasn't he? Leeteuk sat down on the couch, clutching his head. That's it; you know what? I refuse to lead her on anymore. I don't deserve to have her; I don't deserve to have anyone. She should be happy. And I should really stop butting in to her life. From now on, I'll just be her sunbae, her friend and nothing more. Leeteuk got up triumphantly, happy that he had finally come to a decision. He strode into the kitchen; but was quickly taken aback at the sight.
 
"Morning hyung," Changmin moaned, his hand propping up the right side of his face
 
Beside him, everyone who had a drink the previous night looked like they went through hell.
 
"HYUNGGG~!" a high-pitched shrill Leeteuk had gotten so used to over the years practically came screaming at him
 
Leeteuk turned to face his dongsaeng, who came rushing to him with a glass of water in one hand and his other clenched. He offered Leeteuk the two objects.
 
"They're aspirins, your head probably hurts doesn't it? It'll help," Ryeowook said, seeing his hyung's confused expression.
 
Leeteuk nodded and smiled. He gazed at his family and chuckled. They did look pretty pitiful with Taemin, Sulli, Ryeowook, Sungmin and Krystal going around helping them. He turned and swallowed the pills before chugging down the water.
 
"Where's everybody?" a melody-like voice was heard by everyone
 
Leeteuk casually busied himself with making coffee, humming a cheerful tune. Taeyeon entered the kitchen, rubbing her eyes groggily and dragging her feet. Everyone rasied their heads, their eyes glancing back and forth between the two leaders. Taeyeon pouted and uncovered her eyes when nobody answered her. Her eyes got bigger as she took in the large number of people in the kitchen.
 
"Eh, why are you all he-"
 
"Taeyeon-ah, come get some coffee! I made some for my little hoobae!" Leeteuk said cheerfully, a little too cheerfully for all their tastes, as he handed Taeyeon the coffee.
 
The kid leader's eyes grew wider and she visibily took a step back.
 
"Thanks... Leeteuk oppa," Taeyeon said as she hesitantly reached out for the mug.
 
"Alright then, I'll be in my room bathing if you need me. But I have some paperwork to sort out so try not to come in too often alright? Annyeong!" Leeteuk smiled cheerfully and walked off, a little too hurriedly, to his room.
 
Taeyeon scratched her head in confusion; she had expected Leeteuk to ignore her after what happened last night. She pouted and sat down before gulping down the coffee. Kangta nudged Heechul; it was time to start operation Taeteuk.
 
"YAH EVERYONE, GUESS WHAT? WE'RE ALL GOING TO THE BEACH TODAY!" Heechul exclaimed.
 
The statement met with everyone's agreement and cheers, including the ever clueless Taeyeon. She chattered excitedly to the girls, who had already known the entire plan.
 
"Alright then, so the guys can stay here and share some of our extra swimming trunks. Hmm, who lives nearer, SNSD or f(x)?" Kangin asked
 
"WE DOOOOOO!" SNSD squealed excitedly
 
"Alright then, the girls will go back to SNSD's dorm and borrow some swim wear or something. We'll pick you up outside your dorm in 3 hours alright?" Kangin smiled.
 
The girls excitedly screamed and gathered their things, talking excitedly as they left the dorm. Super Junior began leading SHINee, DBSK and Kangta into their respective rooms. Heechul felt a tap on his shoulder and he turned around; irritated.
 
"Good luck hyung, you'll need it," Kangin smirked before walking off.
 
Ugh, why me? Heechul had been given probably the most difficult task yet. Persuading- no MAKING his hyung come along. After all, they had planned all this out just for the two of them. Heechul cursed. Heck he was the great Heenim, why the hell would he be so scared of doing such an easy task? Since when has he ever been unable to get as he pleased? With this in mind, Heechul boosted his ego and coolly walked towards Leeteuk's room.
 
Leeteuk wasn't looking through the papers that were on his desk, his mind was far away. He had been thinking of a way to tell Taeyeon that he just wanted to be a sunbae to her now. He sighed and placed his head in his hands. I'm such a jerk.
 
"KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK~!" Leeteuk heard someone scream from outside his room, his door vibrating from all the knocking.
 
Flustered, he quickly opened the door, only to be hit on the forehead by a fist that should have hit the door instead.
 
"YAH, DID YOU HAVE TO KNOCK SO LOUD? AISH!" Leeteuk exclaimed, rubbing his forehead.
 
Heechul snorted. "WE'RE GOING TO THE BEACH SO PACK YOUR THINGS!"
 
"I'm not going, I'm meeting up with manager hyung today anyway," Leeteuk waved his hand, dismissing his dongsaeng
 
"NOPE, I cancelled all your schedules for today. Manager hyung said you should relax anyway," Heechul coolly said
 
"BWOH?! WHAT DID YOU SAY KIM HEECHUL?"
 
"ARE YOU DEAF? I SAID I CANCELLED ALL YOUR SCHEDULES!"
 
"WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU DO THAT? I WAS GOING TO DISCUSS 5THJIB WITH HIM! OUR CAREERS ARE AT STAKE HERE!"
 
"STOP BEING SO DRAMATIC, WE CAN DO THAT SOME OTHER DAY! AND STOP SHOUTING, PARK JUNGSU!"
 
"BWOH?! I'M YOUR HYUNG!"
 
"OH PLEASE, ONLY BY 9 DAYS, THAT DOESN'T MAKE A DIFFERENCE!"
 
"WHY YOU LITTLE-"
 
"BOTH OF YOU SHUT UP!" a chorus of shouts were heard
 
"WELL YOU GUYS SHUT UP!" Leeteuk and Heechul said at the same time.
 
Kyuhyun coolly walked out of his room with his hands on his hips.
 
"Yah you two, if I were you, I'd get packed now; cause at the rate you're going, you're gonna get left behind while we have fun. Especially you Kim Heechul, you know what a painfully slow old man you are; you'll probably take three years," Kyuhyun said as he rolled his eyes
 
"BWOH, JINJA THIS KID!" Heechul screamed and ran at an alarming speed towards the maknae
 
"KYUHYUN AH! PALI PALI CLOSE THE DOOR!" Changmin screamed
 
Kyuhyun frantically ran into his room and shut the door just as Heechul lunged towards him. The oh-so-graceful Kim Heechul then smartly hit the door.
 
"WHY YOU LITTLE EVIL MAKNAES. I'M TELLING YOU TO COME OUT NOW, YOU'RE GONNA GET IT LATER! LOOK AT MY NOSE, MY BEAUTIFUL PORCELAIN FACE IS RUINED YOU LITTLE BRATS!" Heechul screamed, banging Kyuhyun's door with much force
 
Leeteuk coudn't help chuckling. After all, Heechul did look a little pathetic, holding his bruised nose while frantically banging on the door. But this chuckle didn't go unheard by his dongsaeng. Heechul stopped banging on the door and turned slowly to face his hyung. Heechul looked crazier than in their 'Twins' MV, his eyes were literally burning. Leeteuk held up his hands in defeat and sighed.
 
"Alright, alright I'll go pack now," Leeteuk said as he closed the door.
 
Heechul smirked to himself. 
 
"Yeap, I'm the great Heenim alright. YOU TWO BETTER WATCH OUT!" He hit the door one last time before heading off to his room.
 
________________________________________________
 
MIAO HAHAH, sorry for the short chappie, I'll make the next one a longer one. KEKE, SNSD THE BOYS OMOMOMOMOMOMOMO *DIES*
HAVE YOU SEEN AY SUNNY? AND TAENG's HIGH NOTE T__T