Chapter 5 – Old feelings

What Happened to Us?

 

The lights had been turned off; the bed was warm and soft. Then it hit her; the smell of honey. She finally remembered where she was; in Leeteuk’s room. She hit her head and cussed herself. She stared at the pictures and memories that surrounded her. She had gone berserk just a while ago, thrashing everything around her. Why? She didn’t know.

“Pabo yah Taeyeon? Myeongcheong yah!” She said aloud and hit her chest, hoping the aching of her heart would go away.

“Don’t hit yourself, Taeng,” a voice said

Was she dreaming again? She had no idea. Why in the world would she be hearing Leeteuk’s voice outside her dream? Thinking she was crazy, she placed both hands on her head and slapped the sides of her head one after the other.

“Wake up, Taeyeon, wake up!” She cried.

A soft pair of hands grabbed onto hers. It had been a long time since she had felt the warmth of those hands. She looked up slowly to see Leeteuk’s face a few inches away from hers. She felt his warm breath fanning itself on her face. She stared into his tired eyes. They were exactly the same as before, only it showed so much sadness. The dream she dreamt wasn’t a dream at all, in fact it was a memory; a memory that she treasured so much. It was a memory they both shared.

“Oppa, you’re ... back. I... I’m sorry for going into your room oppa, I’m really sorry,” Taeyeon got up and quickly bowed before rushing out.

But his hands wouldn’t let go of hers. Taeyeon gasped and slowly turned to face him. His face portrayed a blank expression. Taeyeon didn’t like it. The face was the face of a stranger, someone she didn’t know. Someone she was afraid of. She tugged on her arm one last time before giving up, exasperated and clueless. She stood still, unsure of what to do. His grip was still just as strong after all these years.

Leeteuk slowly got up, his hand still holding on to Taeyeon’s wrist. Taeyeon’s heart hurt so much, as much as his did. She lowered her head, not wanting him to see the tears that were falling. She wanted to fall, she felt so weak, so boneless. She could hear the sound of her heartbeat throbbing in her head, the aching in her chest increasing with every beat. She could feel his hot breath on her neck and it angered her so much, but she found so much pleasure in it.

Slowly, she was pulled towards the bed. She complied, her mind blank. She loved him, no matter how much she wanted to disagree. He sat her down and lifted her head to face him, pushing back the strands of hair that were covering her beautiful milky white face. He placed his lips on her cheeks, tasting the saltiness of her tears. He nuzzled her cheek with his nose before proceeding to her neck. He lay her down and ed the top button of her chequered shirt. He pulled it sideways, revealing her shoulder. His mouth met with the skin of her shoulder and she let him kiss her softly, her arms wrapped around his waist.

The scene reminded her so much of how they were in the past. It seemed like centuries ago when she last felt his touch, inhaled his scent. So many things had changed in such a short span of time. She was lost in her memories, half conscious to what was actually happening. It was when his body suddenly stiffened when her eyes snapped to face him. Leeteuk slowly raised himself and played with the embroidery of his bed sheet. He picked up the white comforter that had been kicked onto the floor and gently placed it on the confused kid leader. The contents of the box had been scattered all over the floor, but he didn’t mind. He smiled slightly as he Taeyeon’s face, her jaw line, her lips, her cheeks. Taeyeon in turn stared into his eyes, still trying to find the Leeteuk she had fallen in love with so long ago. She hadn’t been looking right before; his eyes were drastically different upon closer inspection. His eyes, they were blank, distant and had a strange, hollow expression. Yet another beautiful thing that changed.

As though he could read her mind, Leeteuk abruptly stopped her and froze. A few minutes passed before he brushed the hair away from her forehead and leaned in to kiss it. Taeyeon stared after him as he got up and closed the door, leaving her confused and her heart pounding unbearably in her chest. There was a new pain in her heart, but it wasn’t the aching she had always felt. It was the pleasure of the touch from someone she loved. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wae so y :'(