Chapter 3 – Afraid?

What Happened to Us?

 

Leeteuk stared at the clock on his car dash. It was almost 10. Aish, Jungsoo, why’d you take so long? The kids are waiting for you at home! He mentally chided himself before turning on the engine and driving home. At the traffic light, he his phone to check his messages.

“10 missed calls; 3 new messages; all from Heechul? I never get those from Chullie. Something must be wrong,” He said aloud.

The 11th floor dorm was extremely quiet. Leeteuk took out his master key to check on the other boys. When he opened the door, he found no one inside. He searched every single nook and cranny, but the dorm was empty and dongsaeng-less. Aigo, where the hell are these kids?

He got up the elevator and headed straight towards his dorm.

Click

Yet again, everyone turned their heads towards the front door. They stared at Leeteuk who was busy taking off his shoes, oblivious to the large number of people sitting in his living room. Leeteuk sighed heavily and arranged his shoes on the shoe rack. He stared at the shoes that were surrounding him in a messy pile. Tsk, these are all Shindong’s. Leeteuk felt his irritation grow.

“Yah, Shin Donghee, didn’t I tell you to place your shoes on the-” Leeteuk stopped shouting halfway when he turned around.

At least 30 pair of eyes was staring at him as he froze.

“So much for looking for him,” Key chuckled

“SAENGGILCHUKAHAMNIDA, SAENGGILCHUKAHAMNIDA! SARANGHANEUN PARK JUNGSOO, SAENGGILCHUKAHAMNIDA!” everyone screamed/sang and was reduced to laughing bits rolling on the floor after they had finished singing.

Leeteuk stared at everyone present. He forced out a smile to show his sincere appreciation, but he really wasn’t in the mood for celebrating. His head hurt. Heck, his heart hurt a hundred times more. He needed to sleep, or perhaps just lie down.

“Hyung, aren’t you glad to see us?!” The 5 SuJu members that had just arrived minutes before he did came running towards him and enveloping him in a big hug.

Leeteuk hugged them, his cuddles overflowing with the genuine love of a brother. Super Junior was one big family again! His tears began to fall as they brought out a cake with long candles and one by one, the leaders began to read out a speech on behalf of the group; Yunho, Jinki, Victoria, Boa, Kangta. He didn’t see her though. It was Yoona, his best friend, who read SNSD’s letter. He wondered where Taeyeon was, he... missed her.

“Leeteuk. That was the name I gave you before you debuted. And I will never regret it for as long as I live. You have really lived up to your name Jungsoo, and I tell you, I could never be more proud of you. I admit we didn’t really have as much faith in you and Super Junior as we did in the other groups. But you stayed strong for your team. You remained their guidance, through all the criticism, the fan protests, accidents, the members’ departure, the antis. You and your group worked extra hard to prove yourselves to not only me, but to the world. And you’ve successfully done so, congratulations! You’ve become like a son to me, an ideal leader to the kpop world and most importantly, a real brother, not only to Super Junior, but to the rest of SM as well; a brother whom everyone can look up to. You’ve brought so much joy to us and sacrificed so much, I don’t know how to thank you. And now, since you’re going to army next year, I don’t think we can live normally again. Let’s celebrate the numbered days we all have together before we all go for our separate duties, alright? Cheers, to Park Jungsoo, the one and only leader of the Superior, Super Junior!” Lee Soo Man picked up his glass and proposed a toast that was met with the resounding cheer from the SM Family.

For 2 whole hours, the entire family of more than 30 people danced, sang some karaoke, drank beer, soju and wine (and orange juice for the minors) and took endless pictures. They even smashed the cake into Leeteuk’s face and took pictures of them having cake fights, all of which were posted online.

(WAE CHO CUTEEEEE ><)

 

Leeteuk felt the sadness in his chest lift a little. His family was what he needed right now, their comfort was nice. But he longed the comfort of just one more person. The person he longed for the most. His heart wanted her, but he had to remember why he gave her up in the first place. He needed to forget her, for both their sakes. Leeteuk got up and intentionally yawned.

“Leeteuk oppa, are you tired already? Man you really are becoming an old man Kekeke,” Yoona brother.

“Uncle, can we sleepover here tonight? None of us have schedules tomorrow, right everyone? Please uncle, let us sleep over,” Sunny pouted, pleading her uncle.

Lee Soo Man looked around worriedly and everyone began to put on their best aegyo.

“Well, why don’t you ask the owners of the dorms?”

Every single Super Junior member pointed towards Leeteuk. Aish, why can’t they just sort this out themselves?

“Alright, I don’t mind all of you staying over. But you’ve got to split up ok? How about the girls sleep in the dorms downstairs and the guys sleep here?” Leeteuk proposed

This met with everyone’s disagreement. It was finally decided that everyone would sleep together in the 12th storey dorm, as a family. Super Junior fetched their pillows, blankets and mattresses from the dorm downstairs.

“All of you better behave alright? I have my own schedules tomorrow so I won’t be joining you. Have fun kids,” Lee Soo Man said

They bid him farewell as he and his assistants exited the dorm. A few minutes after he left, they cheered happily like little children.

“I don’t know about you guys, but I’m going to sleep. Good night everyone,” Leeteuk said and made his way to his room.

Everyone stoned for a while before realising what would happen when he finds Taeyeon in there.

“Ani, hyung, CHAKAMANNYEO!” Jonghyun exclaimed, but he was too late.

Leeteuk opened the door, to find Taeyeon motionless on his bed. He turned around to face Heechul who was trying to explain what happened.

“Igobwoya?” He asked quietly, causing everyone to shut up, scared of what he would do.

Heechul stared over his shoulder and gasped at the sight before meeting his hyung’s eyes that were threatening to burst into tears.