Chapter 1 - Memories

What Happened to Us?

 

Leeteuk touched the marble white bench he sat on and sighed. He felt ridiculously confused and sad; very sad. It had been awhile since he sat on the bench. It brought back many memories for him. Memories that his head wanted to get rid of, but his heart wanted to keep. It wasn’t good for him to be thinking of her all this while. He had to focus on his job, just like her. He couldn’t afford to be selfish; he had to always put the team above his wants and needs. Sighing, he grabbed his white, pressed coat and gently the bench before getting up. Twirling the car keys around his finger, he walked away whistling, hoping the happy tune would drown out the sadness in his heart.

 

 

Kim Heechul stared at the clock in the living room.

“5, 4, 3, 2, 1…” Bingo, he’s officially an hour late

He turned and faced his dongsaengs, all of whom were staring at the food on the table. Their appearance reminded Heechul so much of hyenas. He laughed silently at Shindong, who in his hunger, had been rolling on the floor trying to prevent his hunger from overpowering him. The sharp eared Ryeowook looked up to face his chuckling hyung. His eyes implored to him, asking Heechul to let the others eat before his cooking became cold.

“Araso, kids, you guys can eat first. Apparently, hyung is really late,” Heechul, being the second eldest took charge.

“Since when have you ever bothered about us hyung? I’m surprised, Kekeke,” Eunhyuk said cheekily, earning himself a painful punch to the bicep from Heechul.

Aish, cheeky monkeys will be monkeys Heechul thought. He looked around as his dongsaengs began indulging themselves in their food. One seat was empty though. Heechul sighed internally. It wasn’t like his hyung to be late for his own birthday. Leeteuk was always the first one to set up the table, to bring the decorations himself, to call everyone excitedly over to watch him blow the cake. Three hours ago, when Leeteuk wasn’t home to prepare anything, Heechul had thought that his hyung was out earning presents for himself. 2 hours ago, he began to think that Leeteuk had gotten lazy this year, so he decided to ask Wookie to start making dinner and a few of their boys to pin up the decorations. But now, he began to think that there was definitely something bothering his hyung.

“This isn’t right Chullie hyung. We should be waiting for Jungsoo hyung to come home first. Why isn’t he home? Is he angry that he had to prepare his own birthday party all these years? We prepared it this year didn’t we?” Donghae asked slowly.

Heechul could see the tears threatening to spill out of Donghae’s eyes. Aigo Fishy, why are you such a cry baby? He knew Donghae loved his hyung way too much. Of course he of all people would. Leeteuk had kept his promise to Donghae’s father before he died, which was to take care of Donghae like his own son. The Fish loved Leeteuk like a brother and a father. Not knowing what to do, he ruffled up his favourite dongsaeng’s hair and pulled him into his arms. He didn’t know how to make Donghae feel alright, he wasn’t like his hyung. His hyung knew just what to say every time. He knew what to say to make sure his dongsaengs didn’t worry, to make them believe that everything was alright. He really admired his hyung at times like this. Secretly of course, no way would he ever admit the Great Heenim admired someone.

Knock.

Everyone turned around and stared at the front door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hmm, too short? I'll update every week ok ;) latest by maybe 2 weeks? ANNYEONG CHINGUS!