First Day

Strange Journey


     "Noona, wake up!" Taemin yelled to Amber, who was sleeping peacefully before he disturbed her slumber. Amber groaned and turned over, only for Taemin to start poking her. She started to get annoyed and smacked his hands. He held his hand in shock but then smiled mischievously, "Noona please wake up or else, I will call...Victoria," he threathened.

        Amber's eyes sprang open upon hearing what he said. Victoria used to be their helper when they had no where else to go and Amber was scared to death by her. Taemin wasn't really scared of Victoria but with Amber...not so much. Let's just say Victoria hated Amber with an unknown reason. 

      "Noona, all I have to do is get the phone..." he teased and got off her bed. Amber leaned up and grabbed his arm throwing him back onto the bed. That was when Taemin realized that he made a mistake. He looked at Amber slowly, only to see one of the scariest glares he has ever seen, "Yeah, I'm an idiot," he thought and stood up backing away slowly with Amber following him.

       "Are you threatening me, Taemin?" she asked, her voice sounding so dangerous that causes him to gulp and shake his head vigorously. An evil smile formed in her lips which made him even more scared. He raised his hands, ready to reason with her but he knew he couldn't do anything.

       "No, noona. I just wanted you to get up since you have school today," he said. She stopped walking towards him and looked at the clock causing her eyes widened because she saw what time it was. She ran to the bathroom to get ready.

      "Crap. I forgot, Taemin. It's a good thing you are dressed." Amber finished brushing her teeth and fixing her blonde hair. She ran to her closet and grabbed a pair of skinny, loose shirt, hat and her jacket. She grabbed the pair of shoes closest to her which were a pair of black nikes. Taemin who was waiting outside leaned against the wall get startled when the door flew open, "You aren't off the hook but we need to go," Amber said and grabbed his hand dragging him to the door.

         Before they left the apartment, she grabbed her keys and wallet before they ran to the car. Well, more like Amber dragging him to the car. He almost fell to the ground, hurting himself which she murmured an apology, "Are you excited noona?" he asked.

        Amber glanced at him then back at the road, "Yeah, but what about you? Your school doesn't start till next week. Where are you going to go?" she asked, obviously worried but he just smiled and shrugged. 

     "We will figure that out once we get there," he replied.

        Amber nodded and pulled into the parking lot. They got out of the car, only for the boys who were outside to stare at her causing Taemin to glare at them. He hates it when people stare at his noona. Amber knowing exactly how Taemin was reacting which was just adorable. She continued to walk with Taemin by her side. She was perfectly fine until her eyes set on a cute boy. Their gazes met which ended up with them staring at each other and everything seemed to slow down. She broke her gaze when Taemin opened the door. She turned to look at the boy once more to see him with his friends. They seem so different for her.

         Her thoughts were interrupted when Taemin asked, "Noona are you okay?"

        She turned her head to him and saw him looking at her with a worried look, "Oh. Yeah, Taemin. I'm fine, let's go to the office," she said. He nodded and followed but not he still didn't believe what she said even though he decided to leave it alone.

        They entered the office and they were greeted by the smell of cinnamon. The two siblings looked at each other confusedly. A woman at the front desk noticed them and showed them a bright smile, "Why hello there?" the woman said so Amber bowed and looked at Taemin, knowing he didn't bow so she gave him a peircing glare which made him bow. The lady smiled, "I'm Mrs. Kim and you?"

      "Good morning. I'm Amber Liu and I'm new here," she said. The lady put on her glasses and turned to her computer, typing away.

       After a minute or two, Mrs. Kim smiled and looked at Amber, "Ah yes, Amber Josephine Liu, welcome to our school."

      Amber smiled again and looked around. Mrs. Kim got her attention by snapping her fingers so Amber turned towards her who was holding some papers out towards her. She grabbed them with confusion written all over her face. 

      Seeing this, Mrs. Kim decided to answer her unspoken question, "It's your information. You know, locker number and combination, homeroom, schedule and etc."

       Amber's lips formed into an 'o' shape that made Mrs. Kim giggle at how adorable she was, "Thank you, Mrs. Kim but I have a question," Amber said and Mrs. Kim looked at her and gestured for her to continue so she did, "What am I going to do with my little brother? He cant stay home alone and he isn't enrolled in any schools yet."

       Mrs. Kim nodded and thought for a moment, "I will take care of him so you can go to class," she said, making Amber smile.

      She nodded before hugging Taemin and kissing the top of his head. She bid her goodbye and left the front office, "Wonder what's gonna happen today," she thought while walking to her classroom.