Weekend of the Bests

A Type of Love

I watch Hanbyul sleep from the door way, the girl really is a lightweight. She really gave me a shock, asking me to be her first kiss. Hanbyul sleeps soundly, a soft smile on her face, something that isn’t there often enough. She usually is too busy staring off into space or looking at Taejoon from afar to smile.

I push the anger away, what really matters right now is that she’s not thinking stupid things. Hearing the doorbell I go answer her door.

“What do you want?” I ask coming to the very unfortunate sight of Taejoon. I absolutely can’t stand him. The way he just uses Hanbyul, his ignorance towards her feelings, I could tell as soon as I met the idiot.

Taejoon looks at me alarmed, this I do enjoy doing to him, teasing and taunting my friendship with Hanbyul at him. “What are you doing here?” Taejoon demands irritably as I lean casually against the door frame, not allowing him access.

“I stayed the night, and keep your voice down. The lovely angel is still sleeping.” I say casually. “We had a bit of a late night.” I explain while shrugging my shoulders.

I smirk pleased as Taejoon clenches his fists, another secret not exactly well kept, we both do not like each other. “What did you do to Hanbyul?” He demands in an even tone, obviously fighting to keep his temper, not wanting to wake Hanbyul.

“Nothing, we had a rather nice night.” I state coyly. “Had a few, talked, you know adult stuff.” I add on lastly, just to rub him the wrong way. “If you don’t mind I’d like to get back inside, I need to make some breakfast before she wakes up.”

Taejoon grimaces at me. “Don’t lay a hand on her. I put up with you because Hanbyul likes you, but we both know your tendency with girls.” He says in a rather threatening manner.

“As does Hanbyul,” I say completely unaffected by the accusation. “Now if you don’t mind, you can see us at school on Monday for lunch.” Though I have no intention of letting Hanbyul eat with him on Monday, I rather think it’s time for us to go and have one of our private lunches. “See you later.” I say as I close the door.

Heading into the kitchen I push the sleeves of my black Henley up. I start preparing breakfast, rather enjoying the idea of making my friend food. By the time I’m just about done with the American styled breakfast, eggs, bacon, hash browns, and coffee, Hanbyul comes stumbling out dressed in her clothes from yesterday like me.

“You know, you only had two beers.” I say amused from her obvious hangover. “Hanbyul, you’re such a lightweight.” I joke watching as she shuffles to the table sitting down.

“We all know that though,” She complains while watching me. “You have this odd obsession with America.” She says watching me.

“Well, why not?” I ask not at all offended, then again she’s just being cute as she usual. “Anyways, I have some homework to finish, figured I’d do it here then we can hang out.” I say as I set her plate down in front of her with a fork.

“Sounds good to me, I have that analysis to finish.” She says letting out a yawn. “Thank you, it looks really delicious.” Hanbyul says while lifting up her fork. “What do you have in mind?”

“Well, shopping mostly. I need a couple new shirts, and as I saw your closet, you could use some clothes too.” I say giving my friend a look.

“I’ve been busy with other things.” Hanbyul says dismissively. “But since I know you won’t let me out of it, I’ll go.” She says sending me coy smile.

Setting a glass of water down for Hanbyul, then coffee for me as she does not drink the stuff, I watch her happily while eating. “You know last night you said something really cute.”

Looking over at me I can tell Hanbyul doesn’t really remember; another one of her drunken tendencies. “What did I say?” She asks curiously while sipping her water, pausing to listen to me.

I smirk at her sipping my coffee casually. “You asked me to be your first kiss.” I don’t say it teasingly, but I find her extremely amusing as she flushes red, her eyes widening, and the way she’s unable to say anything, “Rather adamant about it too.”

“What did you say in return?” She stammers nervously.

I smile reaching over to her cheek affectionately. I decide I’d definitely sweep Hanbyul off her feet if I stood a chance, but I definitely do not with Taejoon around. Though I am find myself cheering for Jin; that is if he decides he’s looking at Hanbyul as more than a friend. “I said I’d ask you when you sobered up, and if you still wanted me to I’d be more than happy to be.” I say as I finish my eggs.

Hanbyul smiles while looking down at her plate. “I remember bits of last night,” She confesses. “Joonyoung, you really spoil me.” She says in a thankful sort of way.

I don’t press her into answering, after all I know if I do it’ll only make her clam up, and I don’t want that. “Well if you’re done I’ll do the dishes and you can get changed and all.” I say picking my plate up while pretending not to hear Hanbyul sputtering about doing them herself. By the time I’m done with mine and the three pans I used, I slip Hanbyul’s plate, cup and fork out of her hands and into the sink smoothly.

“I’ll do them.” Hanbyul insists, I simply nudge her with my hip towards the door way. Again I can feel her watching me. “You still spoil me too much.”

“That’s because you’re cute.” I say without looking back. The way she’d so adamantly refused the compliment last night bothered me. I can’t understand Hanbyul or any girl like that really. I decide to talk to Solbi and Sohee about this later.

Sober Hanbyul walks away, without looking I can tell she doesn’t agree with the words. When she comes out in a plain black shirt and simply jeans I chuckle, her usual outfit. “What?” She asks self-consciously while fiddling with her shirt.

“Nothing, it’s just we match.” I say gesturing to my own clothes. Hanbyul smiles relieved as she sits on the couch, pulling her own book out and laptop out she begins typing away while only glancing at the cover of the book.

I follow suit, grabbing her copy of the short stories we’re to read. Neither one of us say anything, I get caught up on our readings and finishes her paper. Judging from her notations, Hanbyul has already done her readings. I read over her notes, which are always beneficial, her thought process is rather unique when she considers stories and books. She notes comparisons to other works, or the same time period books, genres, and any questions that come to her mind.

By the time I’m done Hanbyul is printing out her analysis. “Just in time,” I say as I close the text book, happily caught up and even reading ahead for class. “Your notes are the best, you know that?” I say placing the book back in its proper spot.

Hanbyul simply smiles as she goes to collect the pages, setting them down on her table before heading to her room, coming back out with a pair of socks. “Let’s get this shopping over with.” She says a bit tiredly.

 

~~~

 

We meet Sohee, Solbi and Taejoon for breakfast, having stayed the weekend with Hanbyul I feel rather refreshed. “That was a lot of fun,” Hanbyul says grinning rather pleased. “Even though this ‘quick’ shopping trip took hours,” She says while rolling her eyes.

“Hey, we got you some nice clothes; I don’t want to hear complaining.” I argue back playfully. Over the weekend I’d been able to bond rather well, in a much different way than the usual lunch, classes, or times we hang out for a couple hours outside of university.

“Yeah, yeah, let’s just go meet the others, I’m starving.” Hanbyul says rather vocally. It’s what I like best about the weekend; she’d been not just focused, but rather talkative as well.

I follow beside Hanbyul, tugging her a bit closer to me, avoiding other students, and things as she still has the terrible habit of bumping into them. “We should do it again, then?” I ask rather happy with the way the weekend had gone.

“Definitely, I could get used to real meals.” She jokes happily as we enter the cafeteria, Hanbyul steps closer to me, her arm gripping my own as we get in line. I glance down at my friend worriedly. We quickly get out food and only then does she let out a relived sigh. “Where are we supposed to meet them?” She asks, her arms still holding mine, I’m holding both trays for obvious reasons.

“At the usual table,” I answer easily spotting Solbi, Sohee, and Taejoon. I lead the way, as we take our seats I can feel their eyes on us. Hanbyul is notably closer to me. Taejoon isn’t happy at all; as I smirk I can tell he’s holding it all in, not wanting to upset ‘his’ precious Hanbyul. “How were your weekends?” I ask glancing to Sohee and Solbi.

“Pretty good, I got my shifts all in during the day.” Solbi says immensely happy. “You know how hard you have to fight to get those shifts?” She asks while shaking her head.

“Nope, on account I’m a literature student.” I tease back, passing Hanbyul her orange juice I open as usual. “But you do seem oddly well rested.” I say grinning.

Sohee quirks a brow at me, “I managed to get day shifts too, however, I’m more interested about your weekend, you both seem really close today,” She says smiling at us.

Hanbyul looks up from her tray, obviously having been concentrating on her food. “We spent the weekend together, shopping, homework, and such.” She says quietly.

“Oh, no wonder you two seem so close,” Solbi says grinning. “Did you pick her up on your way here?” Solbi asks curiously.

“No, Joonyoungie stayed at my apartment all weekend.” Hanbyul says before sipping at her orange juice. “It’s so much better than riding the subway.” She says happily.

“Wait, you had him stay with you all weekend?” Taejoon asks shocked. Hanbyul looks towards him and nods, giving him a curious look when he doesn’t press.

“Joonyoung is a really great cook; I bet that’s what sold Hanbyul.” Solbi says chuckling.

I nod my head happily to this compliment. As I’m about half way done with my own food the alarm on my phone goes off. “We better get going,” I say picking the last of my food I can manage and eating it. “Come on, we can’t be late, we have testing today.” I tell Hanbyul as I stack our trays quickly going to place them on a bin to be collected, coming back for my things I see Hanbyul ready and waiting, holding my own bag up for me. “Thanks,” I say smiling at her as I slip the bag onto my back.

“We’ll see you guys later, good luck!” Solbi and Sohee say together as we rush off, along with a few other literature students. Taking Hanbyul’s hand I lead us on, walking quickly, if we’re late we get an automatic fail.

Hanbyul and I manage to make it in time, getting out papers out to be turned in, just in time as our professor closes the door. I let out a sigh of relief as we’d made it. “Thank god,” I say, glancing over at Hanbyul as she giggles. “What?”

“Nothing, just strange entity to thank when a certain someone doesn’t believe is all.” Hanbyul says smiling at me.

I simply smirk at her; I rather enjoy sassy and talkative Hanbyul. “Glad to serve you some amusement.” I whisper back before picking our papers up and handing them in along with the others from our row. Hanbyul and I both take advantage of the five minute study time, quick to read over anything that might be on our test.

 

Thanks to the test, we’re let out an hour later than we usually are, but get the rest of the day off. “I thought it was never going to end.” I complain as we walk out of the class room, Hanbyul seeming drained as she leans against me. “You alright Hanbyul?” I ask worriedly.

“Yeah, let’s go get some food.” She complains as we go. I decide to oblige her without teasing, the test probably drained her. Walking to my car, I then drive us to the holy noodle shop that I love. “I’ll order while you just sit down.” I say smirking as she all too eagerly sits.

I come back to the table with Hanbyul’s favorite dish. “I’m so tired.” She complains as I set the food down. “But food definitely makes this a lot better.” She says thankfully as she begins to eat.

“Well it’s the first time we’ve never gotten extra readings right after an exam.” I say as I finish my own meal.

“Right, I’m not sure I can stand to read anything for class.” She says exasperatedly. “I have work tomorrow after class.” She says suddenly while rolling her shoulders.

I nod my head while frowning. “Same, do you have Friday off this week or are you working?” I ask curiously. “Solbi’s birthday party thing Sohee organized is that day.”

“I have it off, I’m working Saturday though.” Hanbyul says while shrugging her shoulders, letting out a yawn after she finishes.

“Come on, I’ll drop you off at your apartment, you my little lady need sleep.” I say getting up; having already paid for the food I lead Hanbyul out of the palace of all that is holy and towards my car. “So plans with Jin still set in stone for later this week?” I ask curiously.

“Yup, he asked if you were up to lunch on Thursday.” Hanbyul says as we get settled in my car. “He wants to see you again, something about your impeccable taste buds.”

I grin, not at Jin wanting to eat, or the fact that Hanbyul is including me, but at the fact she’s keeping in touch with him so well. “Sounds good to me, Jin can pick where we eat though, can’t always come to the palace.” I say as I start the car.

I as usual see Hanbyul to the door; I’m surprised when she turns around. “I’ve thought about.” Hanbyul looks up at me expectantly.

Confused I nod my head not sure by what she means. “Thought about what exactly?” I ask not following along with the conversation suddenly.

“I want you to kiss me.” Hanbyul says blushing slightly. I look down at Hanbyul, while I’m not exactly sure why she wants me to be her first kiss I can’t bring myself to ask why. “I understand if you don’t want to.” She says after a while, nervously biting her lip.

I shake my head and lean down, “It isn’t a matter of wanting to or not.” I tell her looking her in the eyes. “It’s a matter of if you really want me to.” I tell her seriously.

Hanbyul nods her head. “I do.” She says quietly while looking me in the eyes.

So I lean down and press my lips against Hanbyul’s, my eyes closing, I can feel Hanbyul leaning into me, the way she leans in being rather comfortable, I let my arm snake down to her thin waist, pulling her closer to me. Feathering kisses on her lips, testing to see how Hanbyul feels exactly about this. Her soft lips press against my own, letting her kiss me back felt different, but not unwanted.

After a little I part my lips slightly, letting her decide if she wants more or to stop, feeling her hesitantly brush her tongue against my lips before retreating back to her own mouth makes me smile, leaning down a bit more I respond in kind only letting my own tongue enter .

When I pull away Hanbyul is opening her eyes, a blush clear on her face. “You’re not too bad.” I tell her affectionately, patting the top of her head as I’ve let go of her. Hanbyul’s arms let go of my own waist, she smiles at me, though still blushing rather seriously. “I’ll let you get some rest.” I say as she hasn’t said anything.

“It was good,” She says softly, her blush deepening. “I’ll see you in class then?” Hanbyul ventures hesitantly.

I grin at her; leaning down teasingly I peck her lips. “You know you will.” I say looking her in the eyes, enjoying teasing her like this. “Don’t let the kiss go your head,” I warn her frowning slightly. “It’s your one and only kiss from me.” I tell her smirking.

“Likewise,” Hanbyul says regaining some of her sass, I grin nodding my head. “What?”

I chuckle and tilt my head slightly. “Just, I’ll have to treasure it since you’re going to be so stingy about you kisses.” I continue to tease. I turn to leave waving before letting Hanbyul get the upper hand knowing full well, that she is entirely capable of doing so.



I swear, no love triangle, just good old
drama.
Also chapter done in Joonyoung's POV, thought it'd be a bit of fun
and if came together rather quickly too~!
Also exciting slightly off topic news,
I got a job~!
So hopefully I can keep it and makes some money~!
> u>