Meeting Bangtan Officially

A Type of Love

I blink as I watch Jin walk in. After talking so long with him over the phone or texting, it just seems strange to see him again. Jin calmly takes a seat, though I know he’s been dying to tell me the results of the awards show, to tell my about his trip abroad, about his fans, the food, everything. And I am eager to hear about all of it.

“Hey,” I say as he smiles and lets out a small sigh. I’ve learned to look not directly at Jin when he smiles. Saves me the trouble of strange feelings, feelings I’m not at all ready to even look at. “How was Japan?” I ask curiously.

“It was a lot of fun,” Jin says excitedly. “How was your big final? Did you pass?” Jin asks, as I look him in the eyes I can tell he’s genuinely worried if I did or not. “I’ve heard that they’re no joke.” He goes on when I don’t say anything.

“Yeah, Joonyoung and I studied over the weekend, he also insisted on a shopping trip.” I tell him as I tug on my new jacket.

“Well it looks good on you,” Jin says chuckling. “So you’re on break now right?” Jin asks curiously.

I nod my head feeling rather relieved that I have all my exams over with. “Until February,” I tell him rather happily. “How are all your overseas activities?” I ask curiously.

“Well, we’ve won a couple of awards, we got invited to this one in China,” Jin says slowly. “Though, I’m glad to have time like this for now,” Jin sys while gesturing to me, “To just talk with someone and drink coffee with someone.” Meaning to have a friend like me, the thought easies me more than anything.

“Joonyoung is excited about lunch on Thursday,” I say trying to find something else to talk about.

Jin grins. “It’ll be fun; I already have the place picked out.” He says proudly. “Actually on that subject, do you think you both can meet me someplace for lunch?”

I frown slightly confused, but nod my head. “Yeah, Joonyoung and I should be able to, is this one of those situations you told me about?” I ask while sipping at my coffee, Jin finally touching his.

“Yeah, it’ll be a bit easier to eat in the practice room than at a restaurant. Apparently, the guys and I will need to be more careful in the future, something about us doing quite well.” Jin says in mock annoyance.

I smirk nodding my head. “Yeah, I’d hate for you to get caught sneaking around.” I say sticking my tongue out at him. “I mean god forbid you actually get recognized while you’re walking around.” I say mocking him.

“Oh, I kind of like sassy Hanbyul,” Jin says grinning. “Ah, I should warn you, the guys will probably be there.”

I frown at the sudden mention of Jin’s friends, of his group members. “But, I’m not sure,” I say starting to ramble.

“Hey,” Jin says reaching over at patting my hand gently. “It’ll be fine, Joonyoung and I will be there, and I’ll let the guys know not to do anything stupid. I promise lunch will be fine.” Jin says soothingly. I watch him hesitantly. While I do trust Jin it worries me that a total of at least six strangers will be there.

“No other big surprises?” I question quietly, finding my reserved-self taking over.

Jin nods his head, pulling his hand back a after a few moments. “I promise, and if there are I’ll take full responsibility for them. I promise.” Jin says seriously. I nod my head meekly. I hadn’t been joking when I told Joonyoung that Jin is protective over me too. “So tell me about this weekend of the bests.”

“I think your trip abroad has me beat,” I say letting out a sigh. “But if you insist.” I say pausing, hoping Jin will want to tell me about Japan first.

“No, no, I want to hear about you going out and having fun.” Jin says obviously not going to let me get away with just listening this time around.

Letting out a sigh I nod my head, I my lips once before I start to tell Jin all about the weekend. I leave out my moping around the apartment, starting off rather with Joonyoung’s surprised visit. I tell him about how I’m a lightweight, I tell Jin about the long and rather tortuous shopping trip. I explain about us studying and how much fun it is to study with Joonyoung. I talk for a while just giggling a bit and telling Jin about the weekend.

Jin listens rather happily, laughing when I tell him something funny, shaking his head slightly when I tell him about my disdain for shopping, smirking as I tell him about the trouble Joonyoung and I nearly got in.

When I finish I simply grin, feeling a bit proud of myself, that I had gone out all weekend, passed my tests and just had a good weekend overall. “Alright, your turn,” I say as I lean forward eager to listen.

Jin lets out a sigh, staying exactly as he is, leaning slightly forward. “Alright,” Jin says smiling as he begins with telling me about how the guys were all excited, how just before the trip they all made plans on what to do with any free time they could get, which hadn’t been much. Jin tells me about how the fans a bit different from the ones here in Korea. He talks about the food, the sights, how exhilarating it had been to perform there, how he missed hanging out with me, some of the foods, his own bed, and the little things that had been really cool.

“Oh, I nearly forgot.” Jin says suddenly, reaching down into his bag by his chair. “I got you a present.” He says rather proudly.

I blush and shake my head suddenly thrown off. “What,” I say feeling myself still shake my head. “You didn’t have to.”

Jin simply smirks at me. “You get friends gifts when you go on trips.” Jin says, he states this. “Hanbyul, it’s nothing big, I promise.” He says calmly. Jin reaches out again and pats the top of my hands, “It’s just something that I saw, and it reminded me of you so I bought it. Nothing big I promise. Besides next time you go on a trip or anything you can get me something.” Jin says playfully. “Please,” He says while laying a small wrapped package on the table between us, his hands pushing the little box closer to me.

“It didn’t put you out or anything?” I question while eyeing the box, my curiosity getting to me.

Jin nods his head. “Nope, now open it!” Jin says as the small box is bumped into my own fingertips.

I slowly pick the package up; it’s wrapped in simple brown paper and a string. I carefully untie the string, peeling the tap off carefully I see that there is a plain black box. I glance up at Jin once, him nodding for me to go on. So as I pull the lid off I smile rather happily. “I love it,” I say simply as I pull out the simply navy blue and gold bracelet, the bracelet is threaded through, at the end are tassels and golden charms at the ends.

“I thought you might,” Jin says proudly. He lets me slide off one bracelet for the other; I place my old navy blue bracelet into the box and slide that into my purse. I wear the one Jin had given me special. “I was looking around for you for a few days before I finally found that.” Jin explains.

I look up surprised. “You looked for something to give me?” I ask processing the information, letting it sink in.

Jin nods his head rather happily. “I knew something really flashy you wouldn’t like, but I didn’t want to get you something generic or plain.” He continues to explain. “So on my free time I went looking, I came across this little shop where they make custom bracelets. I know your favorite color is navy, and the gold chain compliments it, I picked out the deer charms at the end because you kind of remind me of a timid deer, cute.” Jin sums up happily. “Hanbyul, I hope you’ll keep it.”

I nod my head throwing out any idea of getting rid of this bracelet. “I’ll always keep it.” I promise, my fingers running over the chain gently. I smile up at Jin thankful. “Thank you Jin, I really do love it.” I say smiling while looking down at it and then over at Jin. “You’re fantastic.”

“Come on, let’s go for a walk,” Jin says getting up rather happily, “We can go look at the Christmas decorations and stuff.” Jin says excitedly.

I nod my head getting up to follow suit. As I slip my bag on I glance over at Jin, happily humming to himself as he waits for me to pull my jacket a little closer to get ready to head out in the cold.

 

~~~

I walk with Joonyoung nervously, holding onto his arm as he walks us to the correct room, leading the way as I look around at everything nervously. “Hanbyul, it’s just a building.” He scolds me gently. “They’re just people, Jin and I will be there, besides I’m sure they’re nice people.” Joonyoung says attempting to calm me down.

I nod my head still fidgeting as I remain latched onto my friend nervously, stumbling over my feet as I go, “What if I say something stupid?” I ask quietly as we walk down the empty hall.

“You’ll come off as cute.” Joonyoung says simply and casually. “Don’t make that face, Hanbyul, you’re cute, accept it.” Joonyoung says knowingly when I scrunch my face up. “I bet they’re dying to meet you.” Joonyoung says simply.

“But what if they aren’t?” I ask in a quiet and shy voice.

Joonyoung obviously having anticipating this, chuckles. “I think they are dying to meet you, but if they aren’t then they won’t be there.” This thought relaxes me greatly, at least the last part. “You’re too funny, Hanbyulie, everything will be fine. Jin promised you, remember, you told me that he’d make sure you’d be okay, and so will I. I got you remember?” Joonyoung says stopping to pull me into a hug.

Instead of letting go I hold onto Joonyoung as we walk into the room, Joonyoung holding one arm around me as he leads us in as directed by the receptionist.

“Hello,” Joonyoung and I say bowing to the seven boys in this room, one of them being Jin slapping hands away from food as we come in. Jin gets up and walks over to us. “She’s a bit nervous.” He mutters to Jin as he pats my back, I take up to watching the six boys all staring at Joonyoung and I intently, all waiting.  Bowing in return and greeting us warmly, I observe them as they continue look at the three of us curiously.

“I thought she might be, the restaurant was closed so I just made lunch for everyone,” Jin explains gently, “Hanbyul,” Jin says smiling at me.

“Yes?” I whisper while watching the six carefully, my eyes trained on them.

Jin lets out a small chuckle, “It’ll be okay, I made sure to let them know that you’re be a bit shy.”

“You made an understatement.” I mutter blushing as I finally opt to stare at my feet; I’m hanging onto Joonyoung, my friend simply rubbing my back gently.

“You know, you only seem cuter and cuter,” Joonyoung mutters, I bet he’s smirking, “Don’t you think so Jin?” Joonyoung asks teasingly.

“Hanbyul is always cute though.” Jin says, I blush in response, I’m debating if I want to risk hiding my face in Joonyoung’s side or not. “Come on, I’ll get you guys all introduced.” Jin says.

Joonyoung moves forward, pulling me with him. I take a seat between Jin and Joonyoung, looking at the others curiously. “Guys this is Joonyoung and Hanbyul.” Jin says calmly. “This is Yoongi, Namjoon, Taehyung, Jungkook, Hoseok, and Jimin.”

“Hello,” Joonyoung says openly and rather relaxed. “It’s nice to meet you all.”

There’s a pause as they all wait for me to speak first. “Hi, it’s nice to meet you all.” I mutter as I look around at them all, I quickly recognize Yoongi to be the guy that came to Jin in the lobby at the signing. “It’s good to see you again.” I say bowing to him slightly.

He looks at me surprised but smiles. “Yeah, you’re the girl Jin lead back to the lobby.” He says. “Where’s your other friend?” He asks curiously.

Joonyoung tenses at this. “It is fine,” I mutter leaning off him finally, settling for holding onto his arm. “Taejoon had other things to do,” I explain simply. I haven’t quite found a good way to tell Taejoon that I’ve been spending time with Jin; after all he didn’t seem to really like Jin much.

“Ah, well it’s good to see you have such a good—” Yoongi glances to Jin before continuing.

Joonyoung finishes his sentence though, “Friend, Hanbyul and I are both lit. students at Yonsei together.” He explains calmly. “Since Hanbyul started listening to you guys, I’ve got to admit you all have some pretty great songs.” He says while moving the conversation along.

“You go to Yonsei?” Jungkook asks staring at us slightly shocked. “That’s amazing,” He says grinning. “Hyung had told us you’re in university, but that’s just something else.”

I shake my head, “It’s just a school” I refute calmly. “You’ve just started in high school right?” I ask trying to recall things Jin told me about the others.

“Yeah,” Jungkook says sighing a bit heavily. “I put it off for a bit for out debut.” He explains smiling slightly. “But Noona,” I blink surprised by the familiarity and by how cute he’d been when calling me that. “Noona?”

“Yes?” I quickly realize that everyone is staring at me except for Jin and Joonyoung, who are busy with serving themselves and everyone else.

“Are you alright?” Jungkook asks nervously. “You’ve kind of been just staring at me.”

I blink blushing. “S-sorry, I spaced out, I-I,” I stutter trying to figure out what happened between Jungkook calling me Noona, and how much time has passed.

“She does that,” Joonyoung comments calmly. “Come on, let’s eat, and just focus a bit, Hanbyulie, no one is offended, you just kind of smiled at him is all.”

I blush nodding my head, “I’m sorry, it’s just you’re the first person to call me Noona really,” I explain as Joonyoung sets a plate in front of me, Jin watching carefully on how much is grabbed by the others. “I liked it; I just kind of thought how cute you were.” I explain trying not to sound crazy.

Jungkook grins at me. “Well if that’s the case,” He happily. “Noona I don’t mind.” He says smiling before getting his own plate together. “I remember you from the signing too. You gave us bracelets, Taehyung keeps bragging about his and how he’s your favorite.” He says while rolling his eyes.

Jin looks over at me and coughs. “What about me?” He asks shocked, I glance over as I pass him some water.

I blink not quite following Jin’s sudden fit and expectant looks. “I only just started listening to you guys,” I say slowly, “At the fan meet I’d gone with my friend in place of his girlfriend, I wasn’t really familiar with any of you, but Taehyung is still my favorite.” I say smiling.

“Hyung, no need to be jealous,” Said guy says excitedly. I smile at Jin teasingly as Taehyung starts going on and being cute and talking about random things.

“Alright, we get it,” Namjoon says chuckling. “Anyways, as we were eating,” He says while nudging Taehyung to eat. “It’s nice to finally meet you; Jin goes out for hours without telling us anything.”

“Yeah, we were getting a bit worried about what he was doing,” Hoseok says smirking. “Though I’m sure we should still be worried, Hanbyul you’re very charming.”

I blush dropping my chopsticks flustered by the compliment; they in turn clatter as they roll towards Jin. Looking down I try to think of something to say in reply. “It’s okay, just give her a little.” Joonyoung says gently, his hand still wrapped in my arms. “She’s adjusting to you all still, it took her a while before she got used to me.” He explains.

“Yeah, she still gets flustered around me,” Jin says calming the guys down. “Just let her process.”

I let out a deep breath; still flushing red, I smile at Hoseok. “Thank you, I’m sorry, I hadn’t expected you all to be so nice and wonderful quite like this.” I tell them apologetically as I pick my utensils up. “You’re all really too kind.”

Jimin grins at me. “Noona, you’re really funny.” He says happily. “I’m glad you’re both as nice as Jin said you guys were.”

“Yeah, a lot of people aren’t quite so casual with us anymore.” Yoongi says a bit regretfully. After lunch, I’m finally comfortable enough to let go of Joonyoung and sit with Yoongi and Jin as we talk while Joonyoung learns some dance moves from Jimin. “Hyung, why don’t you show us what you got!” Taehyung says excitedly while grabbing Jin’s arm. Jin reluctantly gets us as Joonyoung grins and waves him over.

“Do you dance?” Yoongi asks as we watch Joonyoung dance to his parts. “Your friend isn’t half bad.”

I shake my head shyly. “I’m too clumsy, I trip just walking, and I think introducing me to dancing will just cause me to fall even more than I already do.” I explain watching rather happily as Jin and Joonyoung both dance awkwardly with the others.

“You look a lot happier than you had at the fan meet, you kinda seemed sad there.” Yoongi says slowly, probably wondering if it’s okay to say any of that. I think back to when I’d first met Jin, when I thought I wouldn’t ever see any of them again. I think back to how Taejoon had denied me as his girlfriend so quickly, how embarrassed and hurt I’d felt. “You get lost in thought a lot, huh?” Yoongi says gently.

“I do,” I mumble quietly. “I feel happier than I did that day. It had been way out of my comfort zone to go to something like that, though I’m glad I did.” I say looking up and smiling at Jin. Yoongi doesn’t say anything, but as I look over I see him chuckling rather pleased. “You’re really easy to talk to.” I say at ease.

“I’m easy going,” Yoongi responds simply. “I’m glad you think so, Jin was worried the others might scare you off.” He says smiling. “I’m not sure they would though, you already seem at home with everyone here.”

I look over surprised by the statement. I consider this as I look at the seven boys all dancing rather enthusiastically still, all of them laughing and trying not to fall on the ground. “You’re all really opening and nice, I’m sure that’s why.” I explain gently. “Jin has told me so much about you all, I’m not good with people, but Jin and Joonyoung made sure to help me with today.”

“You’re really close with Joonyoung,” Yoongi comments. “I thought you guys were dating,” The words spring the kiss Joonyoung and I shared only a few days ago.

“He’s a really good friend, always looking out for me, Jin does the same too. I feel bad about it; they see me as bit stranded.” I tell him quietly. “It doesn’t bother me, I know myself I a bit stranded, but I feel less so with them grounding me to one place.”

“I don’t know about Joonyoung or that other guy, but you ground Jin. The guy is already a bit good looking and everything, but that doesn’t seem to influence you. You’re a nice person Hanbyul.” I look over at Yoongi and smile, the compliment striking me as true for the first time, being told something like that by Yoongi seems all the more true, someone who doesn’t have it in him to lie or have the need to tell me the truth.

“Thank you,” I say smiling. “But it’s them who are making me a good person.” I say gesturing to the two idiots dancing rather excitedly as the song changes.


Got a chapter done for you guys.
c:
I'm not sure when I'll update next but, I'll get things sorted eventually.
I haven't gotten a regular schedule yet, but I'm hoping to get one soon.
I'm hoping by late August things should have a regular cycle to things.
I'll let you guys know when I know!
^^
Anyways:
Ler me know what you guys think!