19

Runes of Despair [Unlocked]
Please log in to read the full chapter

Gangnam, Seoul – South Korea, Year 2025 (Summer) – Day 15

“Noona, could you add more bubbles?” A small hand tugged at your rolled up sleeve of your t-shirt as you smiled, obliging. Leaning slightly to the side, you pressed a button located at the side of the large Jacuzzi tub, before the pre-loaded solution was released into the water. Large soapy bubbles floated to the surface, causing the two younger boys to squeal in glee.

The state-of-the-art Jacuzzi tub was located in the fourth floor bathroom of the Wu’s Manor, measuring a whooping five meters by five meters, but was shallow enough for the two boys to play in it safely. The toilet had smooth marble slates on the walls, with reinforced glass panels for the natural light to stream in. The floors were a grainy grey, with large mirrors spaced around the large bathroom. That morning, the two younger boys has pestered the two of you to play with them and owing to your inability of denying Jongin anything, you agreed.

Your wet shirt was sticky against your skin, clinging to the tank top you wore underneath. Clucking your tongue slightly, you watched as the two boys whined, wanting Luhan to join them while the elder boy shook his head adamantly, refusing to give in. Pouting, Sehun lowered his eyes, tugging on Luhan’s shirt as you saw the boy flinch slightly. Shaking his head, he sat down with a huff to the delight of the two younger boys as they began to pile bubbles onto his head akin to a crown.

Unable to stop yourself, you giggled slightly at the elder boy’s plight. Some things never change, Luhan would remain susceptible to the cute-act of the younger boys and that was something you could foresee plaguing him for the years to come. Completing the bubble crown with a bubble moustache, Jongin laughed, as you broke into a grin.

It was nice, seeing Jongin and Sehun play to their heart’s content, giving them to chance to enjoy things they had missed for the past few times. In the past, Sehun had rarely allowed himself to play and enjoy himself, making up his mind to be the mature one out of the two of them, to cover up for Jongin’s shortcomings. But seeing him enjoy himself and finally behave like a seven-year-old caused a flood of warmth to wash over you.

“Eun, how’s your arm?” Luhan questioned from the side, as you turned your head in his direction, biting your lip slightly to hold back your laughter. There were remnants of bubbles in his hair and a whitish stain remained above his lips where the bubble moustache was a few minutes again. Flexing your left arm slightly, you shrugged slightly. The three-piece contraption had been removed from your arm a few days back and was now replaced with a black bangle-like cuff which was located about two inches above your elbow.

“It’s fine, they’re just leaving the cuff there for a while, since it’s releasing some force-field thing which allows the bone to heal faster or to strengthen it or something,” you replied, a little confused by the doctor’s explanation. Nodding slowly, Luhan patted your head with a smile while you simply grinned back, understanding the unspoken words. At least all of you were safe now. Kicking your feet up slightly, you splashed Luhan with the soapy water causing him to glare playfully at you. Chuckling, the two of you smiled as you turned your attention back to the two younger boys.

Just then, you felt a warm hand on your back as it gave you a strong push, causing you to catapult forwards into the water with a loud splash. Spluttering slightly, your head emerged from the water, staring at Luhan in disbelief. Pushing your hair back with one hand, you rolled your eyes, annoyed while Jongin jumped onto your back playfully.

“Don’t blame me, I wasn't the one who pushed you in,” Luhan defended himself, raising his hands in surrender as you turned your attention to the grinning boy who stood next to him. Waving one hand at you playfully, he stuck out his tongue to lease you, causing you to roll your eyes at him.

“What the hell, Mark Tuan Yi-en, what was that for?” You cursed, while Jongin tightened his grip around your neck in a piggyback-like ride. Raising his shoulders slightly, the elder boy shrugged as his eyes twinkled playfully. After a few days in bed, Yi-en had recovered quickly, and was now back to his mischievous jokester-self.

“Chill Eun, nothing bad will happen, that cuff is waterproof, but I don't think you are,” he guffawed as you saw Luhan bite back a smile at your plight. You were soaked form head to toe, with water dripping off every part of your body. You looked like you had been caught in a bout of torrential rain without an umbrella and it was cold. Suddenly, a brilliant idea came to mind.

“Ouch, I think I sprained my ankle when I hit the bottom of the tub. Help me up? It really hurts,” you grimaced, bending slightly to grab your ankle. A flash of panic came across Yi-en’s face before he squatted down, offering you a hand worriedly. Grinning, you took his hand, pretending to let him pull you up before you yanked harshly, causing him to topple in.

“You… you… you faker,” he coughed, spitting out the water that went into his mouth when he fell. Shrugging, you stuck out your tongue, thoroughly amused by the expression on the boy’s face. Water was dripping from his reddish-brown locks, his mouth shaped into an outraged O-shape. Shaking the water out from his hair, he ran his fingers through his hair, combing it backwards.

“Payback’s a , Tuan, watch yourself,” you teased, splashing up water when you ran away. Laughing, Jongin clung on your back while you wrapped your arms around his knees as the two of you dashed away from Yi-en who was chasing the two of you.

“Got you,” he laughed, reaching over with his long hands while he tickled you. Shrieking, you swatted his hands away, wrapping your arms around your waist to block him. The two younger boys squealed excitedly, poking Yi-en in retaliation as the four of you fell into the water, screaming wildly.

“I should have expected this to happen when I asked you to com

Please log in to read the full chapter