Meeting You

Circumstances: A Collection of KyuNa Stories

Meeting You

 


 

“Meeting you was not the first day of the rest of my life; it was the first day of the BEST of my life.”

– Steve Maraboli

***

 

Yoona was busy walking with a huge stack of folders in her arms, which were constantly threatening to fall. Her homeroom teacher had asked her to bring the folders to the file room which was on the third floor. She sighed as she climbed the staircase and cursed herself. She knew her teacher could’ve done it by herself, yet she also knew that today Ms. Kwon was going on a date with a hot guy she just met. She couldn’t have said no when her teacher was desperately begging her.

 

Upon reaching the third floor, Yoona cursed again. She would have to walk to the end of this impossibly long hallway before she could reach the file room, where most of the records were stored. She had a quick battle with her mind if she would continue or not. But, there was no other choice now. She already made it this far. She sighed in defeat and continued walking.

 

When she reached the area in front of the first room to her right, a door was suddenly pushed open; hitting Yoona’s extended arms carrying the folders. In shock, she fell backwards to the floor on her and dropped the folders, scattering its contents around. Yoona was rubbing her aching behind when a figure gloomed before her. She looked up to see a guy standing in front of her.

 

Yoona’s senses stopped right there and then. Her jaw dropped and suddenly she lost her ability to speak. How could it not? The guy in front of her was superbly, incredibly good-looking. He was tall and had very minimal muscles, as what she could see behind the roughly fitting blazer he wore over their standard school uniform. He had a very amiable aura surrounding him. Even with his height and build, Yoona did not fear him.

 

But what caught Yoona’s eyes (and made her choke on her own saliva) were the things above his neck. The guy had breathtaking features. He had pale skin that can match a vampire’s. A high nose that complimented his face, slightly chubby cheeks (Yoona had the urge to pinch them), pink, plump, perfectly-shaped lips that made Yoona want to kiss them, and deep brown orbs staring at her through shined lenses outlined by sleek plastic and metal brown frame were splayed on his face, each feature accentuating each other and matching perfectly on his face. What a looker. This guy was perfection.

 

As though oblivious to her stare that could’ve burned holes in his face if it could, the guy dropped to his knees and held her arms, worry and a hint of guilt strewn across his face. Yoona watched those eyes travel over her and around her, where the folders were lying. Upon seeing the mess he made, he bit his lower lip, and Yoona swore she could’ve died at the sight.

 

He turned back to her and spoke apologizing words, to which Yoona could only mutter incoherent responses. Even his voice had made an impact to her. Deep and harmonious, Yoona could imagine herself waking up to this voice. Wait. What?! What am I thinking? She thought to herself. Surely she was-if not obviously-totally smitten by this guy who she met mere minutes ago.

 

Kyuhyun. Cho Kyuhyun. He said his name was. Yoona said the word on her lips like it was meant to be. She said his name a few more times in her head and swore to herself she would never forget. He helped her to her feet as gently as he could while asking a few more questions about Yoona’s condition, to which Yoona gave a short, very general reply, in contrast to her screaming in her mind that she couldn’t be possibly hurting anymore-not when this heavenly guy had come to her aid. He smiled at her and began to pick up the pieces of papers scattered around. All the while Yoona stared at him, but was suddenly jerked back to her senses when he half of what she originally carried in her hands.

 

She looked at him as he picked up the remaining pieces and asked her where the folders were supposed to be carried to. Yoona politely refused, seeing that there was no need for her to bother this extremely gorgeous guy in glasses to help her with her job. He insisted though, and brought about a pleading expression Yoona couldn’t say no to. She nodded and gestured for him to follow.

 

Yoona walked ahead, making sure that Kyuhyun couldn’t see the blush that crept up her cheeks as they walked towards the file room. All the way to their destination, Kyuhyun talked and told her interesting little stories. Apparently, he was only a year older than Yoona, when all the while she thought was he was already graduating. I guess a have a lot of time to get to know him better, she thought, a smile never leaving her face as they continued. When they had reached the file room and had put the folders in the bin with Ms. Kwon’s name on it, Yoona brushed off his apologies, saying nothing was intentional and thanked him for his help.

 

She was about to walk away when Kyuhyun suddenly grabbed her wrist, making her heart pound harder than it usually did. He smiled-a deadly one (to which Yoona’s heart responded by beating faster) -before releasing her wrist and telling her to head down carefully and avoid getting hit by doors along the way. Yoona laughed her alligator laugh loudly, forgetting that this handsome young man was watching her.

 

“You’re really beautiful.”

 

Yoona instantly stopped laughing and turned her head to him. She could’ve sworn that the words he had just said were all in her head, but the expression on his face said otherwise. She bowed her head in embarrassment, feeling her cheeks warm at his statement. He called her, saying her name in the sweetest way, but Yoona was far too absorbed in her thoughts to notice him. When she felt him getting closer to her, she immediately bowed and muttered a soft good-bye before walking fast down the hallway, her heart about to explode out of her chest. This infatuation was going to be the end of her.

 

When she reached the bench near her locker, she stopped to rest. She had been running away from him since she got out of his sight. She couldn’t show him how red her cheeks were right now. That will only embarrass her more. Unfortunately, the last person she wanted to see at the moment suddenly appeared next to her, surprising her greatly. He was bending down and huffing. Clearly he had been running after her, making Yoona blush more at the thought.

 

She gulped nervously as she watched him catch his breath. He seemed to be really exhausted, she thought. Politely, she offered him to sit so that he could rest for a while, at the same time scolding herself for diving in to the temptation of getting him close to her. She held her breath as he complied and sat a little too close to her, bending his head back to rest on the wall behind the bench. Yoona gulped  and pointedly looked away. After all, seeing his sweat running down his face and bare neck and seeing him fix his glasses in a totally cool way made Yoona flush even more. She knew she would at least look like a cherry tomato at the time.

 

Neither of them said anything for a while. Kyuhyun was still resting himself and Yoona was still staring at the floor, begging her heart to stop pounding for Kyuhyun might hear. Sometime later, a few seconds or minutes-Yoona didn’t really count-Kyuhyun sat properly and fixed his misplaced uniform, taking out his handkerchief to wipe his sweat (Yoona still wasn’t looking).

 

“You run really fast for a girl.”

 

Yoona instantly turned to him, her hands clenching her skirt tightly as he chuckled at her confused expression. Was that a compliment? Swallowing her embarrassment and praying her voice wouldn’t crack, she asked him why he ran after her. He answered that he was afraid she’d trip or fall because she was running so fast. Yoona chuckled lightly, telling him she was used to it and he didn’t need to worry. Kyuhyun laughed heartily at her response, saying how boyish she was, which earned him a shy scoff from the girl. They stayed in silence for a few moments, each enjoying the feeling of fresh air blowing through the doors and the serenity sitting next to each other.

 

“Well, seeing that you’re safe, I’ll go ahead.”

 

Yoona looked at him stand up and did the same, muttering a string of thanks and apologies. He smiled widely at her before bowing down and turning to walk away. Yoona watched his retreating figure with a happy thought lingering. A few meters away, Kyuhyun stopped walking. Yoona’s face scrunched up in confusion but in a snap she was blushing again as Kyuhyun said the few words she had been longing to hear from him since earlier.

 

“I hope to meet you again. I think I will though. Keep safe.”

 

She froze in her place, lips slightly gaping and eyes sparkling at what he had just said. Kyuhyun took a long glance at her before giving her another of his lethal smiles again, seemingly amused at Yoona’s reaction to him. He waved at her and turned to leave, whistling a happy tune as he walked. Yoona, in return, only managed to do a small wave at him before flopping down on the bench, clutching her chest in an attempt to keep her heart there. She had experienced too many heart-wrenching moments just meeting Kyuhyun today. She wondered if she can still keep up.

 

But she was overjoyed. Never had she been this giddy from meeting someone before. Maybe he was someone special given to her by God. She wasn’t sure, but meeting Kyuhyun had become a turning point in her life. She didn’t exactly know what was in store, but she was ecstatic about it.

 

I hope to meet you again. He had said. The thought of seeing his beautiful smile and hearing him talk in that deep voice of his had sent her pulse racing again. When can they meet again? Probably tomorrow, or the next day, or maybe next week; she didn’t really mind. All she knew was that she was looking forward to seeing him again.

 

 


A/N: I'm back! Another au and yes, the moment when they met (again). I seem to be too fond of writing these moments. The instances they met. And I don't really know why. Hope you'll bear with me though. Thank you to me ever supportive readers and subscribers! Thank you for your comments and especially for taking time to read my work. It gives me motivation to write even though I've been so deprived of my otps lately. Thank you guys! :)

 

-x- justchillin -x-