Different

Circumstances: A Collection of KyuNa Stories

Different

 


 

“Oppa, why’d you choose me?”

 

Kyuhyun looked at his girlfriend of six years in surprise. It astonished him how Yoona had bluntly asked a question such as that while they were watching an action movie. Like how does someone form a question like that while watching people shoot guns and try to kill each other? Then it hit him. She wasn’t watching anymore. Maybe that love confession of the lead character led her into thinking about the most inappropriate thing in the most conspicuous time. Kyuhyun groaned inwardly. What should I answer her? A little mistake and Yoona could start sulking again.

 

“Why would you ask that?”

 

“Because you were popular. I was a plain Jane.”

 

She was thinking about their high school days again. During those years, Kyuhyun was the most sought-after guy. Rich, smart, handsome; he had it all. Even with his snarky attitude, people were drawn to him; a phenomenon he never got to understand. Girls came rushing after him; always trying to get his attention, for him to return their affections. He made a few enemies more than what he could count. Obviously, the other guys did not like how he was stealing the girls’ attentions from them, but not all antagonized him. There were others who were merely dazzled by him; hoping they’d have a chance to be in his position one hopeful day.

 

Yoona, on the other hand, was a not-so-typical high school girl. Quiet and quite reserved, she still managed to make friends and catch the attention of some guys. Yet she put her studies before her and never experienced love; not until Kyuhyun suddenly told her how he would like to get to know her.

 

“Of all the girls you could choose from, why’d you get interested in me?”

 

Yoona looked at him with those curious eyes, both screaming how much they wanted to know Kyuhyun’s reason. When he asked her out on that fateful day (to which she answered a shy ‘Yes’), he also asked himself. What was in this girl that attracted him to her? Heck, everyone around wanted to know why, but Kyuhyun never openly explained. Now, his girlfriend was begging him for an answer.

 

He smiled. Quite amused at his girlfriend’s sudden questioning, he thought it wouldn’t be enough to tell her. Without saying anything, he grabbed Yoona’s arms and engulfed her in his embrace, a wide grin splayed on his face.

 

“Yah! Oppa! I asked you a question. Why’d you hug me?”

 

He chuckled at her reaction. Maybe this is one of the reasons why she had captivated his heart. She never failed to amuse him and brighten up his day. Just a mere smile, a small laugh, had him tingling inside, butterflies flying in his stomach. Unlike all the girls he met who only put up with him for money and fame, Yoona didn’t care about those. She loved him for who he was. Even though she wasn’t openly vocal about it, she showed him with her actions. She never complained about her life with Kyuhyun, content that she was with him. They were happy with each other. The six years they had been together was proof of that.

 

Kyuhyun released her, only to be on the receiving end of Yoona’s pouting face. The girl was clearly frustrated that her question was left unanswered.

 

“Do you really want to know?”

 

The girl nodded; persistence still in her eyes.

 

“Simple. It’s because you’re different.”

 

He then turned to the television to continue watching with a small smirk on his face, ignoring the confused look Yoona had on her face. If I’m right, she would be whining next, he said in his mind.

 

“Yah! What kind of answer is that?”

 

 


A/N: so I woke up kinda early today and this idea just popped out of my head. like at 5 am in the morning. posted now because I didn't have time to a while ago. thank you to my 22 subbies! thank you for reading. I really appreciate it. If i rack my brain and get more stories, they'll be posted, don't worry. it may take long though, I'm getting busy since school is once again starting in my country. and I'm preparing for SJ's comeback which is in a few months. I'm really excited cause Teukkie's going to be released soon then 7thjib is coming! Shout with me ELFs!!! haha okay. anyway, always, THANK YOU. ♥

 

-x- justchillin -x-