It's Time

Circumstances: A Collection of KyuNa Stories

It's Time

 


Toot. Toot. Toot. Toot. Toot.

Who would've thought that my one day-off during Chuseok would be filled with the sound of a smartphone beeping?

Not me.

But you read right. My one day-off during Chuseok. Haaaaaaa. Chuseok. A whole week supposedly spent with family and friends, enjoying each other's company and eating good food. Yet my schedule says otherwise. With my second solo album to be released a couple of days later, even the traditional holiday cannot save me from the work I have to do. Day and night, I have been in the studio. Recording, practicing, and putting together my second masterpiece. Added to the pressure on my new album, my web-drama filming days haven't been fully finished, as some scenes have yet to be filmed and I have to be around when production occurs. Plus, I still have to film Radio Star once every week, complete with all sharp-tongued Kyuhyun having to look lively for the camera. So between my constant filming and seemingly non-ending singing, one day-off is heaven, even though I'm supposed to get the whole week off.

But back to my current demise: my peaceful Chuseok day-off has been invaded by a certain grandma deer who knows exactly when to bother me. And she does that today, of all days, and brings herself to my dorm room to sit down on my bed and use her phone for hours.She hasn't even said one word to me since she came. I mean I don't exactly know why she came here when she can hang out somewhere else with someone else who would gladly watch her use her phone, but I guess it's because her favorite sport is to annoy me.

So here I am, supposedly spending the whole day playing my beloved games, listening to her smartphone beeping and her little (but cute, totally cute) reactions coming out of . I don't know what the heck she has been doing on her phone but I have been noticing that curious look in her eyes since a while ago. I wanted to ask her but I knew she would just shoo me away so I don't and just get back to my game.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*rumbling*

I'm hungry.

I don't know how much times has passed in silence between me and Yoona but I have had enough playing and I was starving. I look at my wall clock and see 5:30 PM. Huh, Yoona has been here for about five hours. I might as well get some food for both of us because she might also be starving, but I'm surprised she hasn't demanded food from me the whole time. I felt something was off but I know that I shouldn't poke my nose into her business. So I stood up and just deliberately ignored her. I was about the open the door when I heard her say, "It's time."

I look back at her curiously and ask, "Time for what?"

Instead of answering me, she closes her eyes and begins to inhale and exhale deeply. I watch her breathe for a while and decide she wasn't going to answer me and leave when she opened her eyes and looked at me, determination painting her face like a lawyer would as he steps into court to defend his client.

Weirded out by her actions, I repeat myself. "Time for what?"

She suddenly smiles and says in a light tone, "Time for me to enter the world you have warned me so very constantly about. The world you keep saying is not a good choice for me."

"And what world would that be? And why are you entering it if I've told you not to?"

"Because I can do what I want."

My eyebrows knitted. She still hasn't answered my first question.

"Yoona, what world are we talking about here?"

She smiles at me slyly. I was disturbed.

"Yoona, just tell me okay? What world are you entering?"

"The world of social media."

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"Did I hear you wrongly? Did you say social media?"

"Yes!"

"Are you in your right mind right now? Are you sure you're not just hungry and blabbering useless things? Are you Im Yoona right now?"

"Yes. No. Definitely yes. Why would you even ask that?"

I chuckle to myself. This is ridiculous. Maybe I'm just too low on energy.

"You're kidding right?"

The look she had on her face the moment those words came out of my mouth was of utter disbelief, and suddenly I was afraid. Very afraid.

"No, I'm not kidding. I am making a social media account. I am thinking of starting Instagram first, as all my members have an account and because they say it's safer than Twitter. I don't exactly know what they mean but---"

As she kept talking, it finally sunk in. My precious Yoona was seriously entering the world of endless backlash and stupid stories and she looked excited. EXCITED. SHE LOOKED EXCITED. My head was  spinning.

"Are you out of your mind?!"

Yoona jumped in shock, her thoughts abruptly interrupted by my exclamation.

"I'm not!" she yelled back.

I felt my heart pounding hard in my chest. She wanted to do this? Even though I've told her of all the dangers she would face? 

"Don't you know why I told you never to enter into-"

"I know oppa. But nothing you say will stop me."

I was pissed. Royally pissed.

"Yoong, listen. I'm not restricting you. I just want to protect you!"

"You're protecting me very well and I'm very thankful for that. But you can't drive them away from me forever. And I want to be closer to my fans."

"Yoona-"

"No. I'll make an account and I'm starting right now."

With that, she grabbed her phone and walked out my door, leaving me frozen into my place.

***

My knees buckled as I reached the kitchen counters. I was still red in the cheeks from finally telling oppa what I wanted to do. I was proud of myself because I was brave enough to tell him I wanted to make a social media account. It wasn't like I was afraid of him or anything, but because I didn't want to disappoint him, I restrained myself. But that changed today. And even though I feel sorry for him-because he has always been caring and protective of me-I think it is time to face my demons, even through social media only.

And with a lighter heart, I started making my Instagram account.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was editing my profile description, alternating through quotes and my name, when I heard Kyuhyun-oppa shuffle into the kitchen, looking miserable. I was set to avoid his eyes but he locked mine with his as he slowly made his way toward me. I looked at him approach, and when at last he had held my shoulders, he breathed in as deeply as I've seen him when he is going through challenging times (wait, was this challenging to him?). And when he spoke, his voice was a whisper and his eyes worried.

"Are you sure about this?"

For a moment, I was frozen, weighing whether to say what I want or what would make him feel better, but as no words could come out of my mouth at the moment, I only nodded at him. He sighed, and I was compelled to do nothing as I waited for him to speak again.

When he did, he had a little smile on his face.

"Okay then. I won't object anymore. But please tell me if you're burdened."

I smiled widely and tackled him into a tight hug, whispering,"Thank you!". I was happy. He was so supportive of me I almost cried. When I let go of him, he looked like a fluffy, smiling marshmallow.

"What are you doing now?" he asked.

I show him what I was fussing over earlier: my account's description.

"Just type in your name."

"Eh? That's boring!"

"That's the most beautiful description of yourself. Your name. Yoona Im."

I chuckled. Talk abut Cho Kyuhyun suddenly being sweet.

Soon after, we were arguing about what picture I should use as my display picture.

 

And that's how my one Chuseok day-off went: with me and Yoona laughing and arguing and the sound of a beeping smartphone echoing throughout. Pretty ridiculous, right?

 

P.S. Hey Im Yoona, post a picture of me in your Instagram account sometime, will you?

 

 

 


A/N: ohmygahd isn't this the most exaggerated thing ever? I didn't know what got into my mind when I was writing this; I just somehow needed to get this out of my head. I'm also not entirely sure how this fic came to mind. Maybe it was because I saw KyuNa invade my twitter timeline again and I just had to let out my feels in a fic. and let me be the first one to say thisisthe sappiest fic I have ever written. Anyway, I hope you (even in the smallest way) enjoy this fic. Thank you for supporting my works! :D

 

-x- justchillin -x-