Reach

Circumstances: A Collection of KyuNa Stories

Reach

 

A/N: text - Yoona's POV ; text - Kyuhyun's POV ; text  - both


 

 

“Good morning, oppa!”

 

“Wha-Ow!” Kyuhyun exclaimed, rubbing his right side which Yoona bumped earlier. “Is that how you greet your neighbor?”

 

Yoona scoffed. “That’s how I do it every day. What’s so different this time?”

 

Kyuhyun scrunched, annoyed by the fact that he had to experience this every single school day. It has been 12 years since Yoona moved into his neighborhood. She didn’t really have anything to do with him, nor he with her. She was just, without a doubt, his neighbor who likes bugging him.

 

“Come on now. We’ll be late for class,” Kyuhyun said as he grabbed her hand a bit too harshly, which earned him a slap from the other. They walked to their classroom, Yoona teasing Kyuhyun to the ends of the earth and the latter constantly showing a look of annoyance.

 

Even the students in their school couldn’t decide what their relationship is. It wasn’t such a good relationship, or a bad one. They were just friendly neighbors.

 

***

“Oh no! Why now?” Yoona exclaimed, desperately emptying her bag.

 

“What’s wrong?” Kyuhyun asked his fumbling seatmate.

 

 “I forgot my book at home. Aish! Why did it have to be the English book?” Yoona muttered.

 

It was English class, and a student without a book would have much difficulty understanding what the teacher is saying, unless he/she could understand English even just a teeny bit. Judging by Yoona’s English grades over the year, she wasn’t one of those.

 

Kyuhyun pursed his lips. “You’re such a careless girl. You know you can’t survive English without that.”

 

“I know okay. Don’t rub it in my face smarty-pants.”

 

“Class, please open your books to page 94.”

 

“Aigoo. I wouldn’t be able to learn anything today.”

 

In what was a fleeting moment of mercy for his poor, careless neighbor, Kyuhyun offered his book.

 

“Move your table next to mine. We can share my book.”

 

“What?” Yoona asked, surprised this egotistic guy would actually offer help.

 

“Would you want to sit there and just stare dumbly at the teacher while we’re learning lots here?”

 

Yoona contemplated a while before moving her table and chair next to Kyuhyun’s. When she sat down, their shoulders were touching. The latter moved the book so that both of them could look at it.

 

“Thanks.”

 

Kyuhyun nodded before turning to the book to follow what the teacher was saying.

 

Yet neither of them could concentrate.

 

What is this? Why am I blushing?! It’s just our shoulders touching. What’s so special about that? But it feels so nice to be next to him. From here, I could smell his perfume. Oh no my heart is beating too fast! Relax Yoona, relax. You don’t want him to feel it would you? That would be embarrassing. I don’t him to know what I truly feel for him. We’re just neighbors.

 

What is happening to me? Just because our shoulders are touching doesn’t mean I should be blushing. Keep your stoic face, Cho Kyuhyun. Yet she feels so nice. She’s so fragrant. Oh no. Concentrate Kyuhyun. Concentrate! Stop beating so fast, heart. Don’t give me away. I wouldn’t want her to know that I have feelings for her. We’re just neighbors.

 

But…

This is one of the only chances I get to be next to him.

This might not happen again.

 

I want to touch him so bad!

I want to touch her so bad!

 

Okay, maybe just his hand.

Her hand would be fine for now.

 

Move it slowly. Maybe he won’t notice.

Make it look like an accident. Don’t make her notice.

 

/heartbeat/

 

“Oh!” “Ah!”

 

Kyuhyun and Yoona stared at each other, completely unaware that they had both planned to do the same thing. They smiled at one another before turning back to their lesson, keeping their hands touching.

 

At least I reached him.

At least I reached her.

 

 


A/N: And this drabble is done! I'm sorry it's so short. It's all i can think of for now. My mind is empty of ideas for a KyuNa fic. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this short fic and whatever will happen to Kyu and Yoona in this fic, you decide. Use your imagination. Hehe sorry. Thank you :)

 

-x- justchillin -x-