n i n e

The Married Life of Kim Taehyung

n i n e

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTHThFlJGPApNykTVQNvYT

OST:

 

The moment I was about to finally fall asleep, my phone buzzes underneath my pillow. I search for it, and in a heartbeat, I click the answer button when I see Taehyung's photo ID staring down at me.

"Hello? Taehyung?" All traces of fatigue disappear, I sit up on the bed. "Whoa, Yura." Taehyung gasps, "You sound like terrible. Are you sleeping?" My brows furrow in his insensitive remark. I grit teeth, "Listen here, Taehyung. You ignore my text, ignore my call and then have the audacity to ask me if I was sleeping? No, Taehyung. I was not sleeping because I was up all night worried about your ing self, wondering if you died I needed to pick you up in the goddamn morgue!"

Taehyung is rendered speechless. A few moments pass until he collects his composture again. "Yura. I think you should either get some rest or drink some coffee before you call me again, because you obviously aren't thinking straight." He tells me in a perfectly constructed tone as if he was speaking with an important business official rather than his own wife.

"Excuse me. Don't be telling me this because you never pick up your own phone!" I snap back, fire blazing in my words. "Do you know how worried I was? I thought you promised me to let me know if you're staying late or something."

"I got home late at Seonghyun's last night, okay. I thought you were sleeping so I didn't call." Taehyung sighs, and I hear him shift his weight in his leather office chair. "Look, Yura. I'm sorry that I didn't call you. Honey, don't be upset. It's my fault."

My eyes prick with salty tears. There is a volatile silence.

"Yura?" Taehyung softly calls, "Babe? Are you still there?" I force down a small sob. "Y-yeah."

Taehyung breathes in sharply. "Oh, love. Please don't cry. I'm sorry, okay? Don't cry. Smile for me, honey. Smile."

I wipe away the tears before replying. "I'm okay. Really." I assure with a croaking voice.

"Don't lie to me. I'm really, really, really, sorry. I love you and our family more than anything and I never wanted to make you worry or cry." Taehyung gently pleads, "I-I'll make it up to you, love. I promise."

"Taehyung-ah. It's fine. I'm okay, make sure you're eating well and getting lots of sleep." I say, curling into a ball. "I love you, Yura." He tells me. "I love you too." I reply.

+ + +

The door slams.

"Taehyung?" I call hesitantly, slowly getting off the bed. I rub my hands together, bracing for what's to come.

"What the is wrong with those people!? HE FORGOT HIS DAMN LINES AND STILL GETS THE ING ROLE!?" I step into our living room, carefully. Taehyung is a sweet guy, after many years of knowing him, and eventually marrying him, he could never hurt a fly. But his temper is something to be rekoned with. He doesn't take it out on people, he takes it out on objects and puts it into energy instead.  I spot his satchel thrown onto the floor, a thick scriptbook, worn and dog eared slammed onto the table and Taehyung, who is pissing his and looks like he's about to flip the fridge inside out.

"I need ing drink out here!" Taehyung groans and searches the cuboards angrily. I yawn, "Whiskey glasses on the top left. I'll get the ice out." He pulls a rather large cup out, and fills nearly to the brim. I open the freezer and pop out some ice cubes for him. He throws his drink back like a shot. Taehyung places the cup in the sink and brings me into a hold.

"Do you know how hard I worked, practising for that ?" He whispers, his voice thick with emotion. I gently his hair, "Absolutely."

"Yura...do you think I'm not good enough?" He pleads, "Or do you think I'm not working hard enough?"

I shake my head, "You are more than good enough. It's just the stupid producers who don't see your talent and your dedication." I walk him to our bedroom, and he collapses into the bed. He runs his hand through his hair and sighs. I open the drawer and pick out a soft t-shirt for him. I pull off his tie and his shirt. I slip tee over his head and he squirms to kick off his pants.

I smile, and tuck the covers up to his chin. "I love you, honey." He doesn't say anything back because by his soft snores, he's already fast asleep. Collecting his messy clothes, I empty the pockets onto his nightstand and put the clothes into the washing machine. Then, I go and straighten out the living room. 

The pillows are tossed onto the floor, so one by one, I pick it up and dust it off. I stand up and feel myself smile. It's strange admittedly, but it is nice having an actual mess to clean up rather than tracking down dust bunnies. I reach for the thick sheets of paper sprawled onto the mahogany table set in front of the couch. Tucking the script into his one of the flaps in his bag, I grasp his satchel by a tan leather strap and hang it on one of the hooks near the door so he can grab it tomorrow when he leaves for work.

After cleaning up, I have nothing else to do especially since Taeguk and Taekwon is gone until Sunday so I take advantage of that and retire to our bedroom for the night.

The bed feels oddly cramped next to Taehyung, but I don't blame him. He looks like he fell asleep mid-jumping jack. I slip into the covers and stare at the ceiling, long and hard.

What will happen when Taehyung is gone longer? From what Taehyung told me, BTS is going to have a Japan tour that was going to last a couple of months. Taekwon and Taeguk still have to attend school which means I'm going to be without him again.

My pupils dart around, and I feel myself dip in and out of conciousness. Before my eyes can close completely, I steal a glance at Taehyung before darkness pulls me under.

+ + +

I had never been such an avid dreamer. But, tonight, I find myself standing at the exits of Incheon airport. Fangirls and fanboys smother the members of BTS as I wait, far away hidden underneath a medical mask to prevent the ssaesaengs from knowing my identity. I see Taehyung's tired face as he greets the fans, putting on his best goofy smile for the reporters. I mirror his movements, but quicker.

I reconize the BTS tour bus immediately, as from riding in it many times. I select a spot that Taehyung and I usually sit in, but this time, he slides into his seats and doesn't take a glance at me.

"Taehyung." I say and grab his arm. He is as cold as a block of ice. Taehyung pulls out his phone and begins playing a game. "Taehyung! What's wrong? It's me, Yura. Your wife?"

He doesn't seem to hear me.

Usually, shotgun is empty but to my surprise, the door opens and a woman settles into the seat. He smiles brightly at the sight of her. In contrast to my dark hair and side bangs that can be easily written off, this woman's hair already defines her. A kpop star. An idol.

Her hair is styled, dyed a light caramel with electric powder pink tips, and straight bangs. "How was your flight, babe?" She asks bubbily, and puckers up her lips for a selca. Taehyung leans close to her cheek and pecks it. Her iPhone camera clicks multiple times before she finally stops.

"Excuse me, Taehyung. Are you being ing serious?" I half-shout, half-growl.

Again, I'm ignored.

"It was okay, but I'm glad I get to see you before we start rehearsal again." He hums and helps her pick out a filter and beauty settings. Taehyung rests his chin on her shoulder as he talks.

I push them apart. "What do you think you are doing?!"

At first, he is dazed then he blinks into reality.

"Excuse me, but who are you?" The girl asks almost boredly. Taehyung narrows his eyes, "I don't know you."

"What?" I spit, absolutely furious and then the world drops beneath me, and I'm falling.

+ + +

I wake up immediately, sweating.

I let out a breath in ease, "It was all just a dream..."

I turn and glance at Taehyung. He is still asleep in that stupid starfish pose. I reach out to brush a hair out of his face and then lower my head to the pillow again.

I try to find sleep however sleep doesn't visit me again for the rest of the night.


A/N:

Kwon_Minyoung:  bruhh, im so tired... im gonna go nap. (That's all she wrote...-325270)

325270: Hiya guise. 325270 here. Up late cuz I got lots of homework but I'm being a lazy procrastinator...aren't you SO proud. Well, I ended up passing my exam with flying colours so I'm glad for that however I've been really slacking lately. I don't know...hope you all been having an amazing January because I am! Good morning/night! Again, thanks for the support of TMLOKT.

PCE!!

~325270 and Kwon_Minyoung