t e n

The Married Life of Kim Taehyung

t e n

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTHThFlJGPApNykTVQNvYT

I always liked the night. Or rather the early morning where it seems to be night but the daylight is only slowly increasing. It is about 3:56 in the morning and due to the dream, I decided to make myself useful instead of risking the chance of waking Taehyung up by my relentless tossing and turning. The kids come back today and knowing Taehyung's packed schedule, he might have to go back to work again. It was mostly me this weekend and I have done nothing but clean the house and lounge around.

I look out of the window in the guest room. Despite the early hours, the streets are still buzzing with nightlife and illuminating the skies with light pollution. Smiling down at the view, I pull my smartphone out of my pajama pocket. I snap a picture and I am mesmerized by the results, I convert the image to my wallpaper immediately.

I try and sleep but I cannot. My heartbeat accelerates every time I try to lie down, only reminding me of my anxious dream. I have nothing else to do. I tried making tea, but I stupidly drank the caffinated one which only added on top of my unrest. I groan and place the cup on the table. My eyes are heavy, my movements are sluggish but my brain does not allow me to sleep.

I had read about an article about electronics causing disruption to sleep patterns but with my phone in my hands, it is too tempting to go and surf the web. I find myself going through old posts on Taehyung and my social medias, watching his debut performances and viewing the growth of Bangtan over these years.

It's hard to think back and realize that it has been about 7 or 8 years already since we had met.

We had met in university. My friend at the time had introduced us. At first, Taehyung supposedly had a crush on me but it ended upon the time of hearing that I was in a relationship. We had became close friends but I had broken up with my boyfriend about 8 months later and began dating him 2 months later. It wasn't anything special or different.

Out of all the strangest reasons for getting married, we had none. The reason I call myself his wife is because I love him and every bit of his soul. I had a friend get married because she was pregnant with some man's child. They hate each other's faces, but I couldn't imagine being the same as them.

But what happens if Taehyung and I do end up bitter? What if my 'good eye for men' was nothing but a relationship that only lasted longer than others before it went down with the rest of the trainwreck.

I rub my eyes hard. Feeling drowsy, I move my limp arm to set aside my phone. The air conditioning is still on full blast, so I pull a quilt from under me and finally, pass out.

+ + +

My eyes open. It is around 12:00 pm. The TV is on, playing some game show that Taehyung is infactuated with, and the smell of coffee wafts through the apartment. I am no longer sleeping on the couch, however, I am no longer sleeping in general. I am tucked under the warm sheets of our bed, laced with the musky scent of men's bodywash. I breathe out a sigh, and roll over.

I still feel sluggish and do not desire getting out of bed so I lay immobile until I dip into another interval of sleep.

+ + +

It is now 2'o clock. The officetel is silent. I yawn and force myself out of the comfort of my bed. My bones crick and crack as I stretch out my limbs, sastified with the amount of rest. I walk into the bathroom and do my morning routine quickly so I enter our open kitchen and scan the countertops for food.

I only notice Taehyung's signature sticky notes and find a bright green one against a couple of rolls of my favourite kimbap. 'Couldn't sleep?' it reads. But I'm confused so I peel the note off of the plastic wrapping of the kimbap and flip it over. It ends there.

'Couldn't sleep?' and that's it? Where was the 'love you, wifey~' or other cheesy alternative he always included? I decide not to let something as trivial as that ruin my day but rather think that it was nice for Taehyung to pick up some kimbap for me.

My life as a housewife, (Points for the rhymes!), isn't especially interesting but at least I will be there for my children.

I find my phone sitting on the table next to the couch where I left it last night. Grabbing it to send a text to Taehyung, I tap in the words absentmindedly and threw it onto the couch without another glance.

The day passes on simply, I clean up the house and end up spending most of my hours on my phone or watching TV. Eventually Taehyung, Taekwon and Taeguk come home but the kids are too tired to make a mess. Taeguk falls asleep immediately but Taekwon disappears into his room to unpack but then I finally noticed that Taekwon knocked out halfway of unpacking.

"Hey, babe." I ask, tapping him on his shoulder. "Do you want me to cook something or you wanna get delivery?" He grunts some incoherent answer and shakes me off. "Hey, Kim Taehyung." I press firmly, "Do you want something cooked or delivery? Answer me properly."

"Do whatever. I have to go back to work tomorrow anyway." Taehyung blathers. I almost think he sounds annoyed at me. I in a deep breath as Taehyung brushes past me and throws himself onto the couch. 

I fish around for my phone and order standard delivery with kimchi fried rice and 2 orders of black bean noodles. 10 minutes later, Taehyung and I are eating in silence. "Hey, Yura." He speaks after a while.

"Mm?"

"I just wanted to say that...-"

Sorry for being such a ? I think sharply.

"-starting tomorrow, I have a bunch of acting auditions and prep for the BTS 4th Japan Tour so I'll be home late or end up crashing at someone's." Taehyung finishes simply and resumes eating, nothing like I imagined. "Yeah, okay." I say and swirl the noodles with my wooden chopsticks. "Yo, what's your problem?" Taehyung asks. My fingertips tingle with irritation. "What?" I manage to reply. A response without snapping back at him or being rude.

"You've been pissed for some reason. Are you on your period or something?" He casually states. "Excuse me, Taehyung. But using a female's period cycle is not a legitimate reason!" I spit at him, "You asked me what my problem is? What about you? You've been such an all day!" I smash the bowl into the bucket of dirty dishes the restraunt provided. "I'm just asking." He counters, "You don't need to be so overly sensitive. Besides, you should be quiet. You'll wake up the kids."

Scoffing, I storm into the bedroom and shut the door behind me. I sink into the bed and the moment my eyelids flutter close, I knock out.

 


A/N:

Kwon_Minyoung: Annyeonghasyo!! Long time no see, wonderful readers!~ Ahaha, you must of starting seeing it cuz we've begin to hit the rough parts ;DD But for my life so farr, it has been ok lately. Nothing different but same old, same old. And the same old is SCHOOL. I wanna thank y'all for supporting our slow turtle of a fanfic and i hope to see more supporters! Feel free to drop some comments! :3 Mostly 325270 is more active than me, but Im the worsee but i promise to get to y'all! <3 PS, do any of you have experience with crushing on a shy guy? HOW DO YOU KNOW IF THEY LIKE YOU?!! 

325270: Hey guise ^^ I hope you are doing well with your studies and stuffs :) Lots of snow here in Canada so that's good because I can bundle up in my scarf, toque and my parka :DD My volleyball tournament is tomorrow and I hope you guys can wish me and my team the best of luck. I hope you all had a good Valentine's Day/Single Awareness Day even if you were celebrating by yourself, with a partner or with family and friends. I spent it reading Naruto, crying (because of Naruto), and eating chocolate...TT^TT Well, I hope to catch you guise soon with comments or next chapter! A dinner and a shower is waiting for me. I MUST GO! BAIII \\(OuO)