e i g h t

The Married Life of Kim Taehyung

A/N: PLS READ MEHH (Titled by Kwon_Minyoung)

Before, we start, I think you guys have noticed that the poster and background is gone...so um...awkward...but we apologize for that and it's getting fixed, we won't have the same one, however change is good! Please stay tuned for the new revamp of TMLOKT!~ <3

Okay, so post-recieving new poster from Sou/sophomoric @ crime coefficient, for some reason AFF is not letting me change the main image! I keep pasting on the new URL but somehow it keeps reverting back to the old one and it's getting me so frustrated, so if anyone knows how to fix it or where I should report this bug/glitch please let us know via the comment section below!

~Kwon_Minyoung & 325270


e i g h t

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTHThFlJGPApNykTVQNvYT

"You aren't coming home again?" I sigh into my cell phone, rolling my eyes.

"Yeah, Yura. I'm sorry. I'm just seriously busy at work." Taehyung explains, feeling my frustration.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not clingy, it's just that he hasn't been home in almost a week. It's hard taking care of Taeguk and Taekwon alone. Taekwon is really good but he needs a certain amount of attention a day that I'm not meeting for him and Taeguk is a little ball of fire. She's always touching things, grabbing dirty objects and putting them in . Between stopping Taeguk who is trying eat my earring and Taekwon showing me his drawing of a dinosaur, I feel like combusting into flames.

Taehyung has it easy. I have no idea what he's complaining for.

"I know." I groan and run a hand through my hair.

"I love you, okay?"

"I love you too." I tell him back.

"I'll...uh, see you soon, love."

"Alright." I say slowly but I know that's not true. He hangs up on me, and I tap out of the call. Tossing the phone onto the bed, I feel fatigue and stress chewing away at me. I don't know if I'll be able to hold the fort down any longer.

I drag myself into the shower and hurry to clean myself. Back then, I loved long and steamy showers, I still do, but I don't have the time for it anymore. I quickly dress myself into some yoga pants and a tank top for the night.

Taeguk and Taekwon are both asleep so I use my headphones to go play some music while I pack Taekwon's lunch tomorrow. He doesn't have a big appetite and isn't picky so I am able to accomplish the task quickly and pack it away in the fridge for tomorrow.

I glance down at my iPod, and realize it's only the shy of 11pm. I have nothing else to do so I decide to go hit the sack early.

In bed, I am unable to go to sleep. My body had adjusted to the fewer sleeping hours so the idea of sleeping at 11 is completely foreign. However, I it up and attempt to sleep anyway.

+ + +

The next morning, I'm up at 6 am sharp, ready to charge into the day ahead of me. I do some chores around the house like cleaning the bedroom, bathroom and kitchen before I wake up Taekwon.

Taeguk had slept for longer hours in between each meal so I had a good sleep.

Everything runs ahead schedule so Taekwon is at school at least 30 minutes earlier than he usually is so he can prep for his day and Taeguk hasn't tried to eat a house plant yet so I count that as another small victory in life.

"Going to sleep early really does you wonders." I murmur as I finish changing Taeguk's diaper. My phone begins buzzing and I set Taeguk down into her crib before answering my phone.

"Hello?" I answer. "Good morning, Yura-ah! It's umma!" Taehyung's mom cries into the phone, her voice is cheery but a little grainy. "Oh, annyeong, umma." I greet, a little tiredly. "How are you doing?" She asks. "Uh, okay, I guess." I smile a little, "Taehyung's been really busy at work so he hasn't come home in a while."

"Oh, my poor daughter." She cooes, "Also I wonder if I could have Taekwon and Taeguk over this weekend! Your appa has been a bit grouchy since he hasn't seen his granddaughter yet."

A lightness dances on my chest, "Really? Thank you, umma. When can you pick up Taeguk?"

A hearty chortle comes out of the reciever. "Oh, about 20 minutes. See you then, Yura-ah."

Time and I are best friends. I am able to go get dressed in presentable attire, fix up the apartment and pack 2 overnight bags for my kids in 18 minutes just right before my mother-in-law comes.

She stays for a little and drops off some extra food she made before she leaves with Taeguk and the bags. I now have a whole weekend to myself.

I spend it first on a nice, relaxing shower. Then, I dress myself in some black leggings and a short sleeved purple knit tunic. I don't bother to blow dry my hair, so I opt to braid it and twirl it into a clean and simple bun that way I don't have to style it further into the week. I am still thinking about efficiency even though my kids are at their grandparent's place. 

My first stop is a shopping mall to get some more clothes.

I am quick and descive with my future attire and next thing you know it, I am already searching up directions to the nearest grocery store. I buy what I need and what I think I am running out on and get out of there in 20 minutes, mind you, I did have some trouble bringing groceries to car without an extra set of hands to help me out.

I had accomplished all my errands and decide to reward myself with a cup of coffee at me and Taehyung's favourite cafe. I pull into a parking spot a few blocks away from the cafe, but instead of thinking of it as a hinderance, I've come to think of it as daily physical activity. The sun is bright and unfortunately, I didn't bring my sunglasses. So I improvise by bringing my hand up to my forehead to shield the rays as I stride down the sidewalk, careful not to bump into anyone passing by.

The cafe is just as I remember it despite not being there in about half a year, a narrow hall that reveals itself to be a large area with an open kitchen and upper floors. I order a mocha with a pump of vanilla syrup and whipped cream along with an earl grey cupcake. I opt to go to the upper floor where Taehyung and my favourite booth is located, and when I get there it is empty so I welcome myself there, wedging myself farther down the booth.

I was about halfway done my mocha until I heard some shuffling and words being exchanged. "There's no one there! C'mon, let's go sit!"

"Oh."

I look up and see a young woman dressed in formal business attire, a woman who is wearing way too much makeup in rather skimpy clothing, a short guy with dyed hair and glasses, and then, Taehyung.

"Hey, Yura-ah." He greets, with a wry smile. I nod, "Lunch break?"

"Just with some co-workers." Taehyung adds casually and slides into the seat next to me. "Guys, this is my wife, Yura." The other three cram into the other seat, and the women look shocked. "Wife? You don't mention her a lot, Taehyung-sshi."

Taehyung only shrugs and takes a huge bite into his pastry. I study him closely, he clearly wants someone to change the topic.

"Well, Yura-sshi, what do you work as?" The guy with glasses inquires, "Oh, I am Jung Seonghyun, by the way."

I swallow and tell him. "I have master's degree in science however both my in-laws and parents decided that I should be a stay at home mother instead."  

Inferiority flashes in Seonghyun's eyes but disappears so quickly that you have to question whether it was there or not. "Oh, okay. That's good. When are you born?"

I smile. "January 30th, 1995. I am exactly 11 months older than Taehyung. You?"

"Ah, haha, I am born on April 17th, 1997." Seonghyun chuckles a bit. I flash another polite smile, and take a sip of the mocha. The atmnosphere is volatile, so I take my leave. Taehyung leans in for a kiss goodbye, and I peck him quickly before scurrying out of the booth and into the safe haven of my Toyota.

As I walk away, in the corner of my I note that the women stare at me with a gleaming intent dancing in their beady eyes. After locating my car, I fire up the engine and cruise back home.

Fumbling with my keys, I jiggle the key into the lock and the door clicks open. I toss my purse onto the couch along with the shopping bags and heave the groceries to the kitchen, as I kick the door shut.

The fridge is packed with fruits and vegetables, and my new clothes are folded, de-tagged and put away. I crash onto the couch and spend the rest of my day on the TV.

I lazily glance up at the clock and see it's a little past 7'o clock, I fish out my phone tucked in my bag, and a vomit of receipts follows. I groan and jam them back in after I unlock my phone.

There is no word from Taehyung, but I take up the initiative to call him. The dialtone drones on and on in my ears, so I sigh, and end the call. I text him and ask him if he's coming home, and set down the phone before tapping into another season.

It is now 9'o clock. I purse my lips in worry, and check my phone. My phone is silent as a brick. No call back, no reply. Nothing, just a measly 'read' notification.

I groan and punch in digits. This time, it's not Taehyung's, it's the fried chicken place because I am in no mood to cook something. The chicken is delicious, and I finish it eagerly.

With nothing but bones left, I clean up the mess and call it a night. I attempt to sleep, but as I constantly check my phone, worried if Taehyung got into an accident or something terrible has happened.

After what seems like eternity and a half, the golden sun's rays pour into the room through our blinds, illuminating every speck of dust floating around our room. My phone is silent, the other side of the bed cold, and the sound of ringing buzzes in my ears. I decided I couldn't take it anymore, and flop into the bed like a paper doll, every bit of energy sapped.

I didn't care anymore, so until Taehyung got home, let's call this 'before the fight'.


A/N:

Kwon_Minyoung:  MIANHAEEE!!! Sorry for the 3 month long wait for the next update TT^TT!!! 325270 and I have been busy, more 325270 because she's studying for a big exam so wish her good luck that she'll ace it, but deep down I know she's procrastinating XD I hope you all liked this chapter, and I wanted to thank you all for your continuous and undying support! I also hope you like the new poster, although you can't see it as the main image for some technical reasons, you can still view it before our chapter! <3

325270: Sup guise...it's been a while ^^ I hope you guys had a nice December, as New Years is on this Friday :) My life outside AFF is pretty good. Not much has been really happening since I'm just kind of busy now >//< So, uh, yeah! I hope you all have an amazing 2016 and wish you guys the best in the upcoming year!

~Kwon_Minyoung & 325270