s i x

The Married Life of Kim Taehyung

s i x

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTHThFlJGPApNykTVQNvYT

 

08. 08

On a exceptionally cold rainy August night with dazzling arcs of pure white lightning streaking across the dark Seoul sky, Kim Taeguk came screaming and crying into this world to a sobbing father with snot beginning to drip out of his nose as he stared at his daughter in awe, and an exhausted mother that despite her appearance, her eyes were twinkling in excitement as the nurse let her hold her child wrapped in pink blankets.

 

 

"My gosh, Tae..." I say, my voice trembling as I cradle her slowly in my arms. Taeguk suddenly stops screaming bloody murder and comes to a peaceful slumber, her breaths quiet. "She's beautiful." 

In a hushed voice, Taehyung leans in and his jaw becomes agape. Tears well up in his chocolate orbs. "She looks so much like you..."

This is a child.

This is life.

This is a living, breathing being.

This is our daughter.

"Can I?" My husband asks, his eyes still fixed on Taeguk. I slowly let Taehyung take over as I shift into my pillow. I wince. Although Taeguk is my second child, the pain from labour hasn't been anymore lenient ever since Taekwon's birth. Taehyung notices the flash of pain on my features and tells me to rest. Nodding, I then sink deeper into the pillows and finally let my eyelids flutter a few times before closing completely shut.

+ + +

"Congrats on the baby girl!" My mother-in-law says, kissing my cheek. "Taeguk-ah is so cute! She looks like an angel!" I smile as Taehyung buts in and adds cockily, "Takes after her gorgeous father."

"Aish, you shut up, TaeTae!" Umma snaps, waving him off.

"Oh, who's a cute little Taeguk?" I hear Jungkook say in a baby voice, "You are!"

I frown at all of Taehyung's closest friends surrounding my daughter and tell him, "Jungkook-ah, Taeguk's sleeping. Don't you dare wake her up!"

"I wanna see! I wanna see my baby sister! I wanna see, Uncle Jungkook!" Taekwon pesters with a-too-cute-to-resist-pout, tugging at Jungkook's dark denim jeans. "Alright, alright, kiddo." Jungkook sighs, but he never takes his eyes off of Taeguk. The older male kneels and Taekwon's face immediately lights up like a Christmas tree being plugged in.

"This is Tae-guk?" Taekwon asks, slowly looking up at Taehyung and I.

I nod, gently. "Yes, dear. Now, come here for a second."

Taekwon padded over as Taehyung lifts him onto the hospital bed.

"Okay, listen here, buddy." I start softly, "When we bring your sister home, she's going to be a lot of work, okay, Taekwon? Mommy and Daddy can't always pay attention to you. Just remember that, Taekwon-ah. It doesn't mean that Mommy and Daddy love you any less. Taekwon, you're the big brother so you protect your little sister, okay? You help her if she needs it. Understand?"

Taekwon stares up in big brown doe eyes, remarkably like a deer, and blinks a few times, taking in what I said. He nods, "Okay..."

I smile, "That's my boy." I lean in and give him a kiss on the cheek as Taehyung kisses the other.

"We love you." Taehyung and I chorus as Taekwon slids off of the bed. "I love you too." Taekwon replies and heads back to Taeguk.

His big brown eyes sparkle at the sight of his little sister.

"Say something." Seokjin prompts softly as Taekwon continues to gape.

It takes him a moment to conjure some words. But when he does, it comes spilling out of his mouth. "Hi, Taeguk-dongsaengie. I'm your big brother, Taekwon oppa! Um, when you're all big up, let's go to the park with mommy, arraseo?"

Jungkook has given Taeguk to Hoseok to hold, and the youngest male leans over and pats Taekwon on the head. "Be a good big brother!"

Taekwon stares back. "You be a good uncle."

Jungkook laughs awkwardly, "I'm not that old, kiddo."

"To me you are!"

"I wanna see my new kid! I wanna see my new kid!" Taehyung cheers as he runs and plucks Taeguk out of J-Hope's hands.

"Yah!" He calls, insulted.

"Too bad!" Taehyung jeers, sticking out his tongue. "It's my wittle baby girl!"

I question my husband's choice of words. "Wittle?"

"Yup!" He grins back.

I yawn and snuggle into my pillow before falling asleep.

+ + +

A few days passed.

Taehyung unlocks our door with ease, and holds it open while I slowly walk into our apartment.

I immediately bring her to our bedroom where a circular crib awaits sleeping Taeguk. She is nestled between a stuffed panda bear, a cuddly teddy bear and a fluffy light pink sheep.

I personally love the sheep because Taehyung, Taekwon and I have a set. Taehyung and mine is pure cream coloured that is 5 times the size of Taeguk's, I call it the snuggle sheep. Taekwon's is a lot smaller, but a little bigger than Taeguk's and it's blue.

When we're older, I want a family portrait of us and the sheeps. Taehyung totally agrees with me.

Taehyung appears next to me, and brings me into his warm arms.

"Thank you for loving me. Thank you for marrying me. Thank you for having our children." He whispers, as I smile and kiss him softly. Our lips part and there is a gentle silence before I tell him that he's ridiculous.

No more words are exchanged, just the soft breathes of our daughter, and ourselves.

He slowly rests his forehead on mine and we stay like that in what seems like forever.

 


A/N:

325270: Long time no see! We hope you like this chapter <3 There are 12 more days until school starts! UGH >< Recently the weather has been a lot colder and I'm like, SUN, WHERE DID YOU GO? I hope all has been good with you lovely readers and if school has started, I hope that the work load isn't stressful! Not much has been happening lately other than the fact that I'm having too much bubble tea for my own good :D

Kwon_Minyoung: YO PEEPS! WASSUP? I know we've been gone for like 2 months but I have an excuse! My relatives were visiting and stuff so my fam and I had to do touristy stuff with them. Ehh, everything was okay but eek! Where did the summer go? You know, with so little time left you think I would be like, yeah let's do things but nope, I'm at home rolling in my bed whining and stuffing my mouth with junk food. ARGH! Thanks for the support and we love you guys!