What about my place?

For the better

Another week passed us by. Both mine and Luhan's scars healed well and we were finally allowed to move freely again without the fear of tearing the wounds open.  

 

We spent most of our time together in our room, cuddling, talking and fooling around. Sometimes we'd entertain the younger children at the same floor by playing hide-and-seek or cards together with them, but there is only so much screaming and hyperactivity one can take. 

 

The boys visited us a couple of times as well, but Suho had yet to come back with them. I guess he still was scared of frightening Luhan again even though I've tried convincing him that everything that had happened that day was a big misunderstanding. 

In the end, I had to make Chanyeol promise me to drag Suho here in a body bag if he so had to. He couldn't put off this visit forever. Plus, I missed my friend a lot. 

 

The whole gang, except for Chanyeol and Suho, arrived at lunch-time the day after I had called Chanyeol. As usual, Tao was all over Luhan, pinching his cheeks (like he would do to me before Luhan came into the picture) and playing around with him, completely ignoring Sehuns' jealous glares in the background. In the end, Sehun gave up on ever gaining back Tao's attention while Luhan was still in the same room, and decided to play on his phone with Baekhyun instead. 

 

Kai and D.O sat on Luhan's unoccupied bed, Kai back hugging D.O while said boy rested his head on his boyfriends' firm chest. Of course I didn't miss out on the opportunity to take a couple of pictures to send to the rest of the gang later. D.O was probably going to kill me. 

Kris and Lay joined Tao and Luhan, chattering on in rapid Chinese while laughing in between sentences. I don't think I've ever heard anyone talk so fast. I felt a small pang of jealousy, seeing Luhan enjoying their company so much, but at the same time I was really happy that Luhan seemed to be more comfortable with my friends now. I really hope that we can all hang out together like this in the future. 

 

And I should really take my time to learn Chinese just so that I can make sure that those three blabber-mouths doesn't try to steal my Lulu away from me. 

 

The door suddenly opened and in walked Chanyeol followed by a Suho who was hiding behind his back. 

 

"See Xiumin hyung! I got him here like I promised to. Now get off my back you big baby, I have my boyfriend to attend to". 

 

In one swift move Chanyeol was by his boyfriend and Suho was left on his own, standing frozen in the doorway. He looked like a frightened animal, his eyes looking anywhere but at any of us, finally deciding that his shoes was a very interesting object to study. 

 

I don't know when Luhan moved, but suddenly he was walking up to Suho, standing in front of him.  

 

"What are you standing here for? Come on and join us".  

 

To say I was shocked had to be an understatement. Luhan was pulling Suho into our room by the hand, looking nervous as hell but he did it none the less. After seating Suho on one of the chairs he went back to his old self, hiding behind my back while peaking at the person he had just led in.  

Feeling proud om my baby Lu I patted him on the head as a reward, putting an arm around his small waist and holding him close to my side. 

 

"I´m so proud of you"  

My whisper obviously made him blush, but I just found that adorable. 

 

"It was nothing...But what if I can´t even speak to him? What if he hates me for what I did last time?" 

 

"Suho would never hate you Luhan. He's the one being worried about how you feel about him coming here. Chanyeol had to drag him all the way here you know?" 

 

He didn't reply this time, but I felt the small nod against my shoulder. I giggled a little at his cute antics. How did I manage to score such a cute boyfriend? 

 

"Ummm... Luhan right?" 

We all looked at Suho as he spoke up, turned towards Luhan this time. Luhan only peeked out from behind me and nodded. 

 

"I-I just want to say I'm sorry for upsetting you last time. I don't really know what I did but... I'm really really sorry okay?" 

 

"It's not your fault. You just look like someone I used to know. Someone who... I don't get along with exactly". 

 

Everybody, including Suho, nodded in understanding and thankfully nobody pressed the matter any further.  

After talking and laughing for a couple of hours, a nurse came to inform that all visitors had to leave, and everybody told their goodbyes and left. Suho even ruffled Luhans' hair before he went, and Luhan gave him a small giggle in return, faking a pout and scolding Suho for messing up his precious hair. Suho laughed back at him, before waiving and leaving with the others. 

 

When everybody had finally left, Luhan and I stayed in bed cuddling together, when suddenly I remembered something. 

 

"Luhan". 

 

"Mmm what is it?". 

 

"How would you feel about... tell me if you don't like my idea okay?" 

 

"I can't tell you if I like it or not unless you tell me".  

He giggled at me, obviously amused. 

 

"Well... How would you feel about... m-moving into m-my apartment?" 

 

He moved away from my side, sitting up and looking me straight in the eye. 

 

"W-what? Could I really? Move in with you? Wouldn't I be a bother to you?" 

 

"Luhan, how could you possibly be a bother to me? We've been together 24 hours a day here at the hospital and you've practically been glued to my hip the entire time. And you’re my boyfriend for heavens' sake! How could I not like it to have you with me all day?" 

 

"Well... In the hospital we have to stay together. And here you only have me, but when we get out of here you'll have all of your friends and such so you won't need me by your side all the time anymore. Plus, I'm not good at socializing at all and I have no friends so I'll depend on you a lot and then you'll grow sick of me and..." 

 

"Luhan relax okay? I'm not going to grow sick of you. How could you ever grow sick of someone as cute as you huh? And I don't mind if you need my undivided attention because I'll be more than happy to give that to you. And I couldn't care less about your socializing skills. We can't all be social butterflies and party-animals now can we? And you do have friends now Luhan, the entire gang has grown really fond of you. Tao has basically adopted you as his baby son ever though he's younger than you! So don't worry about it Luhan. It'll be alright, so please come and stay at my place?" 

 

"I guess I can... If you're really sure? Like 100% sure?" 

 

I answered him by leaning forward and planting a small kiss on his lips, making him blush an adorable shade of shock-pink. 

 

"Definitely". 

 

After our little agreement, we continued our day as we always would, staying close together, cuddling.  

 

But our little sea of peace didn't last for very long I'm afraid. 

That night I woke up after hearing whimpering noises. It didn't take a genius to understand that the noises had to come from the only other occupant of the room, Luhan. 

Looking down to where Luhan was nestled between my shoulder and chin, I could see a thin layer of sweat covering his forehead and neck, and it only took seconds before he whimpered once again. 

Softly his hair, which by now was wet with sweat, I bent down to lean my forehead against his. My guess was right, he was sporting a quite high fever. 

 

"Lulu baby, wake up for me". 

 

The eyes of my baby deer opened, but barely enough for him to be able to see anything. 

 

"Lulu look at me. Come on you can do it". 

 

Being the obedient boy he is, Luhan forced his eyes open to follow my request. 

Big brown eyes, glazed over by the fever, stared up at me, but I could tell that even if his gaze was fixed on me, his mind was elsewhere probably a bit fuzzy. 

 

"I'm going to bring you over to your own bed or else we'll both get really sick okay? And then I'm going to call for a nurse to come in and check on you. It'll be alright Lulu". 

 

Untangling myself from his loose grip on me I stood up and went over to his side of the bed, lifting him into my arms before carrying him over to his own bed.  

Once I had tucked him in with as many blankets the room could provide I pressed the button to alert the staff. While waiting I sat down on the chair by his bed, but not before remembering to put his teddy bear by his head.  

 

A couple of seconds later a nurse came in, and after checking on him and giving him some medicines and fever-reducers, she left. I stayed by his side a little longer, his hair and humming his favourite songs to him in order to make him fall asleep again. 

 

Onve he did, I went back to my own bed in order to get some rest. 

Wishing for Luhan to get well soon one last time, I then snuggled into my own blankets, waiting for the next day to come so that I could stay by my little deer again. 

 

 

 

A/N: Hello everyone!  

So this became a little shorter chapter, but the next one will be longer I promise.  

My last week of tests before summer-vacation is coming up so I won't have that much time to write, but I'll try to publish the next chapter as soon as possible. I also have to update my other ongoing story so please be patient. I'm trying my best to juggle between different stories and still try to produce good chapters that you'll enjoy.  I hope you'll understand.  

 

See you guys soon!