The gang

For the better

Waking up from another one of my afternoon naps, with Luhan glued to my side of course, I expected to be blinded by another dose of annoying sunlight.

 

What I didn´t expect was to stare right into a pair of big brown eyes, which certainly weren´t Luhans´.

 

I was about to scream my lungs out, when the figure in front of me lauged and covered my mouth with one of his gigantic hands.

 

 

Hold on... gigantic?

 

 

”Chanyeol? Jesus christ are you trying to give me another heart-attack?! I thought Luhan was in charge of that by now” I sat up, smacking his arm for (almost) scaring me to death.

 

He just laughed at me, letting me punch him as if I was a toddler and he was a parent who wouldn´t let me buy a new toy at the market.

 

”Take it easy there man. You´re gonna wake little blondie here up by moving so much” he said, making his point clear by pointing a finger at Luhan, who was beginning to move around by my side.

 

That´s when I realized that Chanyeol now had seen me and Luhan sleep together in the same bed, cuddling as well. Feeling my cheeks heat up, I tried to come up with something that´d sound reasonable, but in the end I gave up and just hid my face in my hands in embarressment.

He must have understood my random actions, because he just laughed again and ruffled my hair.

 

”Hyung, it´s fine seriously. I figured that you liked your roommate a little too much for it to be concidered normal the day you ordered that teddybear through me. Besides, he´s really cute as well! The others will certainly love him as well” he said, clearly enthusiastic about me and Luhan...

 

 

Wait a minute.

 

 

”Chanyeol, me and Luhan are not in a relationship you know. We´re just friends”

 

”Yeah and you see me sleep in the same bed as my friends on a daily basis right” he scoffed, snickering at me.

 

”You and Baekhyun sleep in the same bed all the time!”

 

”Hyung, he´s my boyfriend”

 

”Exactly, so as I was sayi... Boyfriend!?!”

 

”Well now I understand why you didn´t congratulate me the minute you woke up. I at least thought that you checked all the social networks while you´re locked up in here. It´s not like you don´t have your phone”.

He was clearly amused by my baffled expression, holding back his laughter as I stared at him.

 

”Since how long...?”

 

”Oh only for a couple of days but I´m the happiest man on earth. I can´t believe we´ve been liking one-another for over a year without saying anything. It´s sick when you think about it really”.

 

By the look on his face I could tell that he was far off in dreamland where only Baekhyun, unicorns and rainbows existed. Oh it´s a lovely world Chanyeol lives in.

 

 

While Chanyeol kept on blabbering about his lovely boyfriend, I felt movement by my side.

Looking down I was met by the ultimate cutey-pie face of Luhan waking up from his sleep.

Poking his cheek over and over again, I let out a tiny chuckle when he knitted his eyebrows together in annoyance at the intruder, lifting a hand to get rid of it.

When I retreated my hand, leaving him with no catch, he settled for rubbing his sleepy eyes instead.

 

`When he does that he resambles a cat more than a deer´

 

After a good rubbing, he finally opened his eyes and looked up at me, giving me a tiny smile.

 

”Rise and shine sleeping beauty” I teased, ruffling his tussled hair.

 

”Good morning Xiumin” he said, yawning so big that all his little teeth were visible.

 

 

 

 

 

*Click *

 

 

 

 

With reflexes like lightning I turned towards the sound, finding Chanyeol there holding his phone, facings us.

 

”Chanyeol... What do you think you´re doing?” I asked him, my voice already death-threatning him.

 

”Oh just taking a picture as proof to send to Kris, Kai and Sehun. None of them believed my theory of our little hyung finally finding a boyfriend. This should be proof enough”

 

”Chanyeol, I already told you that...”

 

”And good morning to you Luhan. I see that you like the present Xiumin-hyung ordered for you huh?” Chanyeol said, advancing towards us one more time.

 

Once again showing his shy side, Luhan hid behind my back as much as he could, and just nodded at Chanyeols question. This didn´t seem to bother the giant though, as he just chuckled at Luhans´cuteness.

 

”Damn you really found a cute one didn´t you hyung? The others will be delighted to meet him as well. And since you obviously refuse to check your phone I´m just going to inform you that I´ll be back with the others in about three hours. Make sure that your little angel is at his cutest!” he declared, before making a mock bow and running out the door.

 

As the door closed with a thud, I turned to Luhan who was spoting a very obvious blush, making him look identical to a tomato.

 

`Well done Chanyeol, well done´ I thought to myself, but at the same time I thought that the blush definetely made Luhan look even cuter.

 

Patting him on the back, I was beginning to wonder how Luhan would react towards my friends.

All of them have very bright and loud personalities, extroverts to the core.

 

That´s when it hit me that maybe Luhan wouldn´t like hanging out with my friends at all, from the aspect that he´d be the only intovert in the group.

Would my friends even be able to keep out of his personal space long enough for him to become comfortable with all of them?

 

I must have looked extremely worried, because I soon felt a tug on me sleeve, making me turn towards him where we sat on my bed.

 

”Are you sad Xiumin? Was it because I couldn´t even talk to your friend? I´m sorry that I´m not very good with people, I´ll try harder from now on okey?” he declared, looking at me with determination in his eyes.

 

For some reason his little declaration made me smile. How he was willing to face something he was clearly uncomfortable with in order to make me happy was quite touching, I have to admit.

Taking his hand into mine, I drew small patterns on the back of his hand with my thumb.

 

”No Luhan, I´m not upset because of you. Actually I´m a bit worried. Do you think you´ll be alright with meeting my friends? They´re quite outgoing, goofy and loud all of them I guess. Won´t you be too uncomfortable?” I asked him, looking at him with concern.

 

A small smile played on his lips as he shook his head `no` before taking me into his embrace.

 

”Thank you for worrying about me Xiumin, but I´ll be alright. I promise. You´ll be with me right? I can always hide behing your back if I need to”

 

We both giggled as we stayed like that for a while, just hugging and enjoying one anothers´warmth.

 

 

The hours passed by quickly, and it wasn´t long before the door opened to reveal most of my friends standing outside, bags wirh gifts, flowers and food in their hands.

I felt Luhan move closer to my side where we sat (again) on my bed, and I squeezed his hand in silent comfort for what was about to come.

I was proud of Luhan for being so brave, because I knew how nervous he actually was for all of this even though he didn´t want to show it to me.

 

 

”Hyung! Why haven´t you been answering my texts you bad bad person!”

Of course it was Tao, whining as soon as he set foot into the room.

 

”I´m sorry Tao. I´ve had.... other things to do” I told him, as I didn´t want to be too obvious about the fact that Luhan had been stealing most of my time and attention during my whole stay at the hospital.

 

Tao frowned at me, but the frown quickly turned into a big bright smile when his eyes settled on the little deer sitting beside me.

 

”OMG OMG he´s so freaking cute! Sehun have you ever seen someone so cute!? Just look at him seriously! Oh, I just have to take a selca with him right now! Can I, can I!??!”

 

To say that Tao immediately took a liking to Luhan was an understatement.

He absolutely adored him, making his boyfriend Sehun jealous by cooing over everything Luhan did.

He even told him that his breathing was cute.

At least he calmed down a little bit when Luhan agreed to taking a selca with him.

 

The rest of the gang went a little easier on him, having heard from Chanyeol about Luhans´ shy character. But Chanyeol still made it his lifetime mission to declare to the world that me and Luhan were a couple, Kai ruffled Luhan´s hair so much that I was afraid he was goint to rip it off and Baekhyun almost scared Luhan to death by blowing air at his neck.

Chen also made it a point to tease me about ordering the teddybear to Luhan, making Luhan hug it even tighter in case Chen was up to something.

 

 

Oh my Luhan is so wise, knowing a prankster when he sees one.

 

 

Sehun, Kyungsoo, Kris and Lay respected Luhans´ space the most, making small-talk with him without teasing him (since he got enough of that from the rest of the gang) and smiled approvingly at him whenever he spoke, encouraging him to talk more.

 

We were all in the middle of a eating and chatting away when the door opened to reveal the missing guest who we had been waiting for.

 

”Sorry I´m late. Getting here in the lunch-rush was pure hell, I assure you” Suho said, taking off his jacket and dumping it on a nearby chair.

Grabbing a small yellow gift bag in one hand and a green in the other, he made his way towards me and Luhan.

 

”When Chanyeol sent me the picture of you two being so cute together I just had to get you guys some gifts for brightening my day. Chanyeol was right, he really is a cutie” he said, holding the gifts out for us to take, ruffling Luhans´hair as I relieved his hand from one of the bags.

 

 

That´s when everything went incredibly wrong.

 

 

 

As Suho´s hand made contact with Luhans´ hair, Luhan let out a scream, jolting backwards from the bed until he fellt to the floor. His head would´ve made contact with the floor if Lay hadn´t been ther to catch him. Luhan fought against Lay though, and in the blink of an eye he was curled up at the other side of the room. He was crying, bawling really, screaming things I couldn´t understand.

Lay, Tao and Kris understood him though, looking back and forth between Luhan and Suho with wide eyes, and I had a feeling that whatever Luhan was screaming right now wasn´t any good.

 

Suho, thinking that he had done something wrong, tried to squat in front of Luhan.

At first Luhan didn´t notice him, too busy crying into his knees, but he did once Suho spoke.

 

”Aigoo I´m sorry that I scared you Luhan. When Chanyeol told me you were shy I didn´t know he meant it like this. You really don´t like stranger huh?” he said in a gentle voice, trying to calm Luhan down.

 

 

It didn´t work.

 

 

”GET AWAY FROM ME! YOU PROMISED TO LEAVE ME ALONE! YOU PROMISED NOT TO TOUCH ME ANYMORE! GET AWAY!”

 

Luhan was all out screaming now, his voice reaching completely new levels and I was glad that there seemed to be no nurses at this floor at the moment.

 

Luhan suddenly became quiet, maybe tired from all the screaming and crying.

Then he began crying again mumbling to himself in a quiet voice.

 

”Please don´t hurt me. I didn´t mean for him to die. I promise I didn´t. Please stop this. I don´t want to do this anymore. It hurts...”

 

I chose to approach him at that moment, hugging himwith his face into my chest so that he couldn´t see Suho, who clearly was the one who had triggered the outburst.

 

Chanyeol, my angel at that moment, told everyone that it may be for the best if they all left us alone. Promising me to come back tomorrow, alone this time, he put an arm around the clearly upset Suho who wouldn´t stop crying, confused about why Luhan had reacted so strongly towards him.

Chanyeol hugged him as they made their way out of the room, closing the door as they left.

 

 

 

When they were gone out the door I directed my attention towards Luhan, who had stopped sobbing and now had silent tears falling from his eyes.

Scooping him up into my arms I carried him to my bed, pulling the blanket up over both of us and hugged him closely to my chest.

 

”Xiumin... Please don´t leave me alone. You won´t leave me right? Please tell me you won´t” he suddenly begged me in such a broken voice, that it took all my willpower for me not to start crying as well.

 

 

”I promised you that before, didn´t I Luhan? I won´t leave you, I promise”

 

He nodded his haid, I could feel it, before he drifted up to sleep, having drained all of his energy.

 

 

I didn´t fall asleep for a very long time, wondering why everything so suddenly turned to wrong.

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: I promised I´d update and I did (I should seriously be studying for the testI have tomorrow but what to do what to do).

I hope you all liked the chapter. Finally Luhan got to meet the gang, even if it didn´t end so well.

 

Are you guys curious? *wink wink *

 

Don´t forget to subscribe and leave a teeny-tiny comment down below? ^^

 

See you guys soon!(If I survive my tests that is....)