Leaving.

Just Be Friends

I woke up panting and sweating,  I looked around and sighed.

A dream, just a dream.

I checked my phone to see there was a number of messages and missed calls. Then I realised what day it was.

Now, I've definitely woken up to a nightmare.

I fell back down to my bed and kicked my feet in the air.

Today is the day we move to Jeju.

I got back up and dragged my feet to the bathroom.

Just get through a few hours then I can freak. Yeah, that's a good deal.

I grabbed my towel and slammed the bathroom door shut.

~~

"Aya! Are you finished getting dressed? You can't stay up there forever, at least eat breakfast honey.'" My mother shouted up from the bottom of the stairs.

"Fine." I muttered.

I went downstairs, ignoring her anyways.

She stood, leaning against the frame of the door.

"Aya, how long are you gonna keep this up?" She asked, her arms crossed.

"I'm not keeping anything up. For the past month I've been trying to be cooperative." I muttered as I played with the apple on the table.

She laughed, not a thats-funny type of laugh but more like a don't-give-me- type of laugh.

I stared at her and she stopped laughing. The silence filled the room and an awkward atmosphere formed between us.

How long has it been since we, well more like I, spoke a sentence to one another.

The sound of the door closing snapped us out of our little daze, I looked away and looked at my apple.

"Yeobo, welcome back." I could tell they hugged and whatnot.

I gripped the apple tighter and stood up, "I'm going out for a while."

They both frowned, whatever their answer was gonna be I would have went anyways.

I headed to my room, not looking back at them.

I closed then locked the door. I went into the bathroom and brushed my teeth.

As soon as I lifted my head, I stared at my reflection. My hair, an unruly mess and as for the rest of me, a total wreck but I could pull it off. I decided to at least try and brush my hair so that it wouldn't be so messy. After countless of fruitless attemps I managed to die it down a little.

Content, I grabbed a jacket and unlocked my door. I ran down the stairs, grabbed my key and I was out the door.

~~

"I'm heading there right now." I had my phone inbetween my shoulder and ear as I fished for some coins in my jeans.

"Hurry~!" Rei sang, her voice was not it's usual joyful tone. She tried to make it seem like it was but I'm not one to be fooled.

"Yeah, yeah. The bus is here, I'll call you when I get off okay?" I asked her as I paid for my fare.

"Okay~!" We said our goodbyes and hung up.

I picked a corner seat and sighed, I leaned my head against the window and watched all the houses we passed by.

That dream, does it ... No, I won't believe it. It's just a dream after all right?

I shook my head in frustration, I got up seeing as it was my stop. I thanked the driver before stepping out of the bus. The bus drove away, causing a light breeze, and now it could only be seen in the distance.

They won't notice right?

I put my hands up to my face and frowned. I shook my head and crossed my arms, there isn't a person in the world who doesn't know what I'm feeling.

If they see my like this they're bound to ask questions. Then again they might just think it's about the move.

A car stopped in front of me and the driver seat's window rolled down. I saw Sungyeol, he smiled and I smiled back. I got in the passenger seat, closed the door and put on my seatbelt.

"Hi, love." He kept one hand on the steering wheel and the other held my own hand. I smiled but I couldn't make myself look at him, if I talked he'd know something was wrong and I don't think I could ever lie to him.

We at in silence after that, I knew those words would end up being the heart break of us both. Still, I couldn't bare to tell those words to him, not now, not when we had time and possibilities.

I prayed silently to myself, It's going to be okay.

But that little voice inside my head told me otherwise.

~~

I held my glass close to my chest, I was gripping it tightly it was surprising it hadn't cracked yet. We talked, laughed and all that, acting as if there wasn't anything wrong. If that were the case we wouldn't be having this going away party for me.

I glanced at the clock.

2:30

One more hour and it'll be goodbye Gwangju and hello Jeju Island.

I sighed dejectedly, then smiled.

Gotta keep up appearances.

"Stop it with the long faces, let's get this party started for real!" I told them and raised my glass. They all laughed, hearing my sudden outburst, but raised their glasses.

"Cheers!"

~~

"Aya, don't forget to call me okay? Everyday? Or just whenever you feel like it!" Rei sobbed as she hugged me. Myungsoo was over with Sungyeol, patting his back reassuringly.

"I won't forget. You know I love you, right?" I hugged her even tighter, burying my face into her neck. I felt her nod and then she let go.

Myungsoo went up to her and held her hand, she looked at me sadly but she managed a smile.

"We'll miss you, Aya." Myungsoo spoke kindly and smiled at me.

"Thanks, Myungsoo." I hugged him and then they left.

Sungyeol was leaning against the wall, his hands in his pockets and his head was down. I walked over to him and he looked up. He smiled weakly, that smile that used to melt my heart is no longer present. It was duller than I remembered.

He pulled me into a hug and buried his face in my neck.

"Aya, don't leave me." He whispered.

"I'm sorry ... I can't do anything about it." I told him, as he looked up.

He stared at me in disbelief. "That's all you have to say? You're not even going to try?!"

He unwrapped his arms and took a step back, his face full of emotions. Pain, sadness, confusion and most of all heartbroken.

"No matter what we do, life is just like that." I said quietly, I looked at him. Tears were welling up in my eyes.

"So what, this is it? This is it for us?" He shouted hoarsely, his words echoed in the empty room.

Right then I knew, nothing would be the same, nothing would be left for us. There's nothing keeping us together, there are no second chances this time round.

Our time together has stopped.

"That's just the way it is." I muttered.

I walked away from him. I knew he wouldn't run after me, he wouldn't try to stop me.

I started to run, I didn't want to find out whose dry cheeks were now wet with tears.


Aya's Note

Mianhaeyo! *bows* I've been very busy with school but, finally, CHRISTMAS BREAK IS HERE!

I know I haven't updates since forever but I am now! WOOHOO!

Though I am back, I have to say, the story is nearly over everyone! There's just about 2-3 chapters left and then the story is over. I want to thank all of you for staying with me, even when I went on that mini-haitus! I hope you'll all stay subscribed to this, if you like the story, share it with your friends and all~!

By the way, this is leading up to the present time. This is probably a few months before present time.

Comments, Questions, Constructive Criticism and Grammar Mistakes are all welcome.

Don't leave, Don't leave - Can't you stay by my side?