Choices.

Just Be Friends

I woke up to find that I was under my covers.

Did he leave?

I sat up and scratched my head, I looked at the floor. None of his clothes was there, my coat was neatly hanged in front of my closet along with my dress.

Why is it so cold day?

I looked at my window to find that it was wide open. I could hear grunting noises outside and it seemed to be coming closer.

I wrapped my duvet around me and peeked out the window.

As suprising as it may seem, Sungyeol was climbing up the side of the house. Luckily there was a fire escape ladder there.

"I woke up a little earlier and I realised your parents would probably wonder why my car is parked outside. So I parked it around the corner." He explained, slightly panting as he spoke.

Once he got in throgh the window, he stood in front of me and kissed my lips, "Good morning my angel."

"Morning." I kissed his cheek hen made my way to my closet.

I pulled out an oversized grey t-shirt and put it on. I placed my duvet on my bed, where Sungyeol was lying down.

I sat down beside him and fixed his hair.

"You don't have to stay you know." I told him.

"Are you trying to get rid of me?" He opened one eye and pouted.

"Maybe." I joked.

He suddenly pushed me down so that I was on top of him.

"I'm not leaving until your parents get here." He said smartly.

Just then I heard a voice, "Aya, honey are you awake?"

"Oh !" He pushed me to the side and I watched him go frantic.

"Okay, I'll be heading out now. I'll see you later alright?" He kissed me and then he was out the window in a flash.

I heard a loud thud and muttering from outside, it was obviously Sungyeol.

I peeked out the window just in time to see him run around the corner.

~~

I unlocked my door and walked down the stairs, smiling to myself.

I walked to the kitchen, knowing my parents would be there.

"Morning sweetheart." My father said to me as he sipped on his coffee.

"Morning." I responded as I sat on a chair. I pulled my legs up and hugged them.

"We have some news to tell you honey." My mom came out from another room and she sat down beside my father. She held his hand and looked at him affectionately.

"You're not pregnant are you?!" I was already half-standing.

"No no! Sit down." She chuckled and I reluctantly sat down.

"Well, you know that we went out yesterday right? Well we were meeting one of our old friends from high school. Well he's pretty successful now and-" She paused then looked at my father before turning back to face me. "We were offered a job in one of his sister companies!"

"That's great news but why do I need to now all this?" I looked at her expectantly.

"Well there is something else," Her face turned a little worried. "We have to move to Jeju Island for the work."

"What?! NO! I don't want to move! I won't!" I stood up and slammed my hand against the table.

"Honey, it's hard on us these days. We're not going to a different country or anything so calm-"

"Don't tell me to calm down!" I stood up and glared at them both.

"Ru Aya! Do not speak to your mother in that tone." My father raised his tone of voice.

I looked at him then at her, "Oh, you know what? you both!"

I stormed out of the room and made my way up to my room. I could hear their yelling but chose to ignore it.

I know I may have been over-reacting but I am a teenager, I spent my life growing up in Seoul and then out of the blue they decide to ruin my life?!

I slammed the door shut, locked it then I slid down the door and just sat there. Staring at the bulletin board filled with pictures with all the people I've known, sticky notes from friends who I can't even remember anymore and most of all, that little note that Sungyeol had writting to me.

The note was from the day after our Midterm break, one week after we started dating. I walked over to the wall and took it off the thumbtack.

I sat on my bed and read it to myself.

Aya,

Hey, I'm just writing this because we won't be seeing each other for awhile since I went back to Gyeonggi.

I'm just curious as to how you are feeling right now, you might not have felt any different since the holidays started but who knows? (I'm silently hoping you are missing me!)

Maybe if we stay together for a while, maybe even longer, just know I'll always be there for you. Whether we're together or not. If you need anybody, even just for a simple chat, I'm only a phone call away.

If you are missing me, imagine just how I feel? It's only been the first day of our holiday, I think you'll get this when it's about our 4th though, and I already miss you so much.

I know, you might hit me for being so cheesy when I come back but I'm being honest.

Anyways, I have to go now. Don't be hanging out with guys I don't know, even guys I know!

I love you.

Sungyeol

I sighed deeply, I did miss him during that time. I missed his smile, his hugs, his cheesiness and his soothing voice.

I put it back on the bulleting board and decided a shower would do me good.

~~

I put on a pair of skinny jeans, a faded, grey top and over that I wore a brown, wooly cardigan. I slipped on my purple vans, I may have looked odd but at least I was comfortable.

I opened the window fully, I sat on the window sill and swung my legs around so that they were dangling outside.

From a different perspective, people would think I was going to commit suicide but that isn't the case at all.

I grabbed a hold of the fire escape ladder. I swiftly jumped onto it, my feet slipped a little but I held onto the ladder firmly.

I stretched my arm out to close the window, leaving just enough space for me to open it again.

I went down the ladder and softly placed my feet on the ground.

I ducked as I passed by any windows and as soon as I could tell no one was watching, I sprinted past the door and then I turned the corner.

I shoved my hand into my pocket and nothing was there.

. I left my phone.

I shrugged even though I was slightly peeved.

I decided to go to Sungyeol's house, after reading the letter he gave me again it felt like a good idea to go.

~~

I walked for about 30 minutes, I don't know how but I managed to walk to his house.

My breath was a little unsteady but I could care less.

I knocked on his door, seeing as his car was parked in front of the house there was no reason for him not to be home.

I heard the door unlock and I was surprised to see Daeyeol.

"Oh. Annyeong Aya noona." He smiled at me and stood aside so I could walk in.

He closed the door and I headed upstairs to Sungyeol's room.

"Daeyeol! Who was at the door?!" Sungyeol shouted from his room.

I opened the door and popped my head in, I smiled cheekily at him.

He dropped the lollipop he was holding and his mouth was slightly ajar.

"Miss me already?" He smirked then pulled me into his room before closing the door.

"Yeah." I hugged him then buried my head in his chest.

"What's wrong?" His eyebrows furrowed and he lifted my head so he could see my face.

My lip quivered and tears made it's way down my cheeks.

"Don't cry." He crooned. He wiped them away with his thumb but I couldn't help crying.

I hugged him again and this time he didn't pull me back. He my hair and kissed the top of my head.

"It's okay, whatever it is, you can tell me. Whatever it is, I'll help you through it."


Aya's Note

ASDFGHJKL. I wanna get this story over and done with, really, no joke. It's just bugging me, not in a bad way. I'm pretty curious as to how I'll end it or lead up to it anyways.

I've got the ending but leading up to it is just so frustrating. I'm frustrated at myself! >o<

Y'all are probably angry at me because this chapter isn't as interesting is it? Well actually, it kinda isn't but I'll leave that up to all of you!

What else, what else. OH! I've got 2, yes 2, new fanfic ideas. A Minho fanfic and a Yoseob one. Their both totally DIFFERENT fanfics, as well as being different from this one. They'll both be longer too!

You are all angry at me again right? I mean I can't help it, inspiration just comes and goes for me.

Comments, Questions, Constructive Criticism and Grammar Mistakes are all welcome.

Shoutout: Sorry! No replies today or anything else for that matter. I shall reply tomorrow or something.

[Today's lyrics fit in really well! I didn't even realise until now!]

I'll be there, Like you were there for me~ I'm there for you, Don't you cry~