Love is a Tough Road.

Just Be Friends

Our third monthsary is today! I bet he forgot.

I stared at my phone, silently hoping he would call.

Maybe he's not awake yet.

I stood up from the stool I was sitting on and took out the box from underneath my bed.

I looked at the blue box and fiddled with the ribbon on it.

He gave me this on out first date.

I opened the box and took out the silver necklace, the small design of a rose hung onto it.

I gazed at the accessory fondly, it's been a while since I last wore it.

I heard the sound of my phone vibrating on the table, I looked at it instantly.

I got up to reach for it, "Yoboseyo?"

"Aya~!" A perky voice on the other line answered.

"Oh." I looked at the name of the caller, "Hi Rei."

"How come you sound so sad? Is something bothering you?" I sensed her voice was worried.

"It's nothing, so why did you call?" I changed the subject.

"If you say so. Well anyways, I was wondering if you'd come help me pick out a dress. You know, for Min's brother's wedding." I could tell she wasn't convinced but it didn't seem like she'd bring up the subject again.

"Well, I'm going to be a bit busy today. It's our third monthsary." I reminded her.

"Oh? Jeongmallyo? I understand, well I'll call you later then. Annyeong~!" I hung up first, then sighed.

I can't believe he hasn't called me yet.

I decided to just go out and take a walk. I grabbed a small cardigan and headed out.

~~

It's colder than I imagined.

I rubbed my arms but I continued to walk.

I walked aimlessly and somehow I ended up in the park.

I sniffed and sat down on a nearby bench. I hugged my feet and rested my chin on my knees.

That idiot, he still hasn't called.

I hid my face from the cold breeze, tears were threatening to fall from my eyes.

I felt a weight suddenly on my head.

I looked up to see a black coat, I looked behind me to see Sungyeol.

"Aya-" He started but I got up and handed him back the coat.

"You'll get cold, put it on." My lip trembled as I spoke.

He walked around the bench so that we were facing each other, "Aya, I'm sorry."

"No, no. It's fine. I'm fine." I muttered.

He pulled me in for a hug and patted my head.

"I'm sorry for forgetting." He buried his head in my hair.

That's when I broke into tears, "Why?! Are you forgetting me? Why did you forget?"

I hit his chest weakly, he just hugged me tighter.

"I'm sorry." He whispered.

I stopped hitting his chest and hugged him back.

"Don't forget me alright?" I mumbled into his chest.

"I won't."

~~

1 Week Later

"Come on Aya. We don't have all day." Sungyeol yelled from outside my room.

"Yeah, I know!" I yelled back.

I looked at the mirror, the dress was pleasing enough.

"I'm done!" I unlocked the door, holding my heels in one hand.

Sungyeol was leaning against the wall with my coat and purse.

"Wow." He stood up straight and then kissed me lightly on the forehead.

"Well, if we go now. We'll be just on time, maybe even early." I pointed out as we walked down the stairs.

"I know they're all there so we won't be alone."

We headed out but just as we were about to go out I put on my heels.

"Okay, I'm ready." I told him.

He offered me his hand and we walked out.

~~

"Aya! Sungyeol! Over here!" Woohyun waved to us.

I took Sungyeol's hand and we walked over to them.

"Well, don't you look lovely." Sunggyu complimented me.

"Thanks." I said with a smile.

"I was talking about Sungyeol." He joked.

We all broke out into laughter.

"Aya!" Eun walked out of a room, followed by Rei and the others.

"Hi!" I waved slightly.

"I'm so nervous! I'll be walking down the aisle, I hope I don't fall!" Min rambled on, there were times when she lost her usual self.

"It's okay! You aren't going to be the one getting married, you'll do fine." Eun comforted her.

They all decided to go ahead of us, into the chapel.

"We'll follow behind you." Sungyeol assured them.

I looked at him oddly, Does he want to say something to me?

He turned to me, with a serious face he said, "What do you think about getting married?"

"What?!" My eyes widened, sure, I did want to get married but not now.

"If I proposed to you, right now, what would you say?" He kneeled on one knee.

"Sungyeol, you aren't-"

"What if I do?" He looked at me expectantly.

Omona. What do I do?!

"I would say-" I started to say but a man interrupted us.

"I'm sorry but do you know where Jiae's wedding is being held?" He asked, completely oblivious to the fact that Sungyeol was kneeling down in front of me.

"Just in that church ahjussi." Sungyeol said in an irritated voice.

"Aigoo! Mianhe. Kamsamnida for telling me though. I hope you two live well!" He patted Sungyeol before heading into the church.

"Now, back to my question." He looked at me.

"I would say..." I bit my lip and closed my eyes.

Am I saying the right thing?

"I would say yes."


Aya's Note

OH MY GOD. Another fail chapter. I'm so sorry. This is so ty, I really am sorry. I just realised now that it's so short, so also, sorry again. I'll try to do better in the next chapter. I PROMISE!

Well, it's, how do I put this, leading up to the ending? I dunno really but this is a pretty short fic. Maybe, possibly 10 chapters more or less. *shrugs* I may end up editting this chapter, either when the story is totally finished or when I feel like it.

Leave me your thoughts, the next chapter will continue this. This might be the last time I get to update, I think I'll be able t update on Friday but that's 3 days away and I might get a lot of homework, so who knows. I'll try though!

Shoutout: KIM HEECHUL I WILL WAIT FOR YOU!

Comments, Questions, Constructive Criticism and Grammar Mistakes are all welcome.

Juliette, By a sweetly scented voice. Whisper to me a serenade~