Chapter 2

Springtime Flowers

     Sehun stood awkwardly in the hallway, adjusting his tie and deciding to put his hands in the pockets of his slacks just to take them out again to complete more useless primping. He had never changed schools before and he had no idea what to expect. Taking a deep breath and summoning his courage he walked through the classroom door.

It was empty. Of course it was, he didn’t know what he expected coming to school a half hour before classes began. Sighing he took a seat by the windows and stared off into space.

He was startled out of his reverie when he heard the classroom door open, and he looked up only to stare dumbfounded, at the most attractive boy he’d ever seen. Tiny and fragile with pale skin and huge sparking eyes, the boy was a fairy from another realm. Taking notice of Sehun already sitting in the classroom, he looked surprised for a moment before flashing an entirely too dazzling smile. Sehun felt light-headed.

“You must be the new student, our teacher mentioned you were coming last week.” The boy was crossing the room to stand beside his desk, his voice was like an angel and the smile on his delicate face made it seem like seeing Sehun in the classroom was the best thing that had ever happened.

“I’m Luhan, it’s very nice to meet you.” He was bowing formally but all Sehun could think about was his perfect sweet voice and the sound of his delicate name. Luhan. His head was rushing and he couldn’t even form a coherent sentence.

“...It’s Sehun...” He managed, trying to control his expression and turning his head so he was once again facing forward and he didn’t have to look into those sparkling eyes. There was a pause in the conversation as Luhan appeared to be trying to decide whether or not to continue.

“Right, Sehun! Um... please don’t hesitate to ask me if you have any questions about the school or anything...” The angel finally spoke again, “and welcome to our class.” He added hurriedly, before bowing again and taking a seat a little ways away.

He seems really nice on top of being super attractive... Sehun wanted to hide his face in his hands, he just had to come off as some rude, stuck-up prick. Ugh, way to make a first impression Oh Sehun.

 

Classes began and Luhan forced himself to stop thinking about the new student, or as he’d been so kindly informed, Sehun. He felt terrible about his introduction, he must have done something to make Sehun angry with him. Maybe he just doesn’t like me, I guess I can be really annoying... I’ll have to apologize later.... Luhan sighed, he’d wanted to be friendly towards his new classmate but due to his cold reaction that morning he was sure Sehun didn’t like him at all.

Focusing on the lesson and taking notes was a good enough distraction for the rest of the morning until lunch. Luhan ate in the back of the classroom and watched as a bunch of his classmates crowded around Sehun, asking him questions about where he was from and his old school. Sehun seemed distant though and his answers were very brief and to the point. The girls were already giggling together and whispering about him. Luhan heard the name ‘Ice Prince’ more than once.

“Lulu!” Luhan looked up startled, but he smiled at his friend.

“I made some cookies yesterday, do you want some?” Luhan’s friend, Jongin offered, taking a seat beside him and unwrapping a package of cookies.

“Ah really? I can have some?” Luhan asked, eyes sparkling at the sight of such a treat. Jongin laughed at his friend’s expression.

“Actually no, I think I’ll keep them all.” He joked. Luhan’s face fell for a moment.

“Oh I see, well you made them after all, you deserve to eat them al-” He was interrupted as Jongin shoved a cookie into his mouth.

“Jeez, it was sarcasm Lulu, don’t be so gullible!” He smiled and poked his friend’s nose. “Besides you know I’d never deny you anything!”

Getting over the shock of having a cookie suddenly shoved into his mouth Luhan grinned sheepishly and munched the treat happily, humming a little with delight.

“It’s amazing Jongin, thank you!” He cupped his face in his hands to emphasize how delicious the cookie was. Jongin ruffled his hair.

“Stop being so goddamn adorable Lulu, I can’t stand it much longer!”

“I’m sorry,” The smaller boy apologized, lowering his eyes to the desk. Jongin only shook his head, Luhan had no idea of the effect he had on people.