Chapter 5

A Life Worth Living
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

3rd POV

 

 

She was running, she didn’t know why she but she was scared. Her heart was racing like the speed of a lightning as she ran so fast, not noticing how much her muscle ached. She had a premonition of disasters that are going to happen, a premonition that this was going to be the last time she’s going to see someone that’s very special to her. She doesn’t know exactly where she’s going but she didn’t care. She just kept running, hoping her legs will take her there. Every muscles in her worked with her and helped her sprint from streets to streets. There were cars honking at her but she didn’t care. She kept running. Finally, when she arrived at her destination, she found herself at home. She saw a woman standing there, smiling sadly at her. She was panting for air as she stared at the woman. She had a suitcase in her hand. Silvia was trying to make sense of everything.

 

“U-umma, where are we going? W-why do you have a suitcase?” Silvia asked, still gasping for air as she talked. “I-it’s only the middle of the school year, I thought—“

 

“It’s okay, baby. Don’t panic. I’m just going to Korea for business matters. You can behave for me while I’m gone right? You’ll be with your dad,” Her mom cut her off and hugged her. Silvia hugged her mom back instinctively.

 

“How long will you be gone? Will you be back before summer?” tears welled in Silvia’s eyes, still having the feeling that she was never going to see her Mom again. She was scared.

 

“Relax, I’ll only be gone for a month. I’ll be back really soon. Until then, behave okay?” Her mother’s soothing voice calmed her down. Her mother then chuckled, “Why did you run all the way home? There’s something called school buses these days that you can ride from home to school you know. I’m surprised you even got here before the bus.”

 

“I had this feeling that someone was leaving and that I had to get home really fast,” Silvia pouted. “That’s why I ran so fast, my muscles are all aching now.”

 

“Just don’t ever do that again ok?” Her mom smiled at her as Silvia nodded. “I don’t want my baby girl to be that tired.”

 

“So when are you leaving?” Silvia asked her mom and looked up at her.

 

“Right about now,” Her mom answered as she looked up at the clock.

 

Mr. Lee came up to the front yard, saying good bye to Mrs. Lee.

 

‘They’re so loving,’ Silvia thought as she silently watch her parents hugging and her dad kissed her mom’s forehead.

 

Soon, they all bid their good byes and Mrs. Lee left.

 

About an hour later, Mr. Lee got a call.

 

“Hello...yes, this is Mr. Lee...What is it?” Mr. Lee dropped his phone, looking as if he just saw someone who came back from the dead getting attention from Silvia.

 

“Appa, what’s wrong?!” Silvia ran up to him and hugged him tightly, trying to calm her dad.

 

“I-I just g-got a c-call saying your mom—“

 

“What about mom? What happened to her?” Silvia cutted him off and started crying. Even though she didn’t know what the news was she sensed something was wrong by just looking at her dad’s face.

 

“S-she just got into a car a-accident on her way and d-died,” Mr. Lee stuttered as he tried to hold in tears that are already welling up in his eyes.

 

Silvia screamed, and panted heavily. She looked around her surrounding and she wasn’t with her dad anymore. She was sitting on her chair, with papers and books in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter