Jonghyun's Story Part IV

Broken into Pieces

* Saturday June 3, 2014 Café *

 

- Jonghyun’s POV –

 

It was during our first promotional week. Taeyeon noona and I were having one of my therapy sessions in our favorite café. Well we were trying to have a session but I do not know who told our locations to the media that the paparazzi were outside snapping photos nonstop.

 

“I really want to beat the person who leaked our location,” I said quite loudly and fair enough, I saw the waiter looking guiltily. Man you can’t trust anyone.

 

“Enough Jonghyun-ah. Remember why we’re here,” noona said. She was trying to be composed but I could see she was trying to contain her anger.

 

I sighed and said, “Alright noona. Let’s st-“

 

“ARE YOU AND TAEYEON-SSI DATING?!” a reporter suddenly burst through the door and rushed to us shoving a microphone in my face. But in that split second, he bumped a waiter and accidentally and literally shoved the microphone in my face. It hit me squarely to my nose and it started bleeding.

 

“Jonghyun-ah!” noona shouted and helped me up. “Let’s go.”

 

She fished my car keys out of my pocket and guided me to the car park with a multitude of cameramen and reporters surrounding us. She let me sit at the back and she drove us slowly away as the paparazzi blocked her way.

 

“Jonghyun-ah gwenchana?” Noona asked from the front. Before I could answer she suddenly swerved the car to a sharp right and I bumped my head on the car door.

 

“Ouch! Noona! What was that for?” I asked as I massaged my head.

 

“Mianhe Jonghyun-ah. These paparazzi are looking for us. Where do we go?” noona said as we sped through the traffic.

 

I looked outside the window while pinching my nose and recognized the neighborhood. I took out my phone and called her.

 

“Chaerin-ah! Are you guys at your dorm?” I asked hurriedly without saying any greetings.

 

Oppa! Yes we are oppa. Waeyo?

 

“We’ll be there in a few minutes. The paparazzi are hunting us and Taeyeon noona and I need a place to crash first.”

 

Arasseo oppa. We’ll be waiting.

 

I hung up and said, “Noona head for 2NE1’s dorm. It’s the place where Bom noona’s birthday party was.”

 

“Arasseo.” She said immediately and again swerved the car sharply to the right. Man she’s a scary driver.

 

We arrived at the parking lot in a record breaking 2 minutes. 2 minutes! From where we were, the minimum arrival time should be 10 minutes and in favorable traffic conditions. We covered ourselves with a flu mask and hats and rushed inside the building hoping no paparazzi saw us. Within minutes of rushing through the building, we knocked at their door and it was instantly opened my Minkki.

 

“Annyonghas- OMO OPPA YOU’RE BLEEDING!” she screamed.

 

“Bwo?!-“ I managed to say as I was dragged into their dorm and told to lie on the sofa.

 

“UNNIE I NEED THE FIRST AID!” Minkki shouted and out came Bom noona who apparently just showered as her wet hair as evidence.

 

“Oh Taeyeon-ah! Jonghyun-ah! Been a long time since we hang out,” she said as she gave the first aid kit to Minkki and hugged Taeyeon noona.

 

“Ne unnie,” Taeyon noona smiled. Dara noona and Chaerin-ah, shocked with the screaming, came out of their rooms and greeted us.

 

“Yah Jonghyun-ah! Why didn’t you tell us you were releasing a single! Also you Taeyeon-ah!” Bom noona said while she pouted. I laughed and said, “Mia-“

 

“Don’t talk oppa! I’m not yet done treating you,” Minkki said as she glared at me. Taeyeon noona chuckled and replied on my stead, “Mianhe unnie. We’ve just been busy quite lately; you know production, talk shows, radio shows, music programs, practicing, and a lot more. Jonghyun-ah is having it worse than I do. Jongkook oppa is bullying him.”

 

“Mwo? Jongkook oppa?”  Minkki said. “There I’m done.”

 

“Why is Jongkook oppa bullying you oppa?” Chaerin-ah asked as she sat beside me when I was finally allowed to sit up by Minkki.

 

“He’s regulating what I eat, how I sleep and continuous and rigorous workout despite our busy schedule. I haven’t eaten ramyeon for like 3 months already. I really want to eat ramyeon,” I said.

 

“Oooh that means you’re r- wait Taeyeon-ah ppalli come here!” Bom noona said to which Taeyeon noona obliged. Those two were whispering giddily and squealing like little girls then what surprised us was Taeyeon noona’s Ahjumma laugh and Bom noona’s over-the-top laugh. Chaerin-ah, Minkki and I were thinking they’ve gone mad while Dara noona was shaking her head but for a completely different reason.

 

She was muttering under her breath and I caught a few words which shock me. “..erts..” “..Sasaengs..” were the obvious ones and I was like what’s going on?

 

“Jonghyun-ah! We’re appearing in Roommate!” Taeyeon noona giddily grabbed my hand and she shook me vigorously.

 

“W-waeyo noona? This is too sudden!” I managed to say.

 

“Oh you haven’t heard Jonghyun-ah! The PD wanted us to invite our friends to a party we’re organizing. Since it’s the summer, we’re going to the beach! And also I want to help you publicize your song,” Bom noona excitedly said.

 

“T-the beach?” I asked Taeyeon noona. I’ve known her for more than two and a half years already. I know her thoughts, her expressions. The way she looked at me right now is bad news. It’s mischievous.

 

“That’s right! Ooh! I can’t wait to wear a swimsuit again! Oh wait I have to ask permission from our bosses,” she said as she started rummaging my pockets for my phone. But I immediately stood up and put some space between me and the two crazy noonas, fearing for my life literally.

 

“W-wait a minute, Bom noona, Taeyeon noona. What are you two planning?” I asked them seriously.

 

They looked at me angelically (too much actually that it’s very suspicious) and said harmoniously, “Nothing.”

 

“Don’t lie to me noona. I know when you’re lyin-“

 

“Oh I don’t need your phone. I forgot I have HSH Ssajangnim’s number,” she said and stuck her tongue at me. I sighed in defeat as the two noonas plotted whatever they wanted. Dara noona was laughing at the situation while the two maknae were confused.

 

It was annoying that HSH Ssajangnim immediately approved the idea, as did KYM Ssajangnim. I had no choice but to go along with it. So 2 days later, Taeyeon noona and I are on our way to Jeju Island with our managers. We went there separately with the Roommate Cast as we were Bom noona’s “surprise” to the cast. I sighed for the umpteenth time asking and asking noona what she and Bom noona were planning. All she gave me was a mehrong and a smirk which I wouldn’t lie, give me the creeps.

 

When we arrived the house that the Roommate cast rented, we were quickly directed to the Make-Up Room for all cast. We were being rushed as we were already behind schedule for Bom noona’s surprise and I didn’t had enough time to choose my clothes so I had Taeyeon noona choose it for me. Big mistake. I could see the mischievous glint in her eyes making me nervous. She gave me faded light blue polo shirt which she specifically said not to button up to show my thin sleeveless shirt inside, white pants and told me to wear sneakers. She on the other hand wore a long sleeved white shirt and mini jeans that hides her light blue bikini that I totally and firmly advised her not to wear. She refused saying that it’s the beach! She hasn’t gone to the beach for a while and hasn’t worn a bikini for ages. I couldn’t win against this girl.

 

“Please come out!” Bom noona suddenly shouted and that was our cue.  The both of us walked slowly to the living room and once we were visible, shouts of disbelief ensued.

 

“WAA!! IT’S THE JONGTAE COUPLE!” “BOMMIE HOW?!” “SUNBAENIM?!” “OMO!”

 

Bom noona’s surprise was definitely a success and the both of us bowed and greeted the cast.

 

“Anyeonghasaeyo CNBlue’s Guitarist, Lee Jonghyun ibnida.” “Anyeonghasaeyo SNSD Taeyeon ibnida.”

 

“Bom, H-How?!” Dong Wook Hyung asked too stunned to make a complete question. Taeyeon noona and I chuckled as we sat on both left and right of Bom noona who shamelessly put her arms around us.

 

“They’re my best friends,” she said nonchalantly. Her statements started shouts yet again but more organized this time round. “Since when?!” “Ei unnie I thought I was your bestfriend?!” “And me Bommie!?”

 

“Guys, one question at a time. Jonghyun-ah and Taeyeon-ah are being nervous with all your screaming and shouting. Hmm how about one question each?” Bom noona said with a smug face. She’s clearly enjoying this but I couldn’t help but smile, I’m enjoying myself as do Taeyeon noona.

 

“I’ll be first!” Se Ho hyung stated, “Are you two a couple?” All eyes were definitely on me and Taeyeon noona, even Bom noona, excitement and curiousness gleaming in their eyes.

 

I chuckled and said, “No we’re not. Taeyeon noona and I have a unique relationship-“

 

“We’re underground best friends.” Taeyeon noona smiled slyly. Before we came, we discussed the answers that we think they might ask. This topped the list. “No one knew of our relationship, not even our members until recently.”

 

“Um sunbae- I mean noona,” Chanyeol started asking but he got a glare from Taeyeon noona. She hates being called sunbaenim. She’s still not used to it. “Noona, why the secrecy?”

 

“That’s because of what’s happening right now. You know our ‘scandal’,” I replied. I chuckled at their expression. They were shocked that I answered for noona, more so that I talked about our scandal. Our “dating scandal” has been the hottest topic for two weeks and it hasn’t kindled down. “Having a best friend of the opposite gender, more so out of your company is a bit tedious. People started making rumors and explanations as to why we became friends.”

 

“And with Bommie? How did you three get acquainted?” So Ra noona asked.

 

“Bom unnie’s birthday party. Jonghyun-ah asked me to come with him,” Taeyeon noona replied.

 

“Imagine the shock I got. I explicitly told Jonghyun-ah not to bring his girlfriend-“ Bom noona started but I cut in.

 

“Which I didn’t noona. How many times do I have to tell you? We’re just friends. And I already promised you countless of times you’ll be the first one to know if I get one,” I told noona but then I got a bad vibe behind her. Taeyeon noona was glaring at me. I know that look. I gulped and said, “Arasseo Taeyeon noona, I’ll tell you both at the same time. Happy?” to which both Taeyeon and Bom noona laughed along with the rest.

 

The rest of the questions were about the song. How long did I take to compose it, Taeyeon noona’s reaction when she heard it (I answered she cried and she smacked the back of my head), to whom I dedicated the song (The answer I gave was very vague. An answer that wouldn’t be tied to me and Yoona) and they asked us to perform it. I borrowed Chanyeol’s guitar (He brought one as they thought they might sing around a campfire) and Taeyeon noona and I sang the song.

 

By the end of the song the girls were crying and the guys were, um well uh teary eyed I guess? They applaud us and complimented us that it was really a heartbreaking song. I felt humbled yet proud of this song. We kept on talking and mingling with the other when Taeyeon Noona surprised me again, to my horror and to my extreme embarrassment.

 

“It’s lunch! Um let Jonghyun cook Shin oppa,” She smiled to Shin hyung while I stare in horror at noona. “What,” she said. ”It’s not like I haven’t taught you how to cook.” It is true. During the time when I was the one who conducted our session, I suggested that we do one of her hobbies together. It turned out to be cooking, baking, bartending, cocktails, basically everything to do with food and beverages. We dedicated a lot of sessions to cover all of those activities, countless hours practicing, and receiving burns in my hands, being drenched in juices and alcohol, and so on. There was even a time that I smelled badly of alcohol that Yonghwa hyung scolded me for at least an hour before he let me explain. Anyways, yes I can cook but I haven’t showed other people that I can cook, including my parents and members. My mother always told me to look for a woman who can handle the kitchen well because you can’t trust a man in a kitchen. Of course she said with a side glance to my father but that principle stuck to my brain that men aren’t meant for the kitchen. That is until Taeyeon noona insisted I learn how to cook. The bad thing also is Jongkook hyung showed me some videos of healthy food I could cook but I haven’t tried to cook any for fear I would be called a woman by the members. So I just buy them outside.

 

“Jjinjja? Jonghyun hyung can cook?” Chanyeol asked noona.

 

“Kurom! Better than Shin oppa I bet,” Taeyeon noona proudly said.

 

“If that’s the case I can retire on my role as being the chef then,” Shin hyung said. “You can be the new omma Jonghyun-ah!”

 

I laughed heartily as I went alone to the kitchen leaving them discussing the plans we will do later. I checked the refrigerator and I was surprised that it is fully packed with supplies, as did the pantry. I started planning out the menu in my head, wore an apron and started cooking. 30 minutes later, Taeyeon noona along with Nana, SooHyun noona and Gayeon started watching the show. They were at awe on how I use a knife, how fast I prepare the ingredients, multitasking left and right. Taeyeon noona was beaming with pride and as a “present”, they bullied me (yes bullied me) to wear a chef hat. It looks ridiculous but it made them happy.

 

Soon enough I finished setting the table with all the food I called them.

 

“WAAA!!” “DAEBAK” “MATA!!” “JONGHYUN-AH JJANG!!”

 

I smiled embarrassingly. “Mianhe but I cooked healthy food since I know that most of us are watching our diet. Me included.”

 

“Ige mwoya oppa?” Nana asked pointing to the pink hue cocktail each had in front of them.

 

“It’s called cosmo. Well since it’s a hot day and all of us are of age, I made a cocktail called cosmo. It’s good for the skin and have little calorie. Accompanying that is Roasted Hawaiian chicken with coconut flavored and fruit salad for dessert.”

 

“Waa Daebak Jonghyun-ah! But why do you have to watch your diet?” Dongwook oppa asked me.

 

“Jongkook oppa will kill him if he breaks his diet,” Taeyeon noona said, still smiling widely.

 

“BWO?! JONGKOOK SUNBAENIM?!”

 

“Ne, he’s my work out trainer. Oh speaking of which, I have to send a picture to him,” I said as I took a picture of what I cooked and a detailed explanation of what’s it made of and the calorie count. “But all these food are personal favorites of Taeyeon noona. I have to make my master proud somehow.”

 

They all started laughing at the beet-red hue of noona’s face and we dig in. Honestly this is the first time I’m cooking for a lot of people. And I’m dreading the day this episode airs; my members are going to kill me for not telling them, much less my parents. I sighed and dispelled these negative thoughts and enjoyed the meal we prepared.

 

They decided to have a volleyball match at the beach. Of course I was forced to play by Bom and Taeyeon noona. I was just planning to relax my sore body as Jongkook hyung increased the weights a while ago. With the dishes left unwashed and the table clean, they practically drag us to play beach volleyball. We were divided into groups, well most of the men anyway. SeHo hyung doesn’t want to play because he might “embarrass” himself which is weird because he’s a comedian. I don’t know the ways of a comedian but isn’t that what they do? Anyway so in one team, it’s GaYeon (who replaced SeHo) MinWoo Hyung, KangJoon and Chanyeol. While in my team it’s me, DongWook Hyung, Shin Hyung and to everyone’s surprise except mine, Taeyeon noona. Unbeknownst to all Taeyeon noona likes to do anything really. I’m sure she doesn’t know how to play volleyball but her nature of always being active practically screams that she is up for anything, even playing volleyball. That may have been a mistake on my part.

 

Who would have thought the other team was playing like pros? The number of smashes we received was a lot and receiving the ball is risky. During the first set, Taeyeon noona was practically diving to receive the ball! Diving! To the point that her white shirt got destroyed.

 

“Noona!” I cried and ran to her immediately. She was bruised but not that serious. The smile she has in her face clearly shows she’s disregarding her bruises.

 

“My shirt’s destroyed! Thank God it’s mine otherwise my coordi will have my hair,” she said as she made to remove her shirt.

 

It was silent. Really silent. It was to the point that it was disturbing that I looked around what happened. All of them were looking at noona with um uh how do I say this. Adoration? Envy? Then I looked at noona who was unconcerned of her surrounding wearing only her bikini and her mini jeans, trying to see the damage of her shirt.

 

Oh my God.

 

I quickly removed my polo and forcefully put it on her. She was shocked at my actions and she was about to complain but I gave him a serious look. She reluctantly let me do as I please as I buttoned up the polo.

 

“Bwoya! Are you sure you two aren’t a couple?” SeHo hyung suddenly asked. “Jonghyun-ah is acting like an over-protective boyfriend to a hot and y girlfriend.”

 

“Aniya!” Both of us immediately answered. Which led us to look at each other and laughed heartily. Bom noona who was flauntingly showing her bikini body suddenly said, “Eii Jonghyun-ah. Let Taeyeon-ah show her body-“
 

“I’m sorry noona but I can’t allow that. You see uh, um uh. How do I expl-“ I stuttered but Taeyeon noona suddenly grabbed my sleeveless shirt.

 

“My revenge! If you don’t allow me then I don’t allow you to wear this shirt,” she made a pull on my shirt but I wouldn’t budge. I sighed heavily. Well if this is what it would take for her not to show off then fine. Without her aid, I took of my shirt. Big mistake. Well, big mistake for me but happy miracle for the viewers and the ladies.

 

So this is what they were planning, Bom and Taeyeon noona. I will skip what happened that day. The real havoc came a week later when the preview of the show came. If you think how South Korea shook at the mention of our duet, just imagine our pictures became viral over the internet and in the media. The shirtless Jonghyun and the bikini clad Taeyeon. Of all the things I wanted to come out of my song, popularity and fame were at the bottom of the list. Now I couldn’t even walk outside without being harassed and barged by the paparazzi. Noona and I are always accompanied by bodyguards.

 

But on the plus side, the song gained more popularity which made me pleased and proud, and although I don’t really care, reaped a mountain of profits from both company. HSH and KYM Ssajangnim were extremely pleased with the outcome. Other than the profit of the song, CF’s, TV shows were trying to vie for our cooperation and appearance. We could only put some in the slots but a lot still wanted a slot. It came to the point that our schedule is so full that I had little rest and no time for any other activities (to Jongkook Hyung’s dismay, I haven’t been able to sleep and eat properly). I am sad to say that I couldn’t wait for this to be over. But it wasn’t meant to be. Well in a way it kindled down to a fewer schedule but the consequences were not favorable to me.

 

2 weeks after we conclude “You were once mine” promotions, I was called by HSH Ssajangnim immediately to his office without delay and to make myself presentable. It was serious, it could only be that. HSH Ssajangnim was not the type to rush people. So without further ado I rushed from our dorm to FNC in a suit like the one I wore to talk to KYM Ssajangnim. I was told to enter immediately by the secretary and the nervousness I felt before was quickly replaced with shock and confusion.

 

HSH Ssajangnim was in a conversation with foreigners and by the looks of it Americans or Europeans. I am not sure. HSH Ssajangnim had a smile on his face as do the foreigners that had a Korean with them on whom I guess is a translator.

 

“Um h-hello,” I nervously said as I stood at the doorway with manager hyung beside me.

 

“Hello Jonghyun, my name is Eugene and I am a representative of Paramount Pictures,” one of the foreigners said. He said it in English and I had no idea what to do except nod my head and shake his hand. I looked confusedly at whom I hope was the translator and she smiled and translated.

 

Bwo? Paramount Pictures? Isn’t that a movie company abroad.

 

“U-um wh-whats going on Ssajangnim?” I asked HSH Ssajangnim.

 

He smiled and said, “Paramount Pictures with partnership with Universal Studios (the other foreigner suddenly nodded) have decided to scout you for an international movie, isn’t that right?” He asked the translator.

 

“Ne. Jonghyun-ssi has been getting popular not only in the eastern side of the world but all over the world. More so on the Western Side.” The translator said.

 

T-that c-can’t be right. “T-there m-must have been a misunderstanding. I know CNBlue is famous overseas but me as an individual haven’t crossed my mind. There must have been a mistake.”

 

She smiled and showed me something in her tablet. It opened a website which I couldn’t guess which website it was. My picture was there along with Taeyeon noona; the picture that was shot in Roommate.

 

“I-I don’t understand. Wh-what does this got to do with anything?” I asked with genuine confusion.

 

“This website is Ryan Seacrest’s website. Do you know Ryan Seacrest Jonghyun-ssi?” She asked to which I shook my head. “Ryan Seacrest is one of the top show hosts in America with his own production company and radio shows. You and Taeyeon-ssi appeared on his website last 2 weeks ago and this article has been at the top since then. The article depicts ‘Most perfect Asian Couple’.”

 

I was speechless and the foreigners were chuckling at my disbelief. She continued, “Jonghyun-ssi, you may have not notice but your popularity may contest PSY-ssi’s popularity overseas. Your name is known by every teenage girl in America and there was a poll on what they wanted as your and Taeyeon-ssi’s debut in America. A song? Your song “You were once mine” has reached the top in iTunes last week until now. The one that won was a movie. When the poll ended, Ryan pulled the necessary strings and now we’re here, scouting you for a movie. Unfortunately, we met with Taeyeon-ssi a while ago and she refused. But no worries, we found a suitable female protagonist for you to act with.”

 

That would make sense since noona hated acting. “Um Ssajangnim what do you say about all this? Is this true?” I said. I still couldn’t let go of the thought that this was all a dream.

 

“Mianhe Jonghyun-ssi but I already accepted. You’ll be fine and I already know the concept of the movie and to tell you the truth you fit the roll perfectly,” he said.

 

“But I do not know English and I do not act we-“ I started but the translator cut me off.

 

“We have reviewed your past dramas and to tell you the truth you need a bit of coaching so that is why you are going to be coached for two months in America. In that duration, you would learn English, hand-to-hand combat and how to use firearms. The movie is an action genre movie. If you had gone to your military training, we could have skipped that but it isn’t anything that couldn’t be learned in two months. Also we have already discussed that you too have schedule as a member of CNBlue and we have fit them in your schedule. This is a six month project and we hoped to release the movie already in February next year so that is why you will have to travel already to America in four days’ time.”

 

So sudden. But somehow, I don’t know how, I’m feeling excited. This is real, this could benefit the company and the band.  I might as well do it for the company and the band so I replied, “Alright then. I’m in.”

 

It all felt surreal. I tend to imagine me acting in Hollywood when I was young, never thought I would be given a chance to. When my members heard, they were happy, but I know them. They were happy outside but they didn’t show the sadness that I wouldn’t be around them as much often. With that in their mind, on the fourth day, they planned a send-off party. They invited all my friends, family and a few guests. Thank God that they rented a restaurant for the party, a lot of people came! All FNC artists and management staff came, KyuLine, Roommate cast, 2NE1, SuJu, EXO, T-ara, F(x), RunningMan cast and many more! SNSD also came but not all of them. She wasn’t around and I do not know if I should feel grateful or sad about it. Probably both? I am not sure. When my curiosity has peeked I had to ask Taeyeon noona (she was kinda mixed about the whole movie thing, she was afraid she might mess it up but on the other hand she felt regretful she let it go). She replied that “Yoona is with her family. She didn’t want to come,” she nervously said to which I just nodded. I do not want to question her intention of lying and I do not want to probe about it.

 

It went on and on with gifts to aid my travel and stay in America and a word of advice. Most came from Jung sisters and Tiffany who gave me a lot of pointers on the etiquette in America. A few words of threat from Jongkook Hyung who told me explicitly not to lose a single day of exercise, and Taeyeon noona who told me to not to be shy to ask for a session if I need to. I laughed about it but I was grateful for the thought.

 

It was a lot of laughter and tears but the day arrived when I had to leave Korea. According to my schedule I wouldn’t go to Korea till next year. My schedule with CNBlue wasn’t in Korea but in other countries. It will be a long time.

 

Six months.  From June to December, six whole months was spent in a blur. I didn’t notice that six months has passed. I spent most of the important occasions in America like Christmas, I invited my family to spend it in California to where I lived. Six months of learning English, combat, firearms, American etiquette, and most of all shooting for the movie. Also in those six months, American TV shows, radio shows, CFs, photo-shoots, and the like bombarded me along with my female co-actress. You guys would not believe who I got as my co-actress. Emma Watson. Hermione from Harry Potter! Imagine the reaction of my friends from Korea when I told them I’m going to act with her. Priceless reaction! Especially Taeyeon noona.

 

One time she skyped with me during our break in shooting. I was talking and bonding with the cast at that time but I excused myself as I answered the video call.

 

“Noona!” I said excitedly. How long has it been since I last called, 2-3 weeks I think.

 

Jonghyun-ah! How are you?

 

“I’m fine noona! Why the sudden call?”

 

Wae?! Just because you’re a hot shot in America, us lowly people in Korea can’t talk to you anymore?!

 

“Aniya!” I quickly denied. “It’s just that I’m on the set right now noona!”

 

Jeongmall?! By the way, news about the cast hasn’t reached here! Who took my part?!

 

“Oh noona you’ll be surprised. It’s – oh – she’s here,” I said as I saw Emma looking for me. “Can you come here for a sec Emma. I want to introduce you to someone.” 3 months in America and continuous practice really did eliminate my satoori and made me somehow fluent in English, but not totally. Waa daebak he can speak English fluently already Noona said to which I just chuckled.

 

“Oh who is it John?” she said. They find my name somehow weird so I go by a nickname, John seems to be the closest to Jonghyun.

 

“Someone close to me,” I said while I smiled. I pulled her closer to the screen and showed her to Noona.

 

OMO!! IT’S HERMIONE!! TIFFANY!! PPALLI COME!!! IT’S HERMIONE!!

 

“Um h-hello,” Emma said and looked at me with a raised eyebrow.

 

Tae what are you talkin- OMO IT’S HERMIONE!! HI!!!

 

“H-hi,” Emma stammered and looked at me confusedly.

 

I laughed and said in English, “They’re huge fans of Harry Potter.”

 

“Oh! Hi I’m Hermione from Harry Potter!”

 

Hi I’m Tiffany and this is Taeyeon. So I’m guessing you’re Jonghyun’s Co-actress?

 

“Jonghyun? Is that John’s real name?” She poked my cheek sheepishly and then said, “John why didn’t you tell me your real name?”

 

I laughed and replied, “People tend to mispronounce it so I go by a simpler name, John.”

 

“You know what I’ll call you Jonghyun from now on. It’s much better. There’s enough John in the world. We don’t need another one,” she said and laughed.

 

Jonghyun-ah really? John? That’s gonna be a laugh when I tell KyuLine Oppa deul and your members about this!

 

“Noona please do not tell them about that. They’re going to tease me for a whole year about it.”

 

Fine I won’t tell them about it. But there should be a payment of course.

 

“What is it Tiffany noona?”

 

Bring Hermione here in Korea!

 

I looked at Emma questioningly and she smiled and nodded. “Alright I’ll help John, I mean Jonghyun. I’ll go there in Korea after the movie premiers! Well I have to help advertise the movie there.”

 

That was pretty much most of the conversation until we had to rush back to the set after taking a selca together as a request from Taeyeon noona. During most of the time that Taeyeon noona called, she would request where Hermione was at the moment and talked to her. I would oblige of course.

 

That went on and on and before I noticed, we had finished filming. The movie was shown in February as scheduled and it was a success! It was superb really. I have no clue that the outside world would embrace me so warmly and the reaction to the movie was nothing but praises. The action, the drama, the plot, everything, the response were all good. All my nervousness during the premier show was for nothing. I was praised for my excellent acting, my combat prowess and I am ashamed to say this, for my “perfectly sculpted” body to which I always praise Jongkook Hyung every time the main cause was questioned. Speaking of which, I attended Jongkook Hyung and Haha Hyung’s concert in California! It was daebak! I was invited to play a song and I sang the piano male version of “You were once mine”. It was kinda lonely really, I miss singing with noona. Then Haha played a prank on us both Jongkook Hyung and I. Due to the pressure of the fans that was inspired by Haha hyung, we had no choice and were forced to show our *cough* abs *cough*. Damn Haha hyung. But the fans were elated and screamed! The whole stadium was abuzz!

 

That was when I was nominated “World’s iest Man of 2015”. I was really, really uncomfortable with that title. I hope it won’t continue for next year. Hopefully.

 

Now the story of how I got Korea’s Playboy was a bit funny and annoying really. It started with my scandal with Taeyeon noona where people all over the world thought that we were really a couple. No matter how many times we denied it, the media wouldn’t budge (even after a statement from both our companies). Maybe because it was our fault. We were seen together too much, at a local café, during the premier of the movie in Korea, shopping, concerts, etc. Also I was tied to all the models and actresses that I had a photo shoot with. The y and mature concept that was always requested of me became a major factor in that title. Couldn’t blame the media though, I mean the models and actresses that I were in shot with were not only beautiful and y but was also known all over the world. I mean the picture I had with Scarlot Johansson, Jennifer Hewitt, Vanessa Hudgens, Emma Stone, Miranda Kerr, Alessandra Ambrosio and many more really did strike the iron red hot.

 

But the person that really engraved that title into stone was Emma Watson.

 

True to my word to Tiffany noona, I really did bring Emma to Korea. She was excited to visit my home country and this was her first time in Korea. And I got infected from her bubbly mood that I too was so excited to finally go home. After 8 months in USA, I was finally able to come home. It was just Emma and me who decided to promote the movie in Korea. The news spread like wide fire that Korea’s Heartbreaker and the World’s iest Man was finally coming home and the fact that I’m bringing one of the most renowned and famous actress in the world added oil to the fire. And another thing that buried the hatchet so deep was the difference in our culture. Emma being brought up in abroad does not mind doing simple skinship with other people, but here in Korea it’s a big deal. Just like when we were at the premier, when we got out of the gate of the airport, she hooked her arm around mine and started waving at the fans. And me being used to it for some time now (you know, I have kissed her in the movie, held her real close. This is nothing compared to that) just neglected the fact that the paparazzi were in a frenzy, taking multitude of pictures. Well added to the fact that I am so excited and happy that I am finally home, I just pretty much ignored the state of the media and I just waved nonchalantly at them.

 

When we were at the van, Emma started talking rapidly. How warm the people were, how she didn’t expect to be very famous here, how excited she is, how happy she is to be in a new and refreshing environment, and so on and on. I just kept quieted and let her all out, I’m just happy she find my birth-country pleasing.

 

“Jonghyun, I saw this cardboard sign a fan made at the airport. What does ‘burning soul’ mean?” she suddenly asked.

 

I laughed and replied, “It’s what my fans use to call themselves. In our band CNBlue, I’m called Burning. It came from that.”

 

“Cheesy but I like it,” she said, laughing with me too. “By the way I haven’t heard you play with your band. I’ve heard you sing before and that was for the OST of the movie.”

 

“Really? We’ll probably play in the after-party of the premier tomorrow. By th- oh we’re here at your hotel. Rest up and I’ll come pick you up later for the press conference alright. If you need anything, you know my number,” I said as true enough we arrived at her hotel, fully packed with camera men and reporters.

 

“Alright, see you then. I guess you’re going home right?” she asked me while she got out and smiled at me.

 

“Yeah that’s right. See you later,” I said as I closed the door and she waved at the door and entered the hotel with the flood of flashes from the multitude of cameras around her.

 

I rushed to our dorm. Real quick! Because I am so excited to meet my members. It has been 2 months since I’ve last seen them and I have missed them so much. As I entered the dorm I shouted, “I’M HOME GUYS!!”

 

I was responded with silence. The lights were out and I turned it on expecting a surprise. But it was empty. My heart sank at the empty feeling of our dorm. I sighed deeply as I set down my luggage on the floor and looked around our dorm. It was exactly like before only without the guys. Maybe they didn’t know I was coming? Or maybe I wasn’t that important to the band anym-

 

“Get him!” someone shouted. I looked behind me but it was too late. I was pushed to the ground and I was the base of a human pile. Body after body got slammed on top of me and they simultaneously shouted, “Welcome back home Jonghyun-ah!”

 

I was speechless and it warmed my heart that after 8 months of not hanging together, they still welcomed me as if I never left. Oh and they are my members, KyuLine and to my surprise, “You joined the human pile Tiffany and Taeyeon noona?!” I said as they each get off me and started hugging me.

 

“Of course! But we have to be on top. I can’t imagine how painful it must be being squashed by these over grown logs,” Taeyeon noona said to the dismay of the guys which made me laugh. I really miss the guys.

 

“So Jonghyun-ah where’s Emma Watson?” Minho hyung started looking around.

 

“Yah hyung! You came here to see Emma didn’t you? Wow, daebak. I feel really loved,” I said as I started punching him playfully.

 

“Ow, yah!- It’s no- ow,” he said as he started defending himself.

 

I laughed and stopped. “Eyy hyung how can I bring her here in our dorm full of guys in a relationship? Oh speaking of which, How are your significant others?” I asked Jungshin, Minhyuk and Yonghwa hyung. They smiled and gave me a thumbs-up.

 

Yes that’s right. They all decided to tell everyone of their relationship. That’s another reason why I’m called a playboy. I’m the only one of CNBlue who’s not in a relationship. Minhyuk started the trend and at first they wanted to hide their relationship until Minhyuk finally snapped. You see Krystal wanted to go out to Lotte World on their anniversary. It just had to be on a Sunday in August where people were outside. Of course Minhyuk immediately refused and tried to convince her to do otherwise. But she wouldn’t budge. She keeps on saying even if she brings the whole f(x) as a cover up but Minhyuk still insisted that it’s too dangerous. They banter back and forth and it ended badly. Minhyuk slamming door behind him and Krystal crying in her room with Amber trying to comfort her. For a whole week the couple didn’t talk, their ego very high and overruling their judgment. That is until Minhyuk was told off by G-Dragon hyung to man up and fix this situation. In that same day, Minhyuk talked to both HSH and KYM Ssajangnim for their blessing to bring their relationship to the public so that they could celebrate their anniversary in public. Of course both immediately turned it down as expected but Minhyuk did all he can to change their minds, he begged, bargained, drop on his knees, everything. He was asked why he want to endanger his and Krystal’s career this way and his answer shook their will.

 

“Sir, hearing her cry and the fact that I was the cause of that breaks my heart. I-I don’t care about anything else sir, she’s my life and I would do anything to put a smile on her face, even if I had to give my life for her, I wouldn’t  think twice to give it to her. I love her so much that I want to at least do this for her, even if all my fans hate me. It would be worth it if it makes her happy just for a second.”

 

Both bosses looked at each other and sighed deeply. KYM Ssajangnim said, “Arasseo Minhyuk-ssi, I’ll set up a press conference tomorrow to make your relationship known to the public.”

 

With that said, on the next day Minhyuk minus Krystal sat with both Ssajangnim to tell the whole world that he’s dating F(x)’s Krystal for almost a year. The reporters were in frenzy and the whole room erupted with questions. But the most obvious question in every one’s head was where Krystal was.

 

“This is my surprise to her. You see we had an argument last week and this is my way of fixing things. Krys, if you’re watching this, know that you’re my one and only. And I’ll see you on our anniversary.”

 

Minhyuk left the room with the reporters behind him trying to get his attention. The internet was in frenzy but the good thing was the couple was supported whole heartedly by the fans. The response were how cute they were and how brave they were for standing out for their relationship. How lucky Lotte World that day, it was packed with fans screaming and paving the way for the couple to have their time. It was like Minhyuk and Krystal didn’t need the bodyguards that both Ssajangnim forced them to have. The fans behaved and were actually looking out for them. I’ve never seen Krystal so happy.

 

Jungshin was next to open his relationship to the public. Jungshin’s story with Eunjung noona was a bit dangerous. HSH Ssajangnim really had a huge headache when they got caught, well, um not really get caught but they were flaunting their relationship to the public. Jungshin and Eunjung noona walked outside to Gangnam hand in hand without any care at all. It was stupid really but it was brave nonetheless. Everyone was skeptic about their noona-dongsaeng relationship that the fans were having a bad reaction at them. That is until the videos and personal testaments from the people who saw them arise in the internet. They were so um “sweet” that it makes you cringe but that wasn’t the best part. The best part was the fact Jungshin and Eunjung noona were really interacting with the fans. They answered every question diligently and patiently without even once removing their hands away from each other, and they were humble and was actually having fun interacting with the fans. They pose for selcas and videos for the fans who requested, and they even kissed each other on the cheeks just because a fan requested it! Those videos helped in changing the minds of the media about the couple. They were humble, happy, in love and politely asked the public for their blessing to which they did give in the end.

 

Yonghwa hyung on the other hand shook the entire world. He already planned this with hyungsoonim for a long time with the approval of both Ssajangnim. And I too was a part of the planning as Hyung asked me to help before I went to America. You know when Hyung released the news of his upcoming solo album with a lot of artist featuring in it. Well artists is a bit pushing it when only one artist featured in the whole album. That’s right, the album was a full 8 song duet between Yonghwa hyung and Hyungsoonim. Both companies did not release any news concerning the details of the album until 3 days until the release date. And when they did, all hell broke loose.

 

8 songs depicting the stages of their relationship, from the beginning, the courting, the WGM, the start of their relationship, the sweet moments, their misunderstanding earlier that year (I wrote that song), their make-up and finally what they hope they will be in the future. The last one was the title track called “Forevermore”. It depicted their hopes of staying with each other, through all the good and bad, through all hardships and prosperities, they would hold each other’s hand forevermore. The whole media, like with Minhyuk’s and Jungshin’s relationship, were fired up because of the silence both parties held on the album and especially that song. For three days, both companies did not release any official statement until they decided to release the music video of the song “Forevermore”. If you think that the media couldn’t fire up further, you were dead wrong.

 

The music video was released with the digital release of the album. The album reached number one in a matter of seconds in almost all music portals there were. But the songs wasn’t the cause, the music video was. The video reached 10 million views in less than an hour and the response from the viewers were a mixture of happiness, awe and heart-wrenching happiness. The music video entails what both couple view their marriage life would be. Hyung and Hyungsoonim’s daily life as a married couple with their daughter played and acted by none other than uri child star, Choo Sarang. They were so sweet and Choo Sarang really portrayed the love of both her parents had for her and each other in the music video. But the finale was what made the fans tear up was the ending in which Yonghwa hyung was holding a sleeping Choo Sarang and had his hand around Hyungsoonim where she’s leaning her head on Hyung’s shoulder.

 

“Hyun, my sweet love light, nomu nomu saranghaeyo.” He whispered as he kissed the top of her head.

 

Hyungsoonim turned her head to face him and said, “Nadu Yong oppa, nomu nomu saranghaeyo.”

 

And they kissed passionately. And it ended there.

 

The fans were shouting and crying happily that at least one WGM Couple stayed strong even after 3 years. The public embraced them whole heartedly and good for Yongseo couple but bad for me.

 

People started expecting me to follow the pattern soon. That Korea’s Heartbreaker would finally introduce the public a girl. And when I brought Emma to Korea, they expected her to be the girl. They put evidence of how we got out of the airport, on how sweet we were with her arm around mine. And how I didn’t leave her alone in the after party. Well to be honest I couldn’t leave her amongst these wolves that almost all the idols and actors want to get to know her. And she needs a translator alongside her so I was stuck with her, introducing and trying to communicate with other people. The only time I was able to detach myself from her when Tiffany and the Jung Sisters literally took her away from me. And the way they started gossiping and giggling they would be best of friends in no time at all. But what’s messed up was the fans didn’t had pictures and photos of my time away from her. So the fans were really decided upon that Emma was my girlfriend. And when I denied it they were skeptic about it later on accepted the fact that I’m single.

 

“Ahh so he prefers to have lots of ladies.” “Doesn’t that make him a playboy?” “Daebak! Jonghyun is my idol! I just want to be like him, lots of girls following him around.” “As expected from Korea’s Heartbreaker. He really is a heartbreaker of ladies.”

 

That was the response of the fans and that’s how I got the title Korea’s Playboy.

 

That ends my story yeorobun. From that time till now, I am always packed with schedule and overseas quite a lot for fashion shows, guest appearance, photo shoots, and what not. That’s why for today I am so grateful I had a free day today. I wanted to spend it with the guys but they were busy dating with their girlfriends and I do not have the heart to take them away from their significant others. I tried calling KyuLine but they said they were “busy” as is Taeyeon noona. I tried to call her but her voice was in a panic saying she’s very busy at the moment and hung up on me. Well I couldn’t force them to hang out with me while they have work so I’m left with the 2NE1 girls. Thank god they were free but we just decided to spend it at their dorm as they too were tired from their world tour.

 

I was about to doze to dreamland when the girls started speaking softly that caught my attention.

 

“Chaerin-ah is he sleeping?” Bom noona asked her.

 

Thanks to my acting experience, I acted out a perfectly sleeping Jonghyun that Chaerin-ah answered, “Ne unnie. He’s heavily sleeping. Wae unnie? Something happened again?” Bwo what happened?

 

“Yeah majjayo,” Dara noona said and she sighed and continue, “When will Taeyeon-ah allow us to tell Jonghyun-ah I wonder. It’s getting out of hand really.” Taeyeon noona? Wh-what a-are they talking about?

 

“Wae unnie another self-proclaimed scandal with Yoona-ssi?” Minkki asked. S-scandal?? With Yoona??

 

“Ne another one proclaiming that Yoona dated him for 2 days and left him broken hearted. I mean who in their right mind would believe this nonsense? Since Yoona-ssi broke up with Seunggi sunbaenim things haven’t been great for her.” Bom noona said and sighed. W-what?! T-they broke u-up? W-why?

 

“I really hope that these two figure things out though. I know Oppa is somehow happy but Yoona-ssi,” Dara noona said and sighed heavily. “Almost everyone hates her right now except those who know the truth. I wonder why Taeyeon-ah wanted to hide it from him. It’s a good thing that he doesn’t read SNS and the news.”

 

Th-that’s true. I’ve long refused to read to read any news or SNS updates because all I ever read upon was about me hooking up with a model, or another ‘evidence’ of the credibility of my relationship with either Taeyeon noona or Emma. I got the news about my members’ relationships when they told me about it the last time we had a concert before I came back. The shock I got when I heard the news but I congratulated them.

 

B-but w-what’s this going on with Yoona? Didn’t Seunggi sunbaenim promised me to take care of her? W-what happened?

 

I got up and the girls screamed of shock. “O-op-oppa! Y-you w-were a-awake?” Chaerin-ah said.

 

I grabbed my keys on the coffee table and went out without speaking a single word. I left the girls asking where I was going but I ignored them and left them in their dorm. I fished my phone out of my pockets and called her.

 

“Noona, were are you?” I bluntly asked as I entered my car and started the engine.

 

Oh Jonghyun-ah! I’m at our dorm but-

 

I hung up and sped to their dorm. My mind was blank throughout the ride. I couldn’t think of anything but her, Yoona. Why? Why are you hurting yourself? Weren’t you supposed to be happy? I left you and you should be happy right?

 

In no time at all I’ve reached the dorm. I didn’t bother putting any mask on, it’s pretty much known that I visit SNSD, so I don’t even bother hiding. I rushed to their dorm and knocked. To no one’s surprise Taeyeon noona opened the door.

 

“J-jonghyun-ah?! W-what a-are you doing here? We-weren’t you s-supposed to be with 2NE1?” she stammered looking extremely nervous.

 

“N-noona how did you know I was with them? I didn’t tell you I went there?” I said. Something is going on here. Something big and it’s pissing me off. “Noona why didn’t you tell me?” I whispered controlling my anger that extremely wanted to be let loose.

 

“T-tell y-you what?” She asked nervously.

 

“About Yoona noona! Why didn’t you tell me?” I shouted angrily.

 

“Y-you w-were o-on the mend and uh and um you wouldn’t –“ she stuttered but I cut her off.

 

“Noona I know you when you’re lying. You play with your feet. Now noona tell me the truth!” I demanded her.

 

“Y-yoong d-didn’t want us to tell you. S-she made me promise not to let you f-find out.”

 

“W-why?! Why didn’t you still tell me?! Is she here?! YOONA! YOONA!!” I started shouting and opening each door looking for her. Why didn’t you tell me? WHY YOONA?!
 

“Stop Jonghyun-ah! Stop!” She said while trying to grab my arm.

 

“Wae noona?! WAE?! You’re not gonna stop me from meeting her! You-“ I started but she cut me off.

 

“Jonghyun-ah stop! I do want you guys to meet, but no matter how many times I beg she wouldn’t budge.”

 

“T-then w-why are you preventing me from looking for her,” I said as I slumped on the floor. She doesn’t want to talk to me.

 

“Th-that’s because she’s not here Jonghyun-ah,” she said as she sat beside me on the floor. “Jonghyun-ah she’s been missing since yesterday.”

 

“BWO?!” I stood up immediately and said, “What do you mean missing?”

 

She too stood up and tried to calm me down. “Ne she’s been missing since yesterday. She wouldn’t answer her phone and we have no idea where she was. Why do you think the KyuLine, your members and the girls aren’t around? Because they were all looking for her. I am staying here just in case she goes home. We asked Bom noona and the girls to take care of you so we could find her.”

 

“W-why did she disappear? I-is this because all of those fake news?” I asked her seriously.

 

“Ne,” she said. She slumped down on the floor and I knelt beside her. “Sh-she just wasn’t the same since she told you she hates you. She was lifeless and put up a front hiding all her misery behind a happy face. But we knew she was dying inside. Then the news about her breaking up with Seunggi sunbaenim came out in October. I don’t know what happened with their relationship, we just assumed everything’s fine but it wasn’t. Then the fans started accusing her of being a leach for trying to leach of Seunggi’s popularity and they started sending her death threats and bad mouthing her. We asked her if she was fine but she just shrugged and just replied that things couldn’t get worst. But it did, every day a new scandal about her resurfaces from the lies the fans deemed to be true. It came to the point that she gets booed every time she was seen.  Then last week, someone threw an egg on her face then told of what a leach she was. I-it was awful Jonghyun-ah. She’s hated by everyone. Maybe that’s why she left without a word. You know her right? She just immediately hides when things were too much for her to handle- Jonghyun-ah! Where are you going?” she asked as I stood up and went straight to the door.

 

“To look for her,” I whispered and ran to my car. My mind was numb with what I heard. Damnit. I should have read the news. I would have known, I should have known. I’m sorry, I’m so sorry. But I’ll make things right this time. I went to the only place I know she would be or at least she would have passed through before going somewhere else.

 

I stopped by the gate feeling the nostalgia up my throat. How many times have I sent her home? Countless of times. Will they still tolerate my existence? I sighed deeply and rang the doorbell. A few nervous moments later the door opened revealing Yoona’s older sister.

 

“J-Jonghyun-ah? I-is that you?” she asked as she touched my face.

 

“Ne noona it’s me.” I said. Hearing me say that, she quickly hugged me.

 

“Miyoon who is i-“ Yoona’s father suddenly stopped by the steps, shocked in seeing me in person. “J-Jonghyun-ah is-is that really you?”

 

“Annyeonghasaeyo abeo- I mean sir-“ I started but I was grabbed sharply from noona into Yoona’s father’s arms.

 

“It really is you! How many times do I have to tell you to call me abeoji?” He said as he let go of me. He looked at me from up to down and said, “Waa you’re looking great. Come in the house! You should have visited earlier! We missed you.”

 

I-I’m still welcomed here. W-why? Af-after all I the things I did to Yoona, her family still welcomed me. “I-I couldn’t sir- I mean abeoji. After all that has happe-“

 

“Look Jonghyun-ah, we know what happened and throughout everything, you are still part of our family. You do not have to build anonymity between you and my family just because you two broke up. I know uri Yoona made some bad choices but please accept her forgiveness Jonghyun-ah.” Ab-abeoji said.

 

“She’s not here right abeoji? S-she went there didn’t she abeoji? T-that’s the only place I could think of where she would have run to.” I started as I tried to control the tears that wanted to fall.

 

He looked at me and smiled. “After all this time you still know her. Yes that’s right she went there. She took the keys yesterday and went right after.”

 

Hearing that I immediately went straight to my car but I was stopped by noona. She hugged me and said, “Bring her back to us Jonghyun-ah.”

 

I nodded and a quick farewell to abeoji and noona, I sped off into the road, determined to find her.

 


Author’s Note:

 

Hi guys!

 

First of all I want to say sorry because the fanfic progressed a bit too fast with little explanations but I’m in a hurry to put the finale into pieces. So if you have any questions just comment and I will try to answer them ^^.

 

Special guest appearance of Emma Watson a.k.a Hermione from Harry Potter! Hahaha I’m a big fan of Harry Potter and especially of Emma Watson. And also the actresses and models were just there to fill in the spot kekeke.  I picked the few that I personally liked hehehe.

 

Oh and I know that Jongkook and Haha’s concert is in July 12 but let’s push it further down the calendar. >.<

 

Oh and also I don’t know Yoona’s older sister’s name so I put a name which I hope is a girl’s name (Miyoon) XD kekeke.

 

The next chapter is the finale and spoiler alert: Yoona’s POV is coming. See you in the next update!

 

♥♣Pokerman♠♦