VIII

Reveal Yourself To Me
Please log in to read the full chapter

Naughty Hands

VIII. Temptation

~~~

"Let's go clubbing!" Dongwoo suggested at the end of the day.

Their classmates were already gone since ten minutes have already passed since the bell rang for dismissal. Of course, the thing that high schoolers always looked forward to was the dismissal bell. It was a given that they would scatter off in a matter of minutes.

Jinyoung glared at him. "Are you dumb? I can't."

"Did...did you actually just turn down the idea of clubbing? Wow. I think this might be the first time."

The latter rolled his eyes. "It's not that I don't want to go. I do, but I can't."

"Oh, right." Dongwoo burst into laughter remembering what his best friend told him. He slapped his knee, "HAHA. I almost forgot about the game." 

Jinyoung scowled at his reaction. He began kicking the desk's legs.

" for you, Jin~ But hey, aren't you at least thankful that she didn't ask you to be her fake boyfriend or something?" 

"Doesn't matter," Jinyoung said, "It's still bad either way. Ugh, that Kim Misun, threatening to kill my reputation. I'm going to win this bet and make her pay!"

"I feel like she's gonna win," Dongwoo said.

"What makes you say that?" the golden blond male scoffed. "And to think I thought you were my friend."

"I'm hurt that you think of it like that," Dongwoo placed a hand over his chest dramatically. "But I don't know. I just think so. I mean, are you going to be able to control yourself to not do your dumb game for a whole month?"

"I'm trying. That's why I'm rejecting your offer to go to the club. If I go, it'll tempt me. And my game is not dumb." 

"Yeah, obviously. I'm not stupid," Dongwoo rolled his eyes.

"Sometimes I question that," Jinyoung muttered under his breath. He shook his head when he heard the other ask what he said. 

"But whatever. I'm definitely going to win. Ha, Kim Misun is always over guys, what makes you think she won't be able to keep herself away from them for a month? It'd be a miracle if that happened."

---

"Oh, it'd be a miracle all right," Misun grumbled to herself as she stormed through the seemingly empty halls. Even though she wasn't wearing heels today, her presence was still well known due to how loud she was stomping her feet on the ground.

Four times. She had to reject four guys four times today.

Of course she didn't tell them the real reason behind the rejections. She made all kinds of excuses, like she suddenly had a cold, ("Well uh...COUGH COUGH I've caught a cold, I can't COUGH you know,") was having stomach pains, ("Haha yeah I just—OOOH MY STOMACH I HAVE TO GO TO THE BATHROOM!") make up issues, ("Let's not, I was in a bit of a rush this morning with my make up. If we had a session, let's just say you'll be having powdery fingers and lipstick smudged over your face.") and that she was participating in some kind of ritual. ("I have to have my body cleansed for a while and cast spells on myself, or else everyone can die if they stay within a five feet radius from me.")

(Okay, so about the last excuse. She was going to say it but was saved by the bell. So she ran off.)

The boys who approached her found her responses a bit odd, but it didn't really matter to them. After all, she was Kim Misun, their one and only queen. Everything she did and said was beyond powerful and shouldn't be questioned was their belief. Misun found that to be strange, but what could she do?

Geez, fanboys are really something.

*It's only been a day and it's already like this! How am I going to survive the rest of the month?* Misun cried in her head. She barely had a plan for today. She was surely going to lose if she didn't think of one soon for the upcoming weeks.

Sighing for the nth time today, she went to her locker. She did the combination on the lock and opened it. Misun grabbed a few books inside, stuffing it inside her bag with some force since it wouldn't fit in completely.

Slamming her locker door shut, she walked away to exit the building. Just when she was five feet away from the doors, her cellphone rang.

"Yeah?" Misun said into the phone, not bothering to look at who the caller was. She already knew who it was.

"Hi, how have you been?"

Misun froze at the voice. The person she was expecting to be on the other line wasn't speaking to her. She was off guard by the familiar voice. She cleared to keep her voice steady.

"...alright," she fished her keys out of her back and unlocked her car as she walked towards it. She opened the driver's door and settled in, throwing her bag in the passenger seat without much care. "You?"

"The same goes for me. How's school for you?"

"Why are you asking?" she shot back. She nearly winced at how harsh her tone was, but remembered who it was and those sort of thoughts vanished.

Balancing the phone between her ear and shoulder, Misun closed the door and ed her key into it's slot, reviving her car to life. She reached for her seatbelt and strapped it across her body, buckling it in place.

"I'm curious. Nobody's being mean to you, are they?"

Misun held her phone in her hand again. She raised it back up to her ear.

"Of course not," she smoothly lied. "Don't worry about it."

"That's good. I'm glad you're doing well. I miss you."

She paused again, feeling her body go rigid. Hearing the voice was one thing, but hearing those words were another. Misun wasn't prepared for a conversation with this person at the moment. She opened to reply, to say three words back, but closed it at the last minute.

"I-I've gotta go, I'm on the road now," she mumbled

Please log in to read the full chapter