X

Reveal Yourself To Me
Please log in to read the full chapter

Sticky Sticky

X. Right and Wrong

~~~

Misun didn't realize how strong he was. Although his body frame was thin and flimsy looking, you shouldn't be fooled by it. She saw his muscles flexing to use strength to pull her to wherever they were going.

If Misun were to brag, she would say that she was tougher than most girls. Perhaps it was because she was more athletic than the average girl. She could usually get out of a man's hold on her if they were trying to stop her from ditching them. However, with Jinyoung, it was to no avail.

"Jung Jinyoung," Misun hissed, growing more irritated that he was leading her somewhere while keeping his mouth shut. It was already enough that she wasn't fond of him, but to forcefully pull her along to who knows where was another thing. 

What if he tried something on her? She hardly knew him—anything was bound to happen

She repeated his name again. He still didn't answer. Misun swore under her breath at his lack of cooperation.

Jinyoung had heard her but decided to not say anything. He'd rather wait until they were somewhere completely secluded from everyone else before talking. And truthfully, he was a little pleased with the fact that she was getting frustrated with him.

"Are you really not going to answer me?" she asked in an irritated tone.

*Nope.* He thought, cackling to himself silently. A smirk was visible on his lips, yet she couldn’t see it. Misun let out yet another frustrated noise and glared at the back of his head.

He started to lead her up a flight of stairs, slowing his pace momentarily. Misun grudgingly followed him, making sure to make extra noise as she went up the steps.

Jinyoung glanced back at her, shooting her a look.

Cut it out.

Misun gave him the same look, trying to tug her arm away, Maybe if you let go of me.

He rolled his eyes and faced forward again, continuing to bring her up. Misun huffed yet followed him, having no choice.

Once they walked up the staircase, he led her down a narrow hallway with closed doors. Misun felt a sudden chill run down her spine, not liking the sudden atmosphere change. Jinyoung roughly pushed a door open with his free arm, dragging her inside. He finally released his solid grip on her.

Misun rubbed the part on her arm where he held her as she scanned the room. A frown etched her facial features, “Where are we?”
Jinyoung closed the door, leaning against it. He looked into her eyes. “Alone now. Finally.”

She took a few steps back, pointing a warning finger at him. “If you try anything, I am going to—”

“Oh please, like I’d even want to,” he interrupted, scanning her body with a look of disgust. “Now tell me why you’re here.”

“What other possible reason would there be for me to be at the club?”

“It was a rhetorical question.” Misun snorted, not believing him. He closed his eyes momentarily, “I just find it hilarious, you know, Kim Misun.”

“Find what hilarious?”

“Hm, maybe the fact that you agreed to this bet we created, yet you’re still going out of your way to continue what you’ve been doing all along. It’s like you’re asking to lose.”

Misun gnawed on the inside of her cheek, her jaw set straight. “Oh really?”

“Yes, really,” Jinyoung said. “Am I not right?”

“No,” Misun said, “You’re not, you idiot. I'm here to have fun, not to try and run into you."

"So if you didn't run into me, what would you be doing?"

"Are you really trying to snoop into my personal life, Jung Jinyoung?" she hissed. "Enough about me! Just why are you here? Ah," Misun feigned surprise. "Is it because you wanted to continue your dumb game? Did you think that I wouldn't find out if you cheated?"

Jinyoung rolled his eyes, "Oh you wish. I play by the rules, mind you. I just needed to let loose, but then you showed up."

She felt offended, "Well you're the one who bumped into me in the first place."

"Because you were in my way!" he retorted with a snort. "If only I didn't, then we wouldn't be having this conversation right now."

He suddenly remembered something. "Ha, wasn't there a drink in front of you at the bar earlier? What, did someone buy that for you? Were you going to start making out with him sooner or later?"

"I play by the rules, mind you," Misun copied his words from before, narrowing her eyes at him. So he thought of her just like everyone else did. "And I wasn't, so stop trying to accuse me."

"You accused me first."

"So?"

"Are you kidding me?" Jinyoung let his eyes go up to the ceiling as he scoffed. "I can't deal with this any longer or I'll go insane," he whipped out his cell and speed dialed a number. Misun watched him, her face set in a sour expression. Who the hell was he calling?

It took three rings before the other person answered, "Hello?"

"Top floor, third door to the right. Now." he hung up. Misun raised an eyebrow.

"We're going to get to the end of this," Jinyoung said, glancing at the door.

---

Misun stood on the left side, and Jinyoung on the right. They both had their arms folded across their chest and were glaring at each other, clearly annoyed.

Dongwoo darted his eyes left and right. He was between the two, stuck smack dab in the middle. He cleared his throat, "So explain to me why I'm here instead of dancing with that babe I met on the dance floor again?"

Misun took her gaze off of Jinyoung and looked at Dongwoo, keeping up her façade. She decided to play around with the stranger for fun. She gave him a wink after looking at him up and down. "There's a babe standing right next to me, you know."

"Cut the chase, he knows," Jinyoung rolled his eyes. Misun's smile dropped immediately. 

*What the hell? He told someone? How could he?*

"And you're deciding who's right and who's wrong," Jinyoung said. He leaned against the wall, putting one leg behind the other.

Although flattered by Misun's comment from before, Dongwoo was still confused.

"Wait, what?"

"The bet."

"Oh don't tell me you told him about that too," Misun hissed at Jinyoung.

"I did. Is there a problem?" he shot back.

"He's going to tell the whole world! My reputation will be ruined!"

Dongwoo raised an eyebrow, *That sounds a little familiar...*

"He won't, don’t worry, our dear It Girl. And besides, even if he did, he'd suffer from major consequences."

Dongwoo felt the piercing gazes coming from both of them and shuddered. He had to agree with Jinyoung.

"As threatening as his words are, it's true. I won't say a thing."

Misun kept eyeing him, still suspicious. Could she really trust him not to? And moreover, was she going to listen to Jinyoung and actually believe him? What if this was all part of his secret plan to get her exposed to the school?

She grumbled under her breath, letting it go for this time and praying. Jinyoung bit his lip and turned to his best friend to tell the story.

"So we came here together, right?" Dongwoo nodded slowly, waiting for him to go on. "And I've done nothing but have a couple of drinks and dance—"

"Wait, you danced tonight? Whoa! Why wasn't I there to see it, ugh!" 

"That's besides the point," Jinyoung hissed, snapping his fingers to get Dongwoo's attention again. "Anyways, I managed to bump into Miss Boy Crazy over here."

Misun grinded her teeth together when she heard what Jinyoung called her. Yeah, that's what she was called pretty much every day by her peers. Hell, they called her worse things.

But just because she heard it all the time didn't mean it didn't hurt her any less. They didn't even know the reason behind it.
She it up and pushed away all the negative thoughts forming in her head. She scoffed at his story, "Yeah, because putting labels on people is such a great thing, huh?"

"Well isn't that what you are?" Jinyoung glowered at her.

Dongwoo opened his mouth to speak but stopped when Misun began speaking.

"Might as well call me a damn instead. That’s what you meant, right? Stop using degrading terms to describe me when you're not any better. Crushing

Please log in to read the full chapter