.eight

The Odd Couple
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

.eight

“Hey,” He nodded as a greeting. I noticed that there weren’t people flocking around him today. Usually when he’s walking there’d be like, tons of girls pushing themselves toward him and yelling his name like they’re being , but now that I see his figure, he seems so lonely.

Oh wait, I forgot that he was—

“I’m surprised that you’re still talking to me even if I was debunked.”

I tried my best not to look surprised, but I guess I failed judging from the chuckle he released. “It’s alright; most people have the same reaction.” I grin sheepishly at him. “I just wanted to ask how you were doing. You don’t look like the type to not be popular, you know?”

Luhan merely shrugs. “Honestly I don’t really care. It doesn’t make a difference even if I’m not that famous anymore. But now that you mentioned it, it feels like something heavy just got off my shoulder.”

I was simply flabbergasted, looking at him with widened eyes. “Wha-what? But how could you—”

“I didn’t want to become popular in the first place.” He said. “A bunch of girls thought I was cute and then began following me. The next thing I knew the numbers increased and they somehow transformed the old janitor’s closet into a worshipping place. It was horrible, honestly.”

“I could tell.” I wrinkled my nose. He chuckles, poking it playfully. I resisted the urge not to blush at that.

“But hey, tutor’s on later, right?”

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. “I think so. Mom’s expecting you to come since like, morning, so yeah.”

“Cool. I’ll see you after class at the gate.”

XXX

It didn’t surprise me that I found Luhan getting beaten up at the alleyway near our school gate. Now that he’s a normal student like the rest of us, he’s deemed ‘touchable’ and all his haters are probably getting their revenge on him.

But it surprised me to know that he didn’t fight back, simply letting his body get tossed from one direction to the other, and being torn from part to part.

I simply sigh, walking to them. I knew where this was already going at.

“Hey punks,”

They all turn to me wit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter